View Full Version : OG&E Proposal

ljbab728
01-30-2015, 11:04 PM
This is not an insignificant issue given the potential large increase in rates.

OG&E's $1.1 billion environmental compliance plan in Oklahoma draws critics | NewsOK.com (http://m.newsok.com/oges-1.1-billion-environmental-compliance-plan-in-oklahoma-draws-critics/article/5388954)

A $1.1 billion plan for environmental compliance by Oklahoma Gas and Electric Co. will go before regulators in March, but several parties are questioning the timing and details of the utility’s proposal.

OG&E wants to install scrubbers at two of its Sooner coal units and convert two Muskogee coal units to natural gas. It also wants to replace its aging Mustang plant in western Oklahoma City. The utility must comply with federal regulations for regional haze and mercury and air toxins.

If approved by the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, the plan would increase residential customer bills by 15 percent from 2015 to 2019. The costs would be phased in each year and added to customer bills in the form of a separate line item called a rider.

betts
01-31-2015, 05:15 AM
I'll pay 15% more, if those are their actual costs, for cleaner air. Converting power plants to natural gas is better for our economy as well. Of course, I live in a phenomenally energy efficient house, so my annual costs will not increase over $200.

ljbab728
01-31-2015, 07:36 PM
I'll pay 15% more, if those are their actual costs, for cleaner air. Converting power plants to natural gas is better for our economy as well. Of course, I live in a phenomenally energy efficient house, so my annual costs will not increase over $200.

Betts, most of the posters here can afford that kind of increase with no problem but there are certainly elderly or low income people for whom this is significant.

betts
01-31-2015, 08:58 PM
Betts, most of the posters here can afford that kind of increase with no problem but there are certainly elderly or low income people for whom this is significant.

But we have to do whatever it takes to try to reduce the damage we've done/are doing to our air quality and the environment. Our state government isn't going to do it. I'll sacrifice all my disposable income to try and preserve some reasonable future for our children and grandchildren.

Zuplar
01-31-2015, 09:02 PM
But we have to do whatever it takes to try to reduce the damage we've done/are doing to our air quality and the environment. Our state government isn't going to do it. I'll sacrifice all my disposable income to try and preserve some reasonable future for our children and grandchildren.

I can certainly understand that sentiment, but at the same time I'm not okay with OGE making tons of money. They should eat their fair share of the cost IMO.

betts
01-31-2015, 09:10 PM
I can certainly understand that sentiment, but at the same time I'm not okay with OGE making tons of money. They should eat their fair share of the cost IMO.

I agree, but I want it to happen regardless and I have very little faith in anyone with authority forcing OG&E to bear any financial burden. I hope I'm wrong.

ljbab728
01-31-2015, 09:47 PM
I understand but it's not just about you and what you can do. There are those on low fixed incomes for whom the could be a major issue. If this is approved some kind of consideration needs to be given to those in that situation.

ljbab728
02-01-2015, 01:22 AM
There usually is. It's not often right away but legislation often follows.

Don't forget, this is Oklahoma we're talking about.

Plutonic Panda
03-30-2015, 02:08 AM
https://scontent-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11083877_10205180672188922_7941188284571468025_n.j pg?oh=563e0b603b2e5c18533ffed6e1073847&oe=55ABDDB4

Oklahoma utility OG&E faces multiple challenges in approval of $1 billion plan for environmental compliance and replacement generation | News OK (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-utility-oge-faces-multiple-challenges-in-approval-of-1-billion-plan-for-environmental-compliance-and-replacement-generation/article/5405469)

Servicetech571
05-19-2015, 08:11 PM
Plant trees, it's one of the best things the average person can do for future generations.