View Full Version : Police chief shot while entering house

rezman
01-16-2015, 09:26 AM
Oklahoma officer borrowed bulletproof vest moments before being shot; no arrests being made | KFOR.com (http://kfor.com/2015/01/15/oklahoma-officer-borrowed-bulletproof-vest-moments-before-being-shot-four-times/)

Apparently, the officers entered the residence without a warrant. Bet they don't do that again.

kelroy55
01-16-2015, 09:37 AM
"Facts surrounding the case lead agents to believe the man was unaware it was officers who made entry."

I wonder if they announced themselves? I bet they don't either and the Chief starts wearing a vest full time.

jerrywall
01-16-2015, 09:46 AM
I'm amazed no one was killed.

Chadanth
01-16-2015, 09:51 AM
"Facts surrounding the case lead agents to believe the man was unaware it was officers who made entry."

I wonder if they announced themselves? I bet they don't either and the Chief starts wearing a vest full time.

OSBI already said the resident wasn't going to face charges as he wasn't aware it was police in his home.

OkiePoke
01-16-2015, 10:16 AM
Why didn't the cop return fire???

kelroy55
01-16-2015, 10:23 AM
Why didn't the cop return fire???

The guy wasn't black j/k

OkiePoke
01-16-2015, 10:24 AM
Not saying the cop should have shot... But it is just kind of strange the cop didn't return fire.

rezman
01-16-2015, 10:42 AM

I was wondering the same thing. Even if they did announce themselves, if they didn't have a warrant, that's a big no no.

Mel
01-16-2015, 12:10 PM
The guy wasn't black j/k

I got my keyboard out of the way in time but my shirt has a nice big coffee stain on it.

Snowman
01-16-2015, 05:39 PM
Not saying the cop should have shot... But it is just kind of strange the cop didn't return fire.

With shots fired they might have been at a point it was best to take cover and only after that was there any dialogue between the police and home owner. What I am curious about is the gap in the story from this being about a bomb threat against a Community Action Center then jumping to the Police entering into a private residence. Did they think this was they guy making the threat, was it just a house near the school that was where the bomb was claimed to be put?

rezman
01-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Sounds like the house was right next door. There are also gaps in the story from when they arrived on the property to when the man who fired the shots was released. Only speculating here, but it also sounds like they let themselves in and surprised the resident .... Pretty big blunder if so.

soonerstan56
01-17-2015, 12:27 PM
Perhaps a small town police force who have been watching a few too many cops episodes ?
Very fortunate he wasn't killed.

Mel
01-17-2015, 01:39 PM
Sounds like the house was right next door. There are also gaps in the story from when they arrived on the property to when the man who fired the shots was released. Only speculating here, but it also sounds like they let themselves in and surprised the resident .... Pretty big blunder if so.

I think the chief figured that one at. Afterwards.

Bunty
01-17-2015, 02:01 PM
If cops are smart enough to wear a bullet proof vest when going about breaking the 4th Amendment, maybe citizens better be ready for them by getting a bullet proof vest besides a gun.