View Full Version : COX Cable

Jersey Boss
10-07-2014, 04:15 PM
So the cable went out 3 weeks ago affecting several residences as well as myself. Three hours later it was up and running. It appeared they "fixed' it by laying a cable through several yards, crossing a residential street, and running it into another yard. The cable is still laying across the street and calls to Cox have been unproductive. Is there any governmental oversight of this monopoly and who would one contact to address this issue?

venture
10-07-2014, 06:43 PM
Did you try the city's action line yet?

jdross1982
10-09-2014, 03:23 PM
Did you try the city's action line yet?

What is the address?

jdross1982
10-09-2014, 03:23 PM
What is the address or area?

CoxTech1
10-09-2014, 06:06 PM
That does not sound right at all, and we can certainly take a closer look at what is going on with the temporary line there and investigate it further. If you email us at cox.help@cox.com with the street address we can go from there in getting to the bottom of it for you -Ed

Jersey Boss
10-10-2014, 03:30 PM
*****UPDATE*****- When I came home from work on the 8th work had begun on burying the line underneath the street. The job was completed on the 9th. I would like to thank the posters who contributed. What made this event so puzzling was that in the past COX has always "got after it" in a very timely matter. This event was the exception to the rule.

warreng88
12-31-2014, 08:28 AM
Not really a followup question, but didn't want to start a new thread so I thought I would piggyback on this one.

Last night, the winds were pretty high and now our cable is very grainy. Has this happened to anyone else recently? If so, what did you do to fix it?

Zuplar
12-31-2014, 08:34 AM
Not really a followup question, but didn't want to start a new thread so I thought I would piggyback on this one.

Last night, the winds were pretty high and now our cable is very grainy. Has this happened to anyone else recently? If so, what did you do to fix it?

That happened at my parents before, they ended up having to have a new cable relaid. Seems to be a common response by Cox. Over the years Cox has redone the cable outside my parents house 4 times that I can remember and twice inside the house. I find it kind of ridiculous, but I've never had Cox, mostly cause they aren't in my area.

sooner88
12-31-2014, 09:05 AM
My cable and internet went out around 9:00 pm last night and wasn't back this morning around 7:00 am.

Edit: This was in OKC, not Norman.

warreng88
12-31-2014, 09:13 AM
My cable and internet went out around 9:00 pm last night and wasn't back this morning around 7:00 am.

Edit: This was in OKC, not Norman.

Yeah, ours went out about the same time but hasn't been fixed. I might just call and see if they are having other issues.

BoomerThunder1
12-31-2014, 09:18 AM
Lol! You mean COCKS Cable. Glad I left them idiots 4 years ago

stick47
01-13-2015, 02:38 PM
Cox Communications has admitted there's been a problem for the last 2 months that some customers are not easily accessing their email. Mine has been timing out at an increasing rate over the past several weeks and it's to the point now that I'm hoping to find another provider that offers the bandwidth I need here. (100 gb / mo) even at 5 mbps speed which is adequate for us. I called Cox and they said they're still working on it and that no, there would be no partial refund off my bill. ($46.99/mo for 5 mbps)
I think if Cox doesn't become more proactive on their maintenence they're going to go the way of a lot of other failed companies.