View Full Version : Chieftain tank at Wilshire gun range..........

Achilleslastand
11-13-2014, 02:26 PM
Had to do a little research to find out what kind of tank this was as I knew it wasn't American.

The thing was huge and even by modern battle tank standards I bet is slow and has horrid fuel consumption.

GaryOKC6
11-13-2014, 02:36 PM
----YOU ARE INVITED----
and bring Family and Friends!

WILSHIRE GUN'S GRAND OPENING EXTRAVAGANZA!

Friday, Saturday & Sunday, Nov 14-15-16
Open at 9 on Fri & Sat; 11 on Sun

Gov. Mary Fallin cutting the Opening Ribbon, 2 PM Fri, Nov 14, then driving the 60 ton Chieftain tank to crush a car

Chieftain, M56 Scorpion and other tracked Military vehicles on display all weekend

Giveaways all weekend include Guns, Safes, Memberships, Machine Gun shoots and much more*

Experience world-class shooting in 34 first-class ranges (rifle, pistol and archery) including the Wilshire Gun 101s - the nation's longest 100-yard lanes. A broad selection of firearms available for sale and rent with a huge selection of rental machine guns. We offer cutting-edge, versatile and comfortable event spaces and delectable culinary delights from the award winning Range Café. Open to the public! We look forward to welcoming you to Wilshire Gun!

Special thanks to the following sponsors for providing the Prize Giveaways!

*Must be present to win some prizes

615 W. Wilshire Blvd - ˝ mile west of the Broadway Extension on Wilshire Blvd
Wilshire Gun | Oklahoma's Premier Gun Range, Retail and Cafe (http://www.WilshireGun.com)

The Governor is going to drive the tank over a car tomorrow at 2:00 for their grand opening.

----YOU ARE INVITED----
and bring Family and Friends!

WILSHIRE GUN'S GRAND OPENING EXTRAVAGANZA!

Friday, Saturday & Sunday, Nov 14-15-16
Open at 9 on Fri & Sat; 11 on Sun

Gov. Mary Fallin cutting the Opening Ribbon, 2 PM Fri, Nov 14, then driving the 60 ton Chieftain tank to crush a car

Chieftain, M56 Scorpion and other tracked Military vehicles on display all weekend

Giveaways all weekend include Guns, Safes, Memberships, Machine Gun shoots and much more*

Experience world-class shooting in 34 first-class ranges (rifle, pistol and archery) including the Wilshire Gun 101s - the nation's longest 100-yard lanes. A broad selection of firearms available for sale and rent with a huge selection of rental machine guns. We offer cutting-edge, versatile and comfortable event spaces and delectable culinary delights from the award winning Range Café. Open to the public! We look forward to welcoming you to Wilshire Gun!

Special thanks to the following sponsors for providing the Prize Giveaways!

*Must be present to win some prizes

615 W. Wilshire Blvd - ˝ mile west of the Broadway Extension on Wilshire Blvd
Wilshire Gun | Oklahoma's Premier Gun Range, Retail and Cafe (http://www.WilshireGun.com)

Zuplar
11-13-2014, 03:30 PM
This is pretty funny. A friend of mine is the one that was the FFL that received this and it has been sitting in his back yard since like June. He just posted today on his FB that it was going to Wilshire.

sooner88
11-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Anyone else find this pretty funny/ridiculous that Fallin will be cutting the ribbon and then CRUSHING A CAR WITH A TANK?

RadicalModerate
11-13-2014, 04:08 PM
Anyone else find this pretty funny/ridiculous that Fallin will be cutting the ribbon and then CRUSHING A CAR WITH A TANK?

Do you think that Jeff Foxworthy might make a cameo appearance?
This all sounds like it's right up his alley . . . or gravel road, as the case may be. =)

Mel
11-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Will she actually drive it or will it be her chauffeur?

trousers
11-13-2014, 04:23 PM
I wonder if this will be as funny as Dukakis in the tank.

Mel
11-13-2014, 04:32 PM
That would be a hard one to beat.

Achilleslastand
11-14-2014, 09:54 PM
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=277177125739696&set=vb.221829854607757&type=2&theater

I wonder if Sgt Oddball even knew it wasn't a US tank...........

Mel
11-14-2014, 11:06 PM
She would shoot only red paint.

Chadanth
11-15-2014, 07:52 AM
Maybe it's insignificant, but why a British tank to celebrate an almost uniquely American business?

RadicalModerate
11-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Maybe it's insignificant, but why a British tank to celebrate an almost uniquely American business?

Lend-Lease payback?

I watched the video. I don't think she was really driving the tank.
It was more like she was riding on a parade float.

Jeepnokc
11-15-2014, 08:40 AM

We invited her to our ribbon cutting and she couldn't even take the time to send a rep or send a congratulatory note much less appear. Should of had guns and a tank. (The other guy came by)

Chadanth
11-15-2014, 09:49 AM
Lend-Lease payback?

I watched the video. I don't think she was really driving the tank.
It was more like she was riding on a parade float.

She wasn't, she was in the turret. The driver sits down front.

MadMonk
11-15-2014, 11:22 AM
They ought to put that tank out in a field and charge people for rides. That would be a lot of fun.