View Full Version : Suggestions for NW 50th / N. MacArthur area

kevinpate
10-04-2014, 08:42 PM
I find myself expecting to be in the NW 50th / MacArthur area 1-2 times a month into. perhaps through, the winter months.
Not an area where I typically spend time. Need ideas for interesting places to eat in this area. I am aware of Cajun King
off 63rd. Prefer small mom/pop venues like this to any of the chains on NW expressway or going over to the east side of
Hefner.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

warreng88
10-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Oklahoma Station BBQ is my favorite BBQ in the metro.

foodiefan
10-04-2014, 10:18 PM
Abel's (Mexican) and Tim's Drive Inn (great burgers)

ljbab728
10-04-2014, 10:23 PM
Tim's Drive-Inn and Bunny's Onion Burgers. Also check out Los Pericos and Capers Mediterranean Buffet at 63rd and Meridian.

Flatlander
10-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Neighbors café n.w. 38th MacArthur

bandnerd
10-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Another vote for Abel's. Super tasty.

Jim Kyle
10-05-2014, 09:30 AM
There's a Del Rancho in an old Sonic location just N of 50th on MacArthur that's very good.

Pete
10-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Yep, Abel's, Tim's, Del Rancho and Casa Perico at 63rd & Meridian.

ctchandler
10-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Tim's Drive-in has a daily special, Wednesday is Indian taco day and they are very good. I like their burgers and fries too, and they are one of the few places around that still make malts. Then, Papa Angelo's has really good pizza, and they sell it by the slice during the lunch hour(s). Just to the East of Papa Angelo's on the opposite corner is a nice little mom and pop Mexican restaurant called Birrieria Diaz. On the Northwest corner of 49th and MacArthur is Tai Pei, a nice little Chinese restaurant. I ate there every week or two when I was working and it was really good. However, I retired ten years ago. I started eating there when they first opened and were struggling, so, since they have lasted about twelve-fourteen years, they must be decent.
C. T.

kevinpate
10-06-2014, 06:55 AM
Thanks all. That's a really great list of places to check out this fall/winter. Very much appreciated.

Abel's
Birrieria Diaz
Bunny's Onion Burgers
Cajun King
Caper's Mediterranean Buffet
Del Rancho
Los Perico
Neighbor's Cafe
Oklahoma Station BBQ
Papa Angelo's
Tai Pei
Tim's Drive-in

warreng88
10-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Thanks all. That's a really great list of places to check out this fall/winter. Very much appreciated.

Abel's
Birrieria Diaz
Bunny's Onion Burgers
Cajun King
Caper's Mediterranean Buffet
Del Rancho
Los Perico
Neighbor's Cafe
Oklahoma Station BBQ
Papa Angelo's
Tai Pei
Tim's Drive-in

I should have stated Oklahoma Station BBQ is at 50th, just east of Meridian. Everyone else included intersections and I didn't. I felt left out...

ctchandler
10-06-2014, 09:49 AM
Kevin,
Don't know how I forgot Moe's Place, just South of 50th on the East side of MacArthur. It's a diner, plain and simple. pretty good food with good sides, breakfast served anytime and daily specials. I used to go there fairly often.
C. T.

soonermike81
10-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Abel's is probably my new favorite Mexican/Tex-Mex joint in OKC. And to piggyback on CtChandler's comment on TIm's, they do Indian tacos everyday but they're only $5 on Wednesdays. I also love Caper's. Pretty good Mediterranean food for a buffet. And, Cajun King was overrated, imo. Enjoy!