View Full Version : Shameless Plug: My students review Weird Al's Mandatory Fun

bandnerd
10-05-2014, 09:15 AM
I know some of you actually do read the reviews my students put on their online news site, and finally, we have an album review!

This student is a sophomore, by the way. I look forward to seeing what else she comes up with :)

The Marionette : Mandatory Fun ? Weird Al Review (http://www.hcpmarionette.com/opinion/2014/10/02/mandatory-fun-weird-al-review/)

RadicalModerate
10-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Good review. Just one thing: The use of the word "homophones" is treading on thin ice . . . =)
It's akin to the use of the words niggardly or niggly amongst the overly sensitive, ignorant and stupid part of the population.

bandnerd
10-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Good review. Just one thing: The use of the word "homophones" is treading on thin ice . . . =)
It's akin to the use of the words niggardly or niggly amongst the overly sensitive, ignorant and stupid part of the population.

lol I'll keep that in mind.

RadicalModerate
10-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Please accept my apology for neglecting to include the phrase, "Regardless of Race, Creed or Color", at the end of my observation, above. It has been my observation that most niggardly/niggly folks are of the Caucasian Persuasion. =)

I am glad that you apparently weren't offended by my Sin of Omission and were able to properly translate the thought behind these little squiggles on a video screen.

"Words have meaning."
c/o Rush Limbaugh (back when he was funny instead of an audio demagogue)

bandnerd
10-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Please accept my apology for neglecting to include the phrase, "Regardless of Race, Creed or Color", at the end of my observation, above. It has been my observation that most niggardly/niggly folks are of the Caucasian Persuasion. =)

I am glad that you apparently weren't offended by my Sin of Omission and were able to properly translate the thought behind these little squiggles on a video screen.

"Words have meaning."
c/o Rush Limbaugh (back when he was funny instead of an audio demagogue)

It's pretty hard to offend me ;)

kevinpate
10-05-2014, 12:07 PM
For your student: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

Mel
10-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Congratulations to you and your students!

bandnerd
10-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Congratulations to you and your students!

For your student: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

Thanks! They're really a fantastic group this year. All ladies, by accident. The young lady who wrote this piece is whip smart, a total feminist, and super into 90s bands and all kinds of underground music. Her parents are a trip. I can't wait to read her next review. This required nearly zero editing, no joke, no exaggeration.

Sorry, I have a tendency to brag on my students :D

kevinpate
10-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Sorry, I have a tendency to brag on my students :D

As you should. Your students tend to provide you many brag worthy opportunities.