View Full Version : Mid-Morning Mayes

gurantula35
11-18-2014, 01:49 PM
Not sure if this is the right page to start this thread on, but does anyone listen to the Mid-Morning Mayes on the Franchise? I need to know that I am not the only one who listens to this show. They are pure comedy. I need to vent with other people who listen to the show.

Richard at Remax
11-18-2014, 02:22 PM
They have pulled up next to Trabers show on the animal (I don't want to hear it) for my favorite sports radio shows

Stew
11-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Triple M is freaking awesome. That Sam is a character.

Bill Robertson
11-19-2014, 06:09 AM
I listen to Triple M every day. Some days I get very little work done from laughing so hard.

5alive
11-19-2014, 09:05 AM
Appointment listening

traxx
11-19-2014, 11:24 AM
I listen to T Rowe (and TJ) on the way to work and Dusty and Teddy on the way home. Those sports radio hosts talk about sports 95% of the time. And Dusty and Teddy have great insight and breakdown when talking football. They have some good Xs and Os discussions. If you like that kinda thing.

OKCisOK4me
11-19-2014, 11:59 AM
I like it when they read the funny Facebook answers to their questions at the end of the shows.

gopokes88
11-19-2014, 03:05 PM
I love that show. Easiest way to get through the morning.

gurantula35
11-19-2014, 05:22 PM
Just saw where they got switched to the prime time slot from 3-6pm. Anyone know when this begins?

Tydude
11-19-2014, 05:32 PM
i think tomorrow they switch and Todd and Zach does the 9-12 slot

OKCisOK4me
11-19-2014, 08:36 PM
Well, it isn't going to be the Triple M Ranch anymore!

Geographer
11-20-2014, 08:14 AM
That's disappointing...because I don't want to listen to Zach McCrite and Lisenbee in the morning at work, ugh.

Richard at Remax
11-20-2014, 08:38 AM
That's disappointing...because I don't want to listen to Zach McCrite and Lisenbee in the morning at work, ugh.

Tell me about it. I switch over to BBJ and lasted about 5 minutes. Looks like ESPN radio for me now in the mornings.

Geographer
11-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Tell me about it. I switch over to BBJ and lasted about 5 minutes. Looks like ESPN radio for me now in the mornings.

Same here...unfortunate because the morning is the best time to listen to any radio at work for me. I do enjoy listening to Traber in the afternoon (don't hate me) and now i'll have to choose between MMM and Traber, no good for me!

Richard at Remax
11-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Same here...unfortunate because the morning is the best time to listen to any radio at work for me. I do enjoy listening to Traber in the afternoon (don't hate me) and now i'll have to choose between MMM and Traber, no good for me!

Im with you. I am a traber fan too. Def going to be switching back and forth a lot now. I guess its a good problem to have but still slightly annoying.

OKCretro
11-20-2014, 09:06 AM
I listen to MMM over BBJ, but actually turn it to Jim Rome when MMM starts giggling the whole time. It gets pretty annoying

Bill Robertson
11-20-2014, 09:19 AM
Was just listening to Todd & Zack. The Franchise did the change as a reward of sorts to the MMM. But I, like many, don't like it as I listen at work and am free in the mornings but not afternoons as much.

gopokes88
11-20-2014, 09:21 AM
Im with you. I am a traber fan too. Def going to be switching back and forth a lot now. I guess its a good problem to have but still slightly annoying.

Ah you'll be good. I'm pretty sure there's on 14 minutes an hour of actual sports talk with traber between ads being live from lucky star in concho

Richard at Remax
11-20-2014, 09:53 AM
Ah you'll be good. I'm pretty sure there's on 14 minutes an hour of actual sports talk with traber between ads being live from lucky star in concho

See, Ill listen to the Franchise when the SA goes on a long radio break. Everyone wins

the lost ogle has some thoughts too Tony Casillas is finally out at 107.7 The Franchise? | The Lost Ogle (http://www.thelostogle.com/2014/11/20/tony-casillas-is-finally-out-at-107-7-the-franchise/)

5alive
11-20-2014, 10:45 AM
I am surprised that I like Todd and Zach together. It has an "everyman" approach...just two regular guys talking about sports and other stuff

Jchaser405
11-20-2014, 11:29 AM
See, Ill listen to the Franchise when the SA goes on a long radio break. Everyone wins

the lost ogle has some thoughts too Tony Casillas is finally out at 107.7 The Franchise? | The Lost Ogle (http://www.thelostogle.com/2014/11/20/tony-casillas-is-finally-out-at-107-7-the-franchise/)

Those Looooonnnnnnngggggg SA breaks kill me! That is the sole reason I listen to the Franchise more often.

td25er
11-20-2014, 01:00 PM
I hope MMM can battle the Romo/Danica/Tiger sideshow on the other station. They are really entertaining and it's a nice bonus that Casillas is gone.

ljbab728
11-20-2014, 08:07 PM
This is amazing. I can't imagine having time to listen to the radio during the day while I'm at work. :)

Tydude
11-20-2014, 09:46 PM
the reason why they made the switch is that they are getting killed in the ratings battle against the sports animal

Tydude
11-20-2014, 09:52 PM
Media notes: 107.7 The Franchise shakes up on-air lineup | News OK (http://newsok.com/media-notes-107.7-the-franchise-shakes-up-on-air-lineup/article/5368708)

107.7 The Franchise, which has been losing the sports ratings battle to the WWLS-FM 98.1, the Sports Animal, has announced a shake-up in its on-air lineup.

Sam Mayes, Colby Daniels and Cara Rice have moved from late morning to afternoon drive time. “Sam, Colby, and Cara: Live from the Triple M Ranch,” will air from 3-6 p.m.

Zach McCrite and Todd Lisenbee have taken over the 9 a.m.-noon show, and Dave Garrett’s “DG on the Radio” show is airing an hour earlier, from 6-9 p.m.

Tony Casillas, a former OU and Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman, has left The Franchise to spend more time with his family in Dallas, where he might pursue other opportunities, according to a news release. Casillas had been co-hosting afternoon drive with McCrite, a former St. Louis radio personality.

“We are extremely excited to increase the exposure of one of our most popular shows,” Buddy Wiley, Tyler Media co-operations manager said in a news release. “Sam, Colby and Cara will bring a fresh, new, and contemporary sound and style to afternoon radio in Oklahoma.”

Edgar
11-22-2014, 03:03 PM

Please explain Traber love- to me he's a mean spirited humorless bore.

kwhey
11-23-2014, 12:10 AM
Please explain Traber love- to me he's a mean spirited humorless bore.

I wish I could. I guess people in Oklahoma like aśśhattery.

ljbab728
11-23-2014, 12:16 AM
I wish I could. I guess people in Oklahoma like aśśhattery.

What you are probably not understanding is that it's likely that most of his audience isn't listening to him because they love him. It's entertainment, pure and simple.

Bill Robertson
11-23-2014, 08:11 AM
What you are probably not understanding is that it's likely that most of his audience isn't listening to him because they love him. It's entertainment, pure and simple.Agreed. When he was on WKY talk radio he wasn't nearly as bad. When he went to the Animal he changed his M.O.. I actually got caught up in listening to him for a while just to see how frustrated, mad and disgusted I could get. Then I came back to my senses.

Laramie
11-26-2014, 09:34 AM
You know a day doesn't go by that a talk radio show host will push the wrong buttons with his audience. Everyone is not going to agree with everything that is said. So, it's great that we have two really competitive sports radio programs in OKC.

Tydude
11-26-2014, 10:27 AM
i think jim will still beat Sam in ratings.His show is state wide from OKC to Missouri Sam Show is just the OKC Market area

5alive
11-26-2014, 05:29 PM
It is just the OKC Market that is measured for the ratings...the rest of the state doesn't matter, but having said that, I believe Jim will continue to win but Sam and his crew will cut into his totals.

Tydude
03-11-2015, 09:07 PM
for some reason tonight at 6:00 PM the Franchise went wall to wall of Classic Rock Music. Now they are airing thunder post game show i have no idea if they are getting close of going back to classic rock music?