View Full Version : This argument is hilarious.

Plutonic Panda
01-13-2015, 11:07 PM
In a body building forum, an argument over how many days there in a week took place. Here is the link so you can visually see what followed: Full Body Workout Every Other Day? - Bodybuilding.com Forums (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107926751)

This is how I found out about it. I am NOT a member of viewer of that forum, although perhaps I should start. ;)

Two body builders argue on the internet about how many days are in the week | Death and Taxes (http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/233107/two-body-builders-argue-on-the-internet-about-how-many-days-are-in-the-week/)

Plutonic Panda
01-13-2015, 11:08 PM
So next time you're in a really dumb argument here, just remember this happened.

Dubya61
01-14-2015, 03:50 PM
at a bar one night the people seated behind me descended to discussing how the beer glasses must be porous and are leaking little droplets that apparently those of us who are less intelligent think of as condensation.

RadicalModerate
01-14-2015, 03:55 PM
at a bar one night the people seated behind me descended to discussing how the beer glasses must be porous and are leaking little droplets that apparently those of us who are less intelligent think of as condensation.

You do realize that it's only "strong" beer that does that leaking through the glass thing on account of 3.2 is lighter . . . right?
(why did I just have a flashback of that Monty Python Argument Clinic sketch?)

jerrywall
01-14-2015, 03:58 PM
It's a great example of Loki's wager.

rezman
01-14-2015, 06:36 PM
" I like to pick things up and put them down "

Mel
01-14-2015, 08:53 PM
" I like to pick things up and put them down "

You forgot the bro.

RadicalModerate
01-15-2015, 08:09 AM
The only way that the online argument, linked above, could have been better is if some musclehead fuktard agitator had thrown the concept of "Metric" as compared to "Standard" weeks into the mix.

Bill Robertson
01-15-2015, 09:17 AM
I love the one guy arguing that when counting days you don't count today as 1, you start with tomorrow as 1. Does that make today 0?

RadicalModerate
01-15-2015, 09:30 AM
I love the one guy arguing that when counting days you don't count today as 1, you start with tomorrow as 1. Does that make today 0?

I think it depends on what time it is and whether or not Daylight Savings Time is in effect. Or not. Do the math. Or don't.

RadicalModerate
01-15-2015, 09:34 AM
It's a great example of Loki's wager.

No true Scotsman would ever get involved in an argument like that, especially if what he had in his mouth was just a picture of a pipe.

Roger S
01-15-2015, 09:35 AM
Best stupid arguments I've ever heard all took place in a Waffle House.

Most recent was if 3 left turns make a right.

RadicalModerate
01-15-2015, 09:42 AM
Best stupid arguments I've ever heard all took place in a Waffle House.

Most recent was if 3 left turns make a right.

I'd wager that Jim Gaffigan wouldn't argue with that Waffle House observation.
And I don't gamble.

TheTravellers
01-15-2015, 09:55 AM

Actually, today's 4, and Sunday is 0. UNIX geeks will get it. :-P

Roger S
01-15-2015, 10:09 AM
I'd wager that Jim Gaffigan wouldn't argue with that Waffle House observation.
And I don't gamble.

Yeah... They tried to drag me into it and I was having none of it.

Plutonic Panda
01-15-2015, 03:24 PM
I love the one guy arguing that when counting days you don't count today as 1, you start with tomorrow as 1. Does that make today 0?Yes, today doesn't exist. Free your mind man.

PS, tomorrow will exist. However, when tomorrow becomes today, it will seize to exist.

PPS, zero has no value, so we won't talk about zero.