View Full Version : UFO's and other mysteries

Prunepicker
01-16-2015, 10:08 PM
Do you have any favorites? I've been enthralled with the Roswell Incident in 1947.

Here's something I just came across.

From the Daily Mail
(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2908998/Can-solve-world-s-biggest-UFO-mysteries-Rare-microfilms-alien-sightings-available-online-free.html)In 1948, the US government launched several inquiries into UFO
sightings, which many believed were sparked by Cold War paranoia.

In what became known as 'Project Blue Book,' more than 12,000
encounters with UFOs were looked into by the Air Force.

Now, decades after the files were closed, the microfilms have been
made available online for free – allowing anyone to re-examine
the evidence.

OKCisOK4me
01-17-2015, 08:57 AM
I just prefer the Alien Astronaut theory. It ties in well with the Zecharia Sitchen books as well as Erik Von Danken's 'Chariots of Gods' book. With all the ancient petroglyphs found around the world with drawings of beings with what looks like helmets on their heads, how can one not take the theory for granted?

catcherinthewry
01-17-2015, 09:02 AM
I heard Tom Cruise is an alien.

kelroy55
01-17-2015, 10:00 AM
I like

http://images.laweekly.com/imager/b/original/2381088/e438/alien_ale.jpg

Motley
01-17-2015, 10:09 AM
Not a believer in aliens or ghosts. I prefer the Sasquatch mystery but, sadly, don't believe they exit either.

ljbab728
01-17-2015, 11:15 PM
I remember when I was a child in the 50's and this was a very real topic. I used to go outside at night and lay on the ground watching the sky hoping to see a flying saucer. All I ever saw was a few fire flies but it was fun.:)

Plutonic Panda
01-17-2015, 11:18 PM
Not a believer in aliens or ghosts. I prefer the Sasquatch mystery but, sadly, don't believe they exit either. So you think earth is the only planet that has life among the trillions of stars out there?

Motley
01-18-2015, 08:21 AM
No there is most likely all types of life out there, I just doubt we have been visited or are being visited by aliens in spaceships. And if they have visited, then they are far too advanced to leave telltale evidence of their presence.

Instead of advanced aliens visiting, it is far more likely earth receives rudimentary building block molecules or other organic matter falling from space.

BBatesokc
01-18-2015, 01:38 PM
No there is most likely all types of life out there, I just doubt we have been visited or are being visited by aliens in spaceships. And if they have visited, then they are far too advanced to leave telltale evidence of their presence.

Instead of advanced aliens visiting, it is far more likely earth receives rudimentary building block molecules or other organic matter falling from space.

Agreed - Don't believe in alien visits or abductions. (or ghosts or Big Foot, etc.)

Mel
01-18-2015, 01:51 PM
I remember when I was a child in the 50's and this was a very real topic. I used to go outside at night and lay on the ground watching the sky hoping to see a flying saucer. All I ever saw was a few fire flies but it was fun.:)

I did the same thing and growing up as a Navy brat it was not hard to fuel my imagination with so many moving lights in the sky.

Just the facts
01-18-2015, 02:11 PM
When airline pilots report seeing weird stuff I tend to believe them. While they might not be seeing extraterrestrial craft, they are seeing something.
KW10xCub3Kg

Snowman
01-18-2015, 02:40 PM
Do you have any favorites? I've been enthralled with the Roswell Incident in 1947.

Here's something I just came across.

From the Daily Mail
(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2908998/Can-solve-world-s-biggest-UFO-mysteries-Rare-microfilms-alien-sightings-available-online-free.html)In 1948, the US government launched several inquiries into UFO
sightings, which many believed were sparked by Cold War paranoia.

In what became known as 'Project Blue Book,' more than 12,000
encounters with UFOs were looked into by the Air Force.

Now, decades after the files were closed, the microfilms have been
made available online for free – allowing anyone to re-examine
the evidence.

A fair amount of those investigated by the government, were where experimental aircraft had been developed/flown for the government, probably just checking how much the witness saw. I can not remember the number but more than 20% was for just one project, either the U2 or the Blackbird (I can not remember which).

Prunepicker
01-19-2015, 01:37 PM
So you think earth is the only planet that has life among the trillions of stars
out there?
I believe there's ET life somewhere in the universe besides on Earth.

BDP
01-19-2015, 01:52 PM
I enjoy a lot this stuff mainly from the psychological perspective. It's very interesting to me how people will readily see a lack of explanation for something as proof for what they believe in. We are very uncomfortable with things not being explained or with the concept of chaos. It seems since the first days we were able to communicate our thoughts, we've been using our imaginations to explain things we don't understand.

Prunepicker
01-19-2015, 08:43 PM
Here's a very interesting site I recently came across. Then I looked up sightings
by Cosmonauts.

UFO Sightings by Astronauts (http://www.syti.net/UFOSightings.html)

UFO Sightings by Cosmonauts (http://www.openminds.tv/russian-cosmonauts-ufo-sightings-and-statements/859)

OKCRT
01-21-2015, 05:32 PM
Where there is smoke,there is usually fire. No way on earth that we humans are the only life form in the universe. They could be walking among us today and who would know? But,I seriously do believe that other life forms are out there somewhere....Hell, I could be an alien for all I know.

Lots of reports of things seen in the sky over the years by very credible people. Has to be something out there somewhere. My wife swears she seen a flying saucer with a cup full of hot chocolate chasing Santa Clause about a month ago.

Prunepicker
01-21-2015, 06:00 PM
Where there is smoke,there is usually fire.
No doubt about it.

No way on earth that we humans are the only life form in the universe. They
could be walking among us today and who would know? But,I seriously do
believe that other life forms are out there somewhere...
Even Billy Graham agrees with us.

Hell, I could be an alien for all I know?
After watching "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" I'm convinced that
I am.

Lots of reports of things seen in the sky over the years by very credible people.
Has to be something out there somewhere. My wife swears she seen a flying
saucer with a cup full of hot chocolate chasing Santa Clause about a month
ago.
Like Astronauts and Cosmonauts.

Many of the naysayers believe in things far more unlikely.

Prunepicker
01-21-2015, 09:10 PM
I don't care about what the naysayers say. They have their thoughts and
we have ours.

Here's another very cool site to visit..

Area 51 'Uncensored': Was It UFOs Or The USSR? : NPR (http://www.npr.org/2011/05/17/136356848/area-51-uncensored-was-it-ufos-or-the-ussr)

Prunepicker
01-25-2015, 10:14 PM
Here's an interesting article.

NASA cuts live video as UFO rises from Earth toward ISS [Video]
(http://www.digitaljournal.com/internet/nasa-cuts-live-video-as-ufo-rises-from-earth-toward-iss-video/article/423912)UFO researchers are up in arms after NASA cut its live video feed streamed from
the International Space Station (ISS) when a UFO appeared on the feed last week.

Swake
01-25-2015, 10:42 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/158/329/9189283.jpg

Prunepicker
01-26-2015, 10:57 PM
Extraordinary UFO sightings from the US Air Force's Project Blue Book

Extraordinary UFO sightings from the US Air Force's Project Blue Book - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/11365968/Extraordinary-UFO-sightings-from-the-US-Air-Forces-Project-Blue-Book.html)

Prunepicker
01-26-2015, 10:59 PM
Here's the USAF Project Blue Book. Pretty cool.

Project BLUE BOOK - Unidentified Flying Objects (http://www.archives.gov/foia/ufos.html)

Prunepicker
02-09-2015, 08:35 PM
New/old footage.

What do you think?

New Footage Leaked! Is This The Real Roswell Alien Footage? (http://www.disclose.tv/news/New_footage_leaked_Is_This_The_Real_Roswell_Alien_ Footage/113674)

zookeeper
02-09-2015, 09:07 PM
Fascinating topic and only a slight chance we'll ever really know. I say that because I think we're a fairly insignificant part of a huge, infinite whole. When people ask if I think there are other planets with intelligent life, I always respond with, "Probably billions - if not trillions." People look at me strange, but just consider...Kepler has been looking in one tiny portion of the galaxy. In fact, if you hold up a postage stamp to the night sky, that's about the size of the cosmos Kepler has looked at. It found not only many planets, but many planets that are in a "Goldilocks zone" - perfect for life in proportion to the planet and its star. Go outside and put a postage stamp to the sky and multiply that by not only the night sky you see - but that you don't see. In fact, double it (we live on a sphere after all). The chances of intelligent life NOT being "out there, somewhere" is incredibly small.

Another quick thought...remember that what Kepler found in that tiny area which it's looked, can only "see" so far. So, you can't just say, "Okay, if Kepler looked everywhere - the number of planets would be more than mind boggling." While true, Kepler (RIP for all practical purposes), can, again, only see so far. Consider deep, deep space, and then deep, deep, deep space, and then deep, deep, deep, deep space - ad infinitum. Trillions of planets with intelligent life could be laughably small to our tiny brains.

Prunepicker
02-09-2015, 09:31 PM
I believe that there are extraterrestrials.

How arrogant would we be to not believe that?

Seriously. To believe otherwise would be tantamount to complete and
unjustified arrogance.

Are there any pseudo-scientific naysayers who have rational evidence to
the contrary? Make that reasonable evidence to the contrary.

trousers
02-10-2015, 05:49 AM
Do I believe that there is other life somewhere in this massive universe? Yes.
Do I think that they helped build the pyramids? No.
My problem is when people think if you believe A then you should believe B.

Bill Robertson
02-10-2015, 06:28 AM
I believe the universe is simply too large for us to be the only life out there.
I also believe that if there are life forms out there advanced enough to travel light-years to visit other planets they would look at us as so inconsequential that they might fly by but not pay much attention to us. Why would they?

Ghosts are another thing. I've experienced a couple of things that I have no other explanation for. Whether I call them ghosts, lingering life energy or whatever there is something there.

Prunepicker
02-10-2015, 11:07 PM
Do I believe that there is other life somewhere in this massive universe? Yes.
As do I.

Do I think that they helped build the pyramids? No.
Nor do I.

My problem is when people think if you believe A then you should believe B.
Personally, I don't know of anyone who believes that. That means that I've
never met anyone who believes that. Never, ever. But that's my experience.

Do you know anyone who does? Or is it an assumption? Do you have evidence?
Maybe a site for kooks who believe that? Is this a personal experience? If it
is then it's just as valid as any one's experience.

Jim Kyle
02-11-2015, 09:28 AM
I've personally seen and reported UFOs, back in 1953 while on a Korean hill with Love Company of the Wolfhounds, as a forward observer for Battery C, 8th FA Battalion, 25th Infantry Division. My position was due south of the Panmunjom truce tent, about 15 miles to my north, and one night while keeping watch I noticed some strange red lights darting back and forth above the tent's location. Unable to identify them, I reported them to my Fire Direction Center and from there the report went up the line through channels.

They were objects, they appeared to be flying, and they were unidentified. It must have been a dead day for news, because it hit the wires as 'UFOs over truce talks" and caused a brief stir.

However by dawn we HAD managed to identify them. A quad-50 machine gun had been firing at a Chinese patrol well removed from the truce corridor itself, with tracer bullets as always, and what I saw had been ricochets of the tracers. They changed from "UFO" status to "IFO" status, and of course that never made the news...

Prunepicker
02-17-2015, 11:24 PM
I've personally seen and reported UFOs, back in 1953 while on a Korean hill with
Love Company of the Wolfhounds, as a forward observer for Battery C, 8th FA
Battalion, 25th Infantry Division. My position was due south of the Panmunjom truce
tent, about 15 miles to my north, and one night while keeping watch I noticed some
strange red lights darting back and forth above the tent's location. Unable to identify
them, I reported them to my Fire Direction Center and from there the report went up
the line through channels.

They were objects, they appeared to be flying, and they were unidentified. It must
have been a dead day for news, because it hit the wires as 'UFOs over truce talks"
and caused a brief stir.

However by dawn we HAD managed to identify them. A quad-50 machine gun had
been firing at a Chinese patrol well removed from the truce corridor itself, with tracer
bullets as always, and what I saw had been ricochets of the tracers. They changed
from "UFO" status to "IFO" status, and of course that never made the news...
Careful JK, someone is going to call you a kook.

I believe you. And knowing you makes it very easy to do.

Thanks for your input.

Jim Kyle
02-18-2015, 10:24 AM
Careful JK, someone is going to call you a kook.That's okay. I've been officially certified as being 90% sane, by an agency of the federal government, and have held that status for a bit more than 60 years now. Not too many folks can truthfully make that claim, I suspect...

Prunepicker
02-18-2015, 01:02 PM
Here's a fun article.

Will first contact with aliens spell the end of civilization? Experts discuss
dangers of sending messages to ET (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2951184/We-teach-aliens-CRICKET-ET-wants-hear-culture-not-views-science-says-Director-Seti.html)

Prunepicker
02-19-2015, 10:03 PM
I don't remember this. Does anyone remember it?

Britain's Roswell: the truth behind the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/11415831/Rendlesham-Forest-UFO-incident-truth-conspiracies.html)

RadicalModerate
02-20-2015, 08:35 AM
I don't remember this. Does anyone remember it?

Britain's Roswell: the truth behind the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/11415831/Rendlesham-Forest-UFO-incident-truth-conspiracies.html)

I remember it like it was yesterday. Or, like, almost yesterday (you posted the reminder at 12:03 am). I think that a lot of these UFO sightings are of inter-dimensional time-travelers. From ancient civilizations that existed prior to The Mayans. Perhaps even the Sumerians. Why . . . There is a good chance that their home base might even have been Atlantis. Speaking of time-travel, tomorrow we are planning a trip to Ingrid's Kitchen: Where excellent food and live music are not a thing of the past. Perhaps we will meet in passing time . . . just don't play any tunes by Donovan, OK?

RadicalModerate
02-20-2015, 08:41 AM
Here's a fun article.

Will first contact with aliens spell the end of civilization? Experts discuss
dangers of sending messages to ET (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2951184/We-teach-aliens-CRICKET-ET-wants-hear-culture-not-views-science-says-Director-Seti.html)

I think there have already been Close Encounters of The Fourth Kind: How else can The Origin of The Proto-Borg CellPhoners be explained? Rhetorical Question: The answer is given in the interrogatory. Not to mention that line from the article regarding the English Airspace Invaders' fondness for state of the art buried cable.

Here's a question that I've always had regarding ExtraTerrestrial Flying Machines: Just who is it that those flashing lights are for? (Or, alternatively, "for whom are them flashing lights intended?") That question would even apply to Captain Kirk's ride, The Enterprise. Especially if it was travelling at Warp Speed. I mean . . . If one is travelling at several times the speed of light, then what's the point of the blinking lights?

Prunepicker
02-23-2015, 12:22 PM
... If one is traveling at several times the speed of light, then what's the point of the blinking
lights?
For those following behind so can they can see which way to turn.

Prunepicker
03-10-2015, 01:00 AM
The binary code of 23 and 73 is quite interesting. I'm very interested in this.

Radio telescope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_telescope)

Jim Kyle
03-10-2015, 09:47 AM
The binary code of 23 and 73 is quite interesting. I'm very interested in this.

Radio telescope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_telescope)Interesting in what way? Binary for 23 is 00010111 and that for 73 is 01001001 == and I see nothing much in common here. Are you referring to the mysterious "WOW!" signal, which seems quite likely to have been of extraterritorial origin but still could have been a natural event of some sort?

drumsncode
03-10-2015, 07:02 PM
Everyone interested in this thread should be watching "Unsealed: Alien Files" every Saturday night on channel 52. I believe they rerun it on Sunday evening, too. There are two shows back to back each time. Week to week there is plenty of repetition, but the show is extremely interesting. It's also overly dramatic, but ignore that and watch with an open mind.

Also, get hold of a copy of Zecharia Sitchin's "Genesis Revisited". That will rock your world. It's those Sumerian clay tablets that really woke me up.

Prunepicker
03-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Interesting in what way? Binary for 23 is 00010111 and that for 73 is 01001001 ==
and I see nothing much in common here. Are you referring to the mysterious "WOW!"
signal, which seems quite likely to have been of extraterritorial origin but still could
have been a natural event of some sort?
I'm thinking of extraterritorial, or more commonly extraterrestrial. At least that's what
this thread is about. Here's a link about the Arecibo message. Whether or not it's
accurate is debatable. I simply like this stuff.

Arecibo message - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arecibo_message)

Jim Kyle
03-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Okay; I think the question I was answering led me astray. They picked 23 and 73 because both of them are prime numbers; so far as I can see that's their only significance. I think they assumed that any other intelligence would have (1) developed mathematics as a tool for dealing with the physical universe and (2) consequently be aware of the unusual qualities of prime numbers. They could have used any other pair of primes, but I suspect their choice depended on how many bits they needed for each part of the message.

The message itself is so full of human-oriented assumptions that it's extremely unlikely to even be recognized as a message, by non-human intelligence. This whole thing was primarily a public relations gesture to publicize the Arecibo facility -- which I understood to have been completely shut down a few years later, although I've not confirmed that via Google.

Much more interesting, to me, is the "WOW!" message detected just once a few years earlier. It met all the expected earmarks of a true extraterrestrial communications event, but happened only once and despite intensive searching, has never been repeated. The wikipedia entry for it has links to extremely detailed explanation of the message, the reasons for ruling out most suggested reasons for its terrestrial origin, and description of the subsequent search attempts.

For 10 years back in the late Fifties and early Sixties, I was a very active ham radio operator, working in the VHF/UHF range by choice, and got rather deep into a study of radio astronomy. It's fascinating in and of itself. As an aside, hams used the Arecibo dish to bounce a signal off of our moon, after the military had proved that radar could measure its distance. The amazing thing about the ham effort is that we were allowed a maximum transmitter power of 1000 watts. Using the big dish in Peurto Rico, though, concentrated that signal into a beam narrow enough and consequently powerful enough to make it to the moon and back in the Sixties!

If you've not yet looked at the data about the WOW! signal, just Google for it. I found the details that way, and they were on line as recently as last week.