View Full Version : 3 trick-or-treaters killed by speeding car

kelroy55
11-01-2014, 09:18 AM
How horrible. My thoughts and prayers to the families.

(CNN) -- A speeding vehicle struck and killed three girls, including twins, who were trick-or-treating in California, authorities said.

The girls, all 13, were in costume and carrying bags of candy in a residential area in Santa Ana.

They had the right of way at a crosswalk near an elementary school when a car hit them Friday night and sped off, according to the Santa Ana Police Department.

All the girls were declared dead at the scene, CNN affiliate KABC reported. Authorities have not identified them pending notification of next of kin.

Witnesses said the driver was speeding, and police are searching for two male suspects who fled on foot, the affiliate said. The vehicle, a Honda CRV, was found nearby.

"We do have a witness that followed the vehicle for a short period of time and eventually led us to where the vehicle is parked now," Santa Ana Police Chief Carlos Rojas told KABC.

Mel
11-01-2014, 03:00 PM
That is horrible and so sad. You just don't zip around on Halloween night. I sincerely hope they catch this d!rtbag.

SoonerDave
11-01-2014, 03:01 PM
That is horrible and so sad. You just don't zip around on Halloween night. I sincerely hope they catch this d!rtbag.

I cannot even begin to fathom the loss. Words fail.

Plutonic Panda
11-01-2014, 03:11 PM
I wonder if they stole the car?

poe
11-01-2014, 07:37 PM
My house is on the corner of two fairly busy streets within a subdivision, and I saw idiots flying down the road last night, passing cars that were going slower so their occupants could trick-or-treat. It's no wonder parents don't want to let their kids out on Halloween night. My neighborhood usually gets hit pretty hard with trick-or-treaters; last night, we only had three. :(