View Full Version : Tragedy at Moore Food Plant

Pages : [1] 2

GoOKC1991
09-26-2014, 11:52 AM
I am sure everyone has seen it. A man had just been fired for trying to convert co workers to Islam, and so he came right back in and beheaded a woman. Horrific story.

What's really hard, for my family and I, is the woman was a very close family friend, she such a kind, sweet and giving woman. She will be deeply missed.

Plutonic Panda
09-26-2014, 12:26 PM
Woman beheaded at OK food plant; Assailant stopped by armed CEO (VIDEO) (http://www.guns.com/2014/09/26/woman-beheaded-at-ok-food-plant-assailant-stopped-by-armed-ceo-video/)

Plutonic Panda
09-26-2014, 12:26 PM
Wow.

catch22
09-26-2014, 12:37 PM
Man. :( This is an awful story.

adaniel
09-26-2014, 12:49 PM
Unfortunately given the facts behind this attack backdropped with current events I expect the national media to lose its mind. So just brace yourselves.

s00nr1
09-26-2014, 12:52 PM
A mile from my house -- good stuff.

Plutonic Panda
09-26-2014, 01:01 PM
What did he use to behead her with? I'm sure unless you know your stuff and have a really sharp blade, it would take a minute to behead her.

Plutonic Panda
09-26-2014, 01:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCeQzN_G0ds

Plutonic Panda
09-26-2014, 01:10 PM
Police: Former Employee Beheaded Woman At Moore Workplace - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | (http://www.news9.com/story/26635789/police-former-employee-beheaded-woman-at-moore-workplace)

Achilleslastand
09-26-2014, 01:25 PM
When this turd wakes up he needs to be put in the express lane for the death penalty.

Plutonic Panda
09-26-2014, 01:26 PM
What they should do is put the guy back on the streets, announce it before hand, and see how long he lasts.

Mel
09-26-2014, 01:55 PM
Yes. He needs a old fashioned "Come To Jesus" meeting with the citizens of Moore.

catch22
09-26-2014, 02:57 PM
No, no matter how gruesome the crime, the state is not in the business of revenge.

This definitely qualifies for the death penalty, and the state should execute that sentence in a humane way.

The death penalty is death -- not death by cruel device. Give him the needle and terminate his life, but by calling for his own beheading or releasing him into the streets for mob punishment we become hypocrites from the craving of revenge.

It's important to remember what the death penalty is (execution of a sentence) and not revenge by cruel device and punishment.

David
09-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Gotta admit, this is a pretty good argument for this particular CEO in this particular situation being armed like he was.

BrettM2
09-26-2014, 03:34 PM
No, no matter how gruesome the crime, the state is not in the business of revenge.

This definitely qualifies for the death penalty, and the state should execute that sentence in a humane way.

The death penalty is death -- not death by cruel device. Give him the needle and terminate his life, but by calling for his own beheading or releasing him into the streets for mob punishment we become hypocrites from the craving of revenge.

It's important to remember what the death penalty is (execution of a sentence) and not revenge by cruel device and punishment.

Very well said.

mugofbeer
09-26-2014, 03:47 PM
Curious what the local Muslim community is saying?

catch22
09-26-2014, 04:04 PM

I imagine they are not supportive of the radical fringe nature of this person, just as a lot of Christians are not supportive of the radical nature of Westboro and other fringe groups.

Paseofreak
09-26-2014, 04:11 PM

Islamic Council of Oklahoma - (http://islamiccouncilofoklahoma.org/media-releases/)

Mel
09-26-2014, 06:16 PM
Dip him in pork grease and then execute him by putting him down. Perhaps a Canadian Bacon pizza before the fun starts. Too bad he will get to outlive his victim by so many years.

betts
09-26-2014, 08:36 PM
Tell him a woman will be administering the lethal injection. No Paradise for him. I'm not above a little mental cruelty in this situation.

PennyQuilts
09-26-2014, 08:36 PM
I am sure everyone has seen it. A man had just been fired for trying to convert co workers to Islam, and so he came right back in and beheaded a woman. Horrific story.

What's really hard, for my family and I, is the woman was a very close family friend, she such a kind, sweet and giving woman. She will be deeply missed.

I am so sorry - just an awful thing.

Plutonic Panda
09-26-2014, 08:42 PM

It's important to remember what the death penalty is (execution of a sentence) and not revenge by cruel device and punishment.Hmmm. Maybe I have a little "growing up to do", I don't know, but at this point I believe that people who do things like this should made an example of what will happen to others should they follow in the same footsteps. There are crimes that people commit and then there are heinous acts of evil that should be dealt with in a manner that would have the person who committed these acts begging to die.

These people are sick and I think we are way too lenient on crime these days. Steal in parts of Iran and they will likely cut one of your hands off; so don't ask why rates of theft are so low there.

PennyQuilts
09-26-2014, 08:43 PM
But for the loss of humanity to anyone who tortured him, I'd say he had it coming. I am not feeling all kum bay ya about this guy and am not about to pretend to be more high minded about it than I am. Tip of the hat to those more noble. I can't imagine what this woman experienced or what her family is going through. The guy is a monster.

Plutonic Panda
09-26-2014, 08:46 PM
Well, I will say either way, he needs to die. It isn't my place entirely to decide the value of another mans life rather than justify it by ensuring the world is a safer place and not wasting money placing these monsters in a cell who will have to be taken care of until they die.

There are things I would suggest be done to this guy that might make some question my sanity on here, but at the end of the day those things won't happen. Execute him and be done with it. The more time he is alive is more time spent wasting resources on someone who will never be fit for society again.

Paseofreak
09-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Just FYI, Plu, it costs orders of magnitude more to execute someone (legal costs) than it does to house them for life. I have no space for this wretched piece of flesh in this world, but when we mete out justice with the intent of torture and revenge, society as a whole looses a lot of any righteousness it has. The penalty is the loss of life, not the suffering on the way out. At least how the law reads, and if we abandon that, who are we?

Mel
09-26-2014, 09:45 PM
Would have been way cheaper if the owner/reserve officer had just emptied his clip into the perp. Way cheaper and faster and less painful than having your head sawed off.

s00nr1
09-26-2014, 09:50 PM
I wonder what it cost the state to save his life in the hospital?

Mel
09-26-2014, 09:58 PM
More than the funeral for that the Lady he tortured and killed.

ljbab728
09-26-2014, 11:02 PM

They are certainly not silent on the issue.

Oklahoma beheading: Muslim religious leaders say Moore suspect visited local mosque | NewsOK.com (http://m.newsok.com/he-is-as-far-away-from-islam-as-he-can-be/article/5346216)

Both Mohammad and Enchassi denounced Nolen’s actions, saying his behavior is not in keeping with Islam, which they emphasized is a religion of peace.

“He is as far away from Islam as he can be,” Mohammad said.

ljbab728
09-26-2014, 11:20 PM

I've not seen anything anywhere in the news about why he was fired. Do you have inside information about that?

catch22
09-27-2014, 12:02 AM
Hmmm. Maybe I have a little "growing up to do", I don't know, but at this point I believe that people who do things like this should made an example of what will happen to others should they follow in the same footsteps. There are crimes that people commit and then there are heinous acts of evil that should be dealt with in a manner that would have the person who committed these acts begging to die.

These people are sick and I think we are way too lenient on crime these days. Steal in parts of Iran and they will likely cut one of your hands off; so don't ask why rates of theft are so low there.

While I understand the desire for revenge. We must simply rise above that. We can't justify torture -- we are a civil society. Civil society calls for standard order. Barbaric society calls for beheading, dismembering, shaming, and torturing. By moving to torture him to death, we throw away our civil culture and are no better than him and his barbaric beliefs. What constitutes an act of evil and an act of crime? Is all crime evil, or is all evil crime? Where do we draw the line on who is tortured to death and who simply has their life ended?

I'm three-quarters of the way into my Gin and Tonic and bag of gummy bears for the evening, so I will call it quits for now.

What an awful thing to have here so close to home, though. I hope we rise above.

Plutonic Panda
09-27-2014, 12:35 AM
While I understand the desire for revenge. We must simply rise above that. We can't justify torture -- we are a civil society. Civil society calls for standard order. Barbaric society calls for beheading, dismembering, shaming, and torturing. By moving to torture him to death, we throw away our civil culture and are no better than him and his barbaric beliefs. What constitutes an act of evil and an act of crime? Is all crime evil, or is all evil crime? Where do we draw the line on who is tortured to death and who simply has their life ended?

I'm three-quarters of the way into my Gin and Tonic and bag of gummy bears for the evening, so I will call it quits for now.

What an awful thing to have here so close to home, though. I hope we rise above.that's true

GoOKC1991
09-27-2014, 01:21 AM
I've not seen anything anywhere in the news about why he was fired. Do you have inside information about that?

I do not, sorry

Dustin
09-27-2014, 03:08 AM
The guy obviously has severe mental issues. Doesn't matter if he just converted to Islam or not, he would killed someone eventually.

JoninATX
09-27-2014, 05:03 AM
This person has severe mental issues. I hope he suffers from what he's done caused for the rest of his miserable life.

PennyQuilts
09-27-2014, 09:25 AM
They are reporting (have no idea if this is correct) that he was fired after getting into some sort of argument with coworkers because he espoused stoning errant women.

Plutonic Panda
09-27-2014, 10:41 AM

Oklahoma beheading: Attacker had just been fired from food company, police said | News OK (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-beheading-attacker-had-just-been-fired-from-food-company-police-said/article/5345835)

"It was 4:05 Thursday, a sunny and warm fall afternoon.

Alton Alexander Nolen, a 30-year-old ex-convict, had been fired from his job just moments before at Vaughan Foods, a food processing company located at 216 NE 12 in Moore.

Now, police say, an angered Nolen was taking his vengeance.

Nolen stormed out of the human resources office, located in a separate building on the southeast side of the property, got in his car and drove the short distance to the processing plant’s main warehouse building, striking another vehicle along the way, police said. He entered the warehouse.

There he encountered Colleen Hufford, a 54-year-old grandmother, who last year lost her home in the May 20 Moore tornado. A family friend said Hufford had worked in the office at Vaughan Foods for about five years."

GoOKC1991
09-27-2014, 01:11 PM
What I want to know is: How was this guy, with his criminal background, hired in the first place?

mugofbeer
09-27-2014, 08:31 PM

I'm glad to hear they are being critical of the murder. I asked originally not long after it happened but its hard to know when you are out of town what is going on. I hope to hear the local mosques will be making great efforts to be crystal clear to their members this type of thing is totally inhuman and intolerable. I also hope to hear of their sympathy to the family of the victim. Hats off to the exec who stopped him from killing more people.

mugofbeer
09-27-2014, 08:33 PM
What I want to know is: How was this guy, with his criminal background, hired in the first place?

Those who have done their time have to be able to obtain employment somewhere.

ljbab728
09-27-2014, 08:38 PM
I do not, sorry

Then why did you say "A man had just been fired for trying to convert co workers to Islam"?

ljbab728
09-27-2014, 08:38 PM
Oklahoma beheading: Attacker had just been fired from food company, police said | News OK (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-beheading-attacker-had-just-been-fired-from-food-company-police-said/article/5345835)

"It was 4:05 Thursday, a sunny and warm fall afternoon.

Alton Alexander Nolen, a 30-year-old ex-convict, had been fired from his job just moments before at Vaughan Foods, a food processing company located at 216 NE 12 in Moore.

Now, police say, an angered Nolen was taking his vengeance.

Nolen stormed out of the human resources office, located in a separate building on the southeast side of the property, got in his car and drove the short distance to the processing plant’s main warehouse building, striking another vehicle along the way, police said. He entered the warehouse.

There he encountered Colleen Hufford, a 54-year-old grandmother, who last year lost her home in the May 20 Moore tornado. A family friend said Hufford had worked in the office at Vaughan Foods for about five years."

Plupan, that doesn't say why he was fired.

Plutonic Panda
09-27-2014, 09:06 PM
Plupan, that doesn't say why he was fired.correct. It said he was fired and tool vengeance.

ljbab728
09-27-2014, 09:42 PM
correct. It said he was fired and tool vengeance.

Of course, the reason why I said that is that you were responding to my post asking about why he was fired when you posted that.

Plutonic Panda
09-27-2014, 10:55 PM
Of course, the reason why I said that is that you were responding to my post asking about why he was fired when you posted that.Oh I'm sorry, I thought you asked if he was fired... not why he was fired. I heard the same thing he was trying to convert others to Muslim, but it is just a rumor at this point and no truth behind it

ljbab728
09-27-2014, 11:18 PM
Oh I'm sorry, I thought you asked if he was fired... not why he was fired. I heard the same thing he was trying to convert others to Muslim, but it is just a rumor at this point and no truth behind it

It has definitely been stated that he had been trying to convert co-workers to Islam but I have heard nothing to suggest that was why he was fired. That would just seem unlikely to me.

RadicalModerate
09-27-2014, 11:44 PM
Just FYI, Plu, it costs orders of magnitude more to execute someone (legal costs) than it does to house them for life. I have no space for this wretched piece of flesh in this world, but when we mete out justice with the intent of torture and revenge, society as a whole looses a lot of any righteousness it has. The penalty is the loss of life, not the suffering on the way out. At least how the law reads, and if we abandon that, who are we?

There is no bigger fan of the Errol Morris Docu-Classic "The Thin Blue Line" than I. It was the one about how a guy, stuck in a Texas prison (and sentenced to death by the legal system) couldn't possibly have been guilty of the crime with which he was charged.

Having said that, your observation that "it costs orders of magnitude more to execute someone (legal costs) than it does to house them for life." seems to indicate one of the largest flaws in our Justice System that can possibly be imagined. It's akin to the proverbial "elephant in the room" that too many members of the "legal professional industry" seem to be riding to the bank or wherever. Well . . . isn't it?

A perfectly legal execution for a perpetrator such as the one immediately under discussion in this particular case could, after a fair trial, be performed for the cost of a Buck knife or one bullet from a .45 Colt at a fraction of the "legalese cost". Couldn't it? (sorry . . . still remember Roger Dale Stafford. I apologize).

Maybe, when the deed is done . . . the last thing this so-called radical converted "muslim" copycatting stuff he heard on the NewZ might hear should be, "Ala Kabar"? with the accent over the second a?

I'm still musing over the "express lane to justice" mentioned earlier in this discussion.

(edited to add: I too, Love The Paseo [district]. Not yet Freakin' Out over it. =)

RadicalModerate
09-28-2014, 12:13 AM
It has definitely been stated that he had been trying to convert co-workers to Islam but I have heard nothing to suggest that was why he was fired. That would just seem unlikely to me.

Most workplaces have well defined SOPs regarding soliciting political or religious policies on company property.
And, in general, that is a good thing. Isn't it?

ljbab728
09-28-2014, 12:31 AM
Most workplaces have well defined SOPs regarding soliciting political or religious policies on company property.
And, in general, that is a good thing. Isn't it?

That still doesn't say why he was fired whether it's proper or not.

RadicalModerate
09-28-2014, 12:33 AM
That still doesn't say why he was fired whether it's proper or not.

I guess that is up to the Jury of His Peers to decide . . . ain't it?
Of course it is. Ain't it?

Sorry . . . Forgot to play The Red Queen . . . (you know the citation . . . =)
(please accept my apologies for placing an emoticon on this thread)
(and ref. post #11, above--near the start of the conversation--for clarification of any misunderstandings)

RadicalModerate
09-28-2014, 01:30 AM
that sounded "hateful" and I apologize for so sounding . . .
Ala Kabar. (sorry . . . I haven't learnt ow' to spell Allah or YHWH rite)

RadicalModerate
09-28-2014, 01:50 AM
As I attempt to sleep tonight . . .
with all of the outrages of the day semi fresh in my mind . . .
(and some PBS/Coxcable/whatever) radiomusic in the background) . . .
I consider the following words . . .
not from the Bible
yet from a Light Drinker
of The Well That Will Never Run Dry . . .

The quality of mercy is not strained;
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
‘T is mightiest in the mightiest; it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown:
His sceptre shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptred sway;
It is enthronèd in the hearts of kings,
It is an attribute to God himself;
And earthly power doth then show likest God’s
When mercy seasons justice. Therefore, Jew,
Though justice be thy plea, consider this,
That, in the course of justice, none of us
Should see salvation: we do pray for mercy;
And that same prayer doth teach us all to render
The deeds of mercy. I have spoke thus much
To mitigate the justice of thy plea;
Which if thou follow, this strict court of Venice
Must needs give sentence ‘gainst the merchant there.

So . . . given that summary of proper human behavior . . .
How do WE apply this sentiment to a mad dog killer
who cuts a lady's head off in an office building/grocery sorting store?
And where lies the blame if we don't know "how"?
Nor why . . . nor when . . .

GoOKC1991
09-28-2014, 02:08 AM
Then why did you say "A man had just been fired for trying to convert co workers to Islam"?

I think I was just hearing everything about him trying to convert them and that he was fired and put the two together. I apologize.

RadicalModerate
09-28-2014, 02:29 AM
I think I was just hearing everything about him trying to convert them and that he was fired and put the two together. I apologize.

So . . . In order to "separate 'the wheat from the chaff' in term of ["Muslim Support/Offendenness" re: this, et. al.] How about a temporary permit for a Sharia Court? Just simply for this local beheader, no questions about guilt available.

I think it could be interesting.

In order to deal with This Offender in a traditional manner . . .
I think that professing to be a recruiter for "Islam" (while acting otherwise) would be a good test case.
To indicate that we are all on the same page regarding "cultural anomalies" . . .

kevinpate
09-28-2014, 06:41 AM

A checkered past is not a general bar to employment. Many, many people with criminal records are gainfully employed.

RadicalModerate
09-28-2014, 08:18 AM
The perpetrator of this crime is obviously insane or at least mentally ill. I'm sure that this fact will be used, in court, in apology for his actions. In a case as horrific as this, one in which there exists NO REASONABLE DOUBT about his guilt, wouldn't it be fair to say that he is suffering from a terminal mental illness? Lots of illnesses can be terminal. Why should mental illness--to the degree exhibited by this "monster" (to quote from a previous post)--be exempt from consequences?

Klop
09-28-2014, 01:25 PM
???????????????????
Jimstonefreelance.com - The new root of truth. (http://jimstonefreelance.com/beheadingokbusted.html)

rezman
09-28-2014, 03:49 PM
I had heard on the news several times that he was fired for trying to convert coworkers to Islam. Whether of not that's the truth,.. Who knows.

PennyQuilts
09-28-2014, 04:44 PM
The perpetrator of this crime is obviously insane or at least mentally ill. I'm sure that this fact will be used, in court, in apology for his actions. In a case as horrific as this, one in which there exists NO REASONABLE DOUBT about his guilt, wouldn't it be fair to say that he is suffering from a terminal mental illness? Lots of illnesses can be terminal. Why should mental illness--to the degree exhibited by this "monster" (to quote from a previous post)--be exempt from consequences?

I see your point. That being said, IF this is the result of radicalization, I don't see insanity as a viable defense, at least based on facts reported in the news.

ljbab728
09-28-2014, 08:07 PM
I had heard on the news several times that he was fired for trying to convert coworkers to Islam. Whether of not that's the truth,.. Who knows.

Interesting. That could be true but I never heard that an any of the news reports I saw or listened to which mentioned him trying to convert people to Islam.