View Full Version : Adult athletics leagues

AP
09-10-2014, 02:17 PM
What are some leagues around the metro for adults looking to play sports for fun or competitively?

shawnw
09-10-2014, 03:07 PM
There's WAKA kickball and then there's another kickball league that plays at 122nd/Western. That place also has softball leagues.

Bullbear
09-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Iknow there is a foot golf league as well that a friend plays on .
partner plays in gay leagues for softball and bowling.

shawnw
09-10-2014, 03:36 PM
there's actually a cricket league here somewhere I believe

Roger S
09-10-2014, 03:40 PM
If you consider billiards a sport there are several leagues you can choose from.

gurantula35
09-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Depends on what sports you are looking to play. There are a bunch of different organazations that run leagues through out the metro area. I have or have been involved in multiple Softball, Flag Football, Basketball, and Soccer Leagues. Local YMCA's, City of Edmond, City of Midwest City, The Lighthouse, The Cube, And Sante Fe are all different organizations I've used. Ive known people who have played in Kickball and Volleyball leagues as well. If you need any more info, i can assist you in the right direction.

bluedogok
09-16-2014, 08:25 PM
I played softball in several different leagues and parks over the years that I lived in OKC. Started out in Wheeler Park and then they had some big changes in the mid-90's so we moved to the Edmond fields on Midwest Blvd by Danforth, that is where I played the most. Our team and a few in the Edmond league went to the fields at 122nd & Western for a fall season after they opened, those of us who tried that park all went back to Edmond the next spring. They just weren't ready nor had enough teams for the multiple leagues they sold us, there was one team (Henderson Hills BC team) that was all ex-college ball players and the entire line up could hit it out at will. Two co-workers played for the second best team (Crossings Church) and their closest game was something like 11 runs and they only lost to the HHBC team the three times they played them. We were sold that they would have an A/B league and a C/D league (which we definitely were). Granted that was around 1999 so I'm sure they have it figured out by now (if they are still open). I played at Edmond (in multiple leagues) until I moved to Austin in 2003 after that fall season.

td25er
09-17-2014, 07:30 AM
Volleyball leagues are a blast. Both sand and indoor. Bowling leagues are fun too. Softball is great, but it's hard to get 11 dudes to pay and show up every week.