View Full Version : Prepaid Cell Service, anyone using an AT&T MVNO?

SSEiYah
12-02-2014, 10:02 PM
I had a 2 year contract with Sprint then a 2 Year contract with Verizon. After my contract was up I bought a Nexus 5 outright and had Straight Talk (T-Mobile) for a few months but they seemed to throttle me at random so I switched to AIO wireless, it was great until last month, easily 6MBPS down and I'm able to stream music from here to Tulsa and here to Dallas without drops. They were bought by Cricket and since then the service has gone downhill. As of 2 weeks ago I started to see problems with buffering listening to streaming music. $45/mo w/fees for 3GB of LTE data is great but is useless if their proxy cant support it.

I got fed up with Cricket and switched to ATT GoPhone tonight, $65.52 w/fees per month. It seems like far too much to pay for 2.5GB of Data on a prepaid plan. Its ridiculously fast, I tested my phone tonight and was getting 20.3MBPS down and 8.7MPBS up. At the exact same time our Home 18MB Uverse connection scored 17.4 down and 1.8 up.

I'm curious if anyone else is running a phone on an AT&T MVNO and what kind of speeds you are getting. I suppose I'm looking for a new one to save $15/mo or so as long as the speeds are good enough for Youtube/Slacker Radio.

I travel a bit so T-Mobile is out, once you leave a major city it goes to 2G which wont work for streaming music etc.