View Full Version : Recommendation For a Restaurant Near Downtown For a Large Group

Diesel54
12-02-2014, 10:16 AM
I'm sure this has been discussed many times before but I need to do a dinner for 10-12 coworkers tomorrow night. I'd like something mid-range in price. It's a celebration for completing a project so some privacy would be nice but isn't mandatory. Many are from out of town so I'd like to show them a good place. I wanted to do Cheevers but they don't have any openings for a group that large. Any thoughts?

Paseofreak
12-02-2014, 10:33 AM
Paseo Grill?

Bullbear
12-02-2014, 10:44 AM
Pizzaria Gusto would take a reservation for that size of party and during the week I don't think its as bad as on weekends. they have a little side room that we had dinner in may be more than just your party in it but its a nice enviroment.

sooner88
12-02-2014, 10:44 AM
KDs and Iron Starr have private rooms... Red Prime has the top floor for private events as well. It is a lot of room, but if it's not booked they may let you use it.

tuck
12-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Also Kitchen 324

warreng88
12-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Iron Starr was my immediate thought. They take good care of large groups with ease. Bourbon Street in BT is another one who can take large parties, but then you have complaints about parking. Iguana and Joey's are good too.

Chadanth
12-02-2014, 12:15 PM
I've done Packard's with a group of that size, and that was on a weekend. It would be easier on a weekday. KD's won't take a reservation of that size over the phone, you have to deal with one of their even planners, which is a pain in the a$$.

Teo9969
12-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Abuelo's has some private dining.

Maybe Flint has something.

Stella, 1492, and Cafe Do Brasil are worth a look.

Diesel54
12-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the input everyone. Pizzeria Gusto was tempting but I went with Iron Starr.

Jeepnokc
12-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the input everyone. Pizzeria Gusto was tempting but I went with Iron Starr.

Did Pizzeria Gusto have private room? We have been looking for space for about 25-30 people. I am looking at Iron Starr also but haven't decided. Ingrids no longer rents out their bar area.

Jeepnokc
12-02-2014, 02:16 PM
Has anyone done the open bar set up? Curious if they set up a bar in the room or if you are waiting on the server to go get drinks from the bar for you. (The open bar set up is $20.00 per person for 2 hours of open bar)

Urbanized
12-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Did Pizzeria Gusto have private room? We have been looking for space for about 25-30 people. I am looking at Iron Starr also but haven't decided. Ingrids no longer rents out their bar area.

They do have one, up front, on the left just as you walk in the front entry. If looking at a photo of the front of the building it is the windows to the left of the doors.

kevinpate
12-02-2014, 03:49 PM
I haven't been in a while, but if memory serves, Crabtown in Bricktown has a few private rooms of various sizes.

Bella vista will enough notice might set aside one of their dining areas.

Jeepnokc
12-02-2014, 09:00 PM
We did crab town last year and may end up there again. I thought of Bella vista as I am good friends with milt but they don't serve alcohol.

warreng88
12-03-2014, 07:06 AM
We did crab town last year and may end up there again. I thought of Bella vista as I am good friends with milt but they don't serve alcohol.

BV does sell Bud and Bud Light, but that is it. It probably has to do with their ABLE licensing.

kevinpate
12-03-2014, 02:28 PM
BV does sell Bud and Bud Light, but that is it. It probably has to do with their ABLE licensing.

:) Which goes along with what jeep said about not serving alcohol :)

I had actually forgotten that limitation. I don't typically order a drink when i am dining with my lovely, and I don't recall the last time I was at Bella Vista sans her wonderful company.

warreng88
12-03-2014, 02:56 PM
:) Which goes along with what jeep said about not serving alcohol :)

I had actually forgotten that limitation. I don't typically order a drink when i am dining with my lovely, and I don't recall the last time I was at Bella Vista sans her wonderful company.

I consider beer alcohol, so that is why I chimed in. I am in the same company as you when it comes to going there with the wifey.

I would think it would behove them to at least carry wine there, regardless of the cost. There are so many great places Italian places that have basic white and red wines to pair with the food. I understand not having a full bar because that is a lot to stock and your costs and liabilities increase significantly when you serve liquor.