View Full Version : Randall Reed Ford No More

Brett
10-12-2014, 05:29 AM
Just noticed that Randall Reed's short lived expansion into the Oklahoma City market has ended. The dealership located at I-44 and N. May Ave. has changed ownership. The new owners have named the dealership Metro Ford of OKC. The exterior of the dealership, which was damaged by a storm, has been fully renovated and looks to be finally complete.

jompster
10-12-2014, 10:00 AM
I wonder why they sold. I'd be interested to know what their sales numbers are typically. It seems like they're separated from a lot of the other big dealerships since Lynn Hickey's dealership got demolished and Smicklas moved to NW Expressway. I noticed awhile back they emptied the commercial sales lot, so this isn't really too surprising. They did nice on the renovation, though. The building looks much better than it did.

GaryOKC6
10-12-2014, 01:13 PM
I wonder why they sold. I'd be interested to know what their sales numbers are typically. It seems like they're separated from a lot of the other big dealerships since Lynn Hickey's dealership got demolished and Smicklas moved to NW Expressway. I noticed awhile back they emptied the commercial sales lot, so this isn't really too surprising. They did nice on the renovation, though. The building looks much better than it did.

The probably did not make it because of their prices and selling tactics. I looked there when I bought my daughter a car. they played a lot more games than the others seemed to (if that is possible). I went to another ford dealer and bought the same vehicle for 2000.00 less. Ted Moore now owns this. ?He is also a partner in MooreNouri who owns Edmond Hyundai and Edmond Fiat.

OkiePoke
12-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Surprised they even sold anything.

I went in there around 530, after looking around the lot for 15 minutes. I talked to their front desk lady, asked for some assistance. All the salesmen were huddled in a circle talking and drinking coffee. I waited another 3-5 minutes after she said they had a customer. I started walking out then I got some attention, that didn't prevent me from getting in my car.

A week later, bought a $50k truck at Reynolds...