View Full Version : Traffic lights on SW side

mikesimpsons82
12-07-2014, 05:55 AM
Does anyone know what the deal is with the change to the traffic lights at the intersection at Broadway/Eastern and SW 19th and Broadway? It seems like recently someone at the city went and messed with the timing. I know it isn't end of the world stuff, but it still gets rather frustrating.

The light at Broadway and Eastern, if you're going North/South on Eastern or waiting to turn onto Broadway just sits at a constant red while there is zero traffic coming Northwest/Southeast on Broadway. I've been timing it recently and the shortest time I've waited is 40 seconds while sitting there with no traffic in the other directions. I know that if I'm going down Broadway, I have a great chance to make that light even I'm just turning onto Broadway from the SW 19th/Tower intersection.

The light at SW 19th and Broadway goes through every light for every direction even when there are no cars waiting to go for the majority of them. Like the other intersection, cars just pile up to go East/West on 19th waiting for every other light at that intersection to go through the motions without any cars there.

These are especially frustrating early in the morning when there's hardly any traffic on the roads.

Vent over. :)