View Full Version : OKC Pop-Up Shops

mmonroe
11-29-2014, 05:29 AM
OKC Pop-Up shops (http://www.okcfox.com/story/27503769/okc-pop-up-shops)

OKLAHOMA CITY - Starting on Black Friday 36 independent rotating retailers will fill the northeast corner of 10th & Hudson offering all sorts of good buys.

The Social Club, The Make-up Bar, and Purse and Clutch are just a few of the shops that will be on hand.

And this year's location is right next to Blue Garten, the downtown food truck park.

These are all local shops right next to each other you can sample what they might have in their brick and mortar establishments and a lot of them have cards to send you too their store the rest of the holiday season when they aren't down here," said Allison Bailey Event Producer.

Pour back into the community and pick out something you won't find at your local mall.

We checked in the folks at Porch School and Art Supply to see how how they were making out.

It's touching a totally different demographic because we are school supplies and fine arts so a lot of artists and this kind of hits people that we don't normally have in the store," said Whitney Porch-VanHeuvelen.

When you get downtown just look for the snow globe like structures.

It's a holiday shopping wonderland that is also family friendly.

"We had snow last year on them and they worked great and so we love them they are funky little shops for the winter," said Bailey.

For more information click here (http://www.okcpopups.com/).

Urbanized
11-29-2014, 06:44 AM
Stopped by yesterday morning. Great selection of shops for the first round. Really love the new entry from The Porch, which is essentially a school/artist supply. Beautiful paint kits that made me want to pick up painting again. Also especially love Urbane, who relocated their main store to Automobile Alley based on the success of last year's Pop-Ups. I think I'll go back today to pick up one of the engraved flasks I saw.

mmonroe
11-29-2014, 07:47 AM
This honestly sounds like one of the best places to get a gift for one of those "hard to shop for" people.