View Full Version : GE to host 2015 Annual Shareholders Meeting in OKC

adaniel
12-09-2014, 02:03 PM
This is interesting:

CORRECTING and REPLACING GE to Hold 2015 Shareowners Meeting in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma | Business Wire (http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20141208005986/en/GE-Hold-2015-Shareowners-Meeting-Oklahoma-City)

For the record, GE is headquartered in Fairfield County, CT (just northeast of NYC).

dcsooner
12-09-2014, 02:17 PM
GE (NYSE:GE) announced today that it will hold its 2015 Annual Meeting of Shareowners on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

GE holds its shareowners meeting in a different city each year to illustrate the diversity of the company’s businesses and the strength of its portfolio.

Great news, but this Seems to suggest this (location rotation) is not unusual.

Just the facts
12-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Great news, but this Seems to suggest this (location rotation) is not unusual.

And that the Cox Center and our lack of a convention hotel doesn't seem to be an obstacle.

Plutonic Panda
12-09-2014, 02:30 PM
And that the Cox Center and our lack of a convention hotel doesn't seem to be an obstacle.

Omg... The Cox Center is a joke. Go ask these guys after they're done what they thought of it in comparison to other CC's. They are likely just having this here because of the research center.

It is unbeleivable that there is support to keep the Cox CC.

-__________________-

soondoc
12-09-2014, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=Plutonic Panda;849103]Omg... The Cox Center is a joke. Go ask these guys after they're done what they thought of it in comparison to other CC's. They are likely just having this here because of the research center.

It is unbeleivable that there is support to keep the Cox CC.

Spot on Panda! This is going to be embarassing when they go back to NYC talking about our Convention Center that is almost 40 years old. This new CC can't get built soon enough!

Rover
12-09-2014, 03:35 PM

We got it DESPITE of the Cox and no convention hotel. Think what we can do when we at least upgrade to decent from embarrassing.

Bellaboo
12-11-2014, 02:38 PM
April 22. That's during the first round of the playoffs. Bet there will be a few suites full of GE exec's.

OKCisOK4me
12-11-2014, 08:12 PM
April 22. That's during the first round of the playoffs. Bet there will be a few suites full of GE exec's.

I like your confidence!

Just the facts
12-12-2014, 05:47 AM
We got it DESPITE of the Cox and no convention hotel. Think what we can do when we at least upgrade to decent from embarrassing.

Let me say first, I support 100% a new convention center. Second, it won't come close to meeting the economic impact numbers it was sold on.

MadMonk
12-12-2014, 10:09 AM
I can only imagine the groans among the shareholders planning to attend when that was announced.

Just the facts
12-12-2014, 11:09 AM
I can only imagine the groans among the shareholders planning to attend when that was announced.

In 2012 It was in Detroit, so......

jn1780
12-12-2014, 12:17 PM

Assuming Westbrook and Durant stay healthy anyway.

adaniel
04-22-2015, 09:37 AM
So this is today. Anyone downtown see signs of this going on?

Pete
04-22-2015, 09:46 AM
Ben Felder of the Gazette has been tweeting about this:

https://twitter.com/benfelder_okg

It's really amazing how many things are going on downtown these days. We have this plus the Arts Festival and last week friends had a hard time booking rooms downtown for a wedding due to an innovation conference, the Fleetwood Mac concert and general traffic.

We've come a long way, baby.

BoulderSooner
04-22-2015, 09:53 AM
So this is today. Anyone downtown see signs of this going on?

Tons of black tahoes limos and shuttles around the Skirvin yesterday. Almost all brought up from texas. All with numbers on the windows. And tons of ge execs in the Skirvin lobby and red piano bar yesterday

HOT ROD
04-23-2015, 04:30 PM
definitely want to read/hear more about this! Big time conference and OKC isn't even tier 2 (yet).

would love to hear how the execs feel about OKC's renaissance and if they'll return and/or expand the business. :)

bradh
04-23-2015, 09:04 PM
Tons of black tahoes limos and shuttles around the Skirvin yesterday. Almost all brought up from texas. All with numbers on the windows. And tons of ge execs in the Skirvin lobby and red piano bar yesterday

Did they have import the black cars because we didn't have the service or supply to meet their needs? That's a little embarrassing.

gopokes88
04-23-2015, 09:33 PM
A great time for them to be in town. (Sad we missed the NBA playoffs though) the arts festival, weather is decent, and the energy research center is coming along nicely. Hopefully they leave excited about okc. They have revenues in the hundreds of billions (146 to be exact, for reference devon's revenue is 10 meaning GE is 14X larger) should they ever decide they want a bigger presence here, that could really get our economy going on a scale few can fathom.

HOT ROD
04-27-2015, 02:56 AM
I was thinking the same thing with regard to the NBA playoffs.

I'm sure when the convention was selecting OKC they likely thought of the carrot being the execs could ALSO see the madness that is Thunder Alley with KD and Russ in the NBA Playoffs (particularly considering their 'hometown' Knicks are in the cellar), the OKC Arts Festival, the OKC Memorial Marathon, H&8, etc, countless things to do in OKC during this time of the year if the weather cooperates!. Oh well, need to come back after the GE center is complete! and hopefully announce more additions for OKC!!