View Full Version : Ferguson grand jury decision not expected before Monday

Prunepicker
11-22-2014, 10:22 PM
Will the Grand Jury tell the truth?

From CBS News
(http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ferguson-missouri-grand-jury-decision-not-expected-before-monday/?tag=nl.e879&s_cid=e879&ttag=e879&ftag=TREcd0eead) Last Updated Nov 22, 2014 7:38 PM EST

Multiple sources tell CBS News that the announcement of a grand jury decision
in the Michael Brown (http://www.cbsnews.com/ferguson-missouri-police-shooting-protests/) shooting case is not expected before Monday.

A 12-member jury is weighing whether to indict Ferguson police officer Darren
Wilson, who is white, with fatally shooting Brown, a black teenager who was unarmed,
on Aug. 9.

Chadanth
11-23-2014, 06:02 AM
Well, only the grand jury knows the truth at this point, so, probably.

Plutonic Panda
11-23-2014, 06:28 AM
Well, only the grand jury knows the truth at this point, so, probably.do you have faith in our justice system?

Chadanth
11-23-2014, 06:34 AM
do you have faith in our justice system?

Yes. It gets it right more often than pretty much any other justice system. You?

Plutonic Panda
11-23-2014, 06:36 AM
Yes. It gets it right more often than pretty much any other justice system. You?well, I'm only 20 and I have a lot to learn and wise up to. To answer honestly, I will say yes, but there are certainly times when I do lose hope.

BTW, I believe you about it being right than a lot of other systems. Sad to just see corruption in other countries that tear apart their justice systems.

kevinpate
11-23-2014, 07:04 AM
Our system of justice is about the worst system there is, except for all the others that have been utilized over the centuries.

(with apologies to Churchill)

Chadanth
11-23-2014, 07:08 AM
well, I'm only 20 and I have a lot to learn and wise up to. To answer honestly, I will say yes, but there are certainly times when I do lose hope.

BTW, I believe you about it being right than a lot of other systems. Sad to just see corruption in other countries that tear apart their justice systems.

Do you take issue with how the Brown shooting investigation was handled? It seems likely that the officer will not be indicted; how does that strike you?

Jim Kyle
11-23-2014, 09:58 AM
(with apologies to Churchill)Who, I believe, was quoting Ben Franklin...

Bunty
11-23-2014, 02:49 PM
do you have faith in our justice system?

No, too often justice is for trade as a means for the accused to cooperate in some way to get a lighter sentence. Rather than death, it's life in prison, while another person involved in the murder, who didn't pull the trigger, gets death through lethal injection. Case in point: Condemned killer says he?s ?ready? for execution - Stillwater News Press: News (http://www.stwnewspress.com/news/condemned-killer-says-he-s-ready-for-execution/article_6d479930-71fc-11e4-9d30-8367925f3846.html)

BBatesokc
11-23-2014, 06:40 PM
Well, only the grand jury knows the truth at this point, so, probably.

Anyone who knows how a Grand Jury operates knows that 'truth' is often the last thing to be uncovered within the Grand Jury system.

How can 'truth' be known when no defense is allowed?

Chadanth
11-23-2014, 06:51 PM
Anyone who knows how a Grand Jury operates knows that 'truth' is often the last thing to be uncovered within the Grand Jury system.

How can 'truth' be known when no defense is allowed?

Actually, in this case, it's as though no prosecution is allowed.

That said, the grand jury is, as of now,the only arena where sworn testimony has been offered. I'd prefer to see law enforcement shootings examined in a slightly more adversarial environment, but I'm not sure what that would look like.

Tritone
11-23-2014, 08:28 PM
I still have faith in the system but sometimes it's a little harder than it used to be.