View Full Version : OU Football 2015

ljbab728
01-11-2015, 10:56 PM
I think it's time to start a new thread for OU football since this has nothing to do with 2014.

Oklahoma To Name Lincoln Riley Offensive Coordinator - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | (http://www.news9.com/story/27822934/breaking-news-oklahoma-to-name-lincoln-riley-offensive-coordinator)

NORMAN, Oklahoma - Sources confirm that OU plans to name Lincoln Riley as its new play-caller and offensive coordinator. Riley has helped set records at East Carolina as the coordinator and quarterbacks coach the past five seasons. It's a clear sign Bob Stoops is going back to the Hal Mumme/Mike Leach “Air Raid” style of attack that OU ran in the beginning of the Stoops Era (1999 under offensive coordinator Mike Leach). I'm told OU will emphasize getting its talented running backs in space in the attack and that Riley's success and experience of play-calling helped him become Oklahoma's choice.

ljbab728
01-12-2015, 10:38 PM
Oklahoma football: Cornerbacks coach Bobby Jack Wright retiring from coaching | NewsOK.com (http://m.newsok.com/assistant-football-coach-to-retire/article/5384099)

Oklahoma cornerbacks coach Bobby Jack Wright has decided to retire from coaching, sources confirmed Monday evening to The Oklahoman.

An official announcement of Wright's retirement is expected this week. He could move into an administrative role within the OU athletic department, although that is still yet to be determined.

venture
01-12-2015, 11:01 PM
I still won't be shocked if by fall, the "Co-" part of Jerry's title is gone. Things are still changing.

dcsooner
01-13-2015, 06:15 AM
BobStoops and his coaches should pay attention and learn how to COACH from the best (Meyers, Saban, Carroll, Miles). What Meyer did with Ohio State was amazing and I attribute it mostly to COACHING. You could see the fire in his (Meyer) belly not the casual (take this AXX whipping), excuse laden post conference Bob is known for.

SoonerBoy18
01-18-2015, 10:17 AM
Its time to start winning like we use too back in the early 2000's I am sick of these Big 12 schools beating the mess out of us, when we were known for dominating them one point in time. This football program is getting embarrassing. That Alabama win was the greatest thing that has happened since the national championship in 2000

mugofbeer
01-18-2015, 09:39 PM
The offensive moves were good and, as badly as I hoped Josh Huepel could be highly successful and a possible successor to Stoops, he didnt work out. To me, defense has 1 more year then Mike Stoops goes. OUs talent level has dropped. Receivers need to be able to actually catch passes. I think it will happen and look forward to incremental improvement in 2015.

venture
01-18-2015, 10:18 PM
Its time to start winning like we use too back in the early 2000's I am sick of these Big 12 schools beating the mess out of us, when we were known for dominating them one point in time. This football program is getting embarrassing. That Alabama win was the greatest thing that has happened since the national championship in 2000

I'm guessing you weren't alive during the glory days of John Blake? :)

ljbab728
01-18-2015, 11:11 PM
I'm guessing you weren't alive during the glory days of John Blake? :)

Don't forget the glory days of Gomer Jones. :wink:

SoonerBoy18
01-19-2015, 02:50 PM
Don't forget the glory days of Gomer Jones. :wink:

Nope Anything prior to 2000 I was too young to know about.

mugofbeer
01-19-2015, 05:20 PM
The pain still lingers with some of us. ��

ljbab728
01-23-2015, 11:19 PM
Congrats to Josh Heupel on his new job and I wish him well.

Josh Heupel Named Assistant Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach at Utah State - Utah State Aggies Official Athletic Site (http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012315aab.html)

Even though things didn't work out for him here, he is still going to be fondly remembered for all of the things he brought to OU (including a national championship) with his personality and enthusiasm.