View Full Version : Water Well Drillers

mkjeeves
01-16-2015, 01:43 PM
I'm thinking about having a well installed at my place by Lake Overholser for lawn watering and back up household water supply. Any recommendations for a drilling company?

We had one when the bought the place but it silted in and we connected to OKC utilities.

rezman
01-16-2015, 02:38 PM
Don Strawn drilled the one on our acreage. It was a submersable pump hooked up to a pitless connection and the pump was at about 185'. But it was already there when we bought the place. We ended up replacing the pump, which was a Grundfos, and replaced it with a Sta Rite.

Pitless is the way to go because you don't have to have a well house.

Also, try J&B pump and supply ... 388-2246. They're good people and lived right down the road from us. They are full service and do a good job.

oklip955
01-16-2015, 03:25 PM
I use Waterloo Pump and Supply. Great people with great service. 348-1228 I put in a new pump this fall, the old one was going out. They had one that was bigger that was a take out from someone who wanted a larger one. Got it at a great price and with a warrenty. The last one was also a take out and it lasted with my all summer large garden watering. (I've been at my place for 32 yrs) Anyway, there real good if you need service too.

ctchandler
01-16-2015, 03:31 PM
I have been using Boulware Pump and Supply since 1982 and we have been very pleased. I believe they also own Waterloo Pump and Supply. They do drill but they didn't drill mine, Ted Jenks did and I don't know if they are still around. They installed a pump that lasted thirty-two years. It was considered the "Cadillac" of pumps. It was a Berkeley. My first pump was a Red Jacket and it lasted seven years.
C. T.

rezman
01-16-2015, 03:55 PM
C.T. I think you are correct . Boulware bought out several well companies, including Waterloo and Stella Pump and Supply. I know they kept all the same numbers for a while and the calls went through one place but they dispatched out of the separate offices, depending on what part of town you were in. And yes, they treated us well too.

mkjeeves
01-16-2015, 06:46 PM
Thanks! I've heard of a couple of those.