View Full Version : Mercy Fitness Center in Edmond

BBatesokc
09-05-2014, 09:19 AM
I've been wanting to give this place a try ever since I saw it under construction. After hearing really good reviews from some friends, I finally decided to give it a try - and I'm glad I did.

The location for us is perfect - literally attached to the East side of our neighborhood. I've been riding my bike there before the sun comes up and returning for evening classes.

You notice what often separates your typical fitness center from a a full service facility the moment you walk in the door. The place is clean and new and doesn't smell like a gym. The staff is uniformed and often greets members by name.

What I immediately liked is that it had the feel of a nicer country club fitness center - especially in the locker room. Upgraded lockers with built in push button locks, spacious layout, nice towels, free toiletries provided, individual showers with upgraded heads, a lounge with big screen, etc.

The pool areas are fantastic and while indoors, an entire two story wall is a window to a green belt that Mercy purchased to insure there is no construction next door.

They have a dedicated lap pool, a therapy pool and an exercise pool. There is also a HUGE whirlpool area. They use an ultraviolet method to clean the water so you don't get that typical over chlorinated smell that we always do at the YMCA.

The workout area is very nice. All new equipment and TONS of ellipticals, treadmills, exercise bikes, etc. And the best part - they are have dual HD monitors so you watch whatever cable channel you want and also have a lower screen that has an Internet browser, apps, workout summary and even so cool interactive 'hiking' simulators.

The classrooms are really nice too with floating floors that have just enough give to them.

We've been to a few classes now and the instructors are really good and welcoming to all fitness levels.

The demographic of the members is older (I'm guessing 50+ years old) so we were afraid the classes would be toned down - we were pleasantly surprised when they were not at all.

All of their staff are a minimum of a bachelors level in their health education and they all seemed eager to assist all the members.

We've only been going a week, but we really like it.

Hours are not bad - M-Thurs 5am-9pm / Fri 5am-8pm / Sat-Sun 7am-5pm

Prices are on the higher end; $65 single membership - $35 for an additional family member. Plus $150 signup fee for the first person and $100 for additional.

However, right now they have a special; 1/2 price enrollment and you can get it applied to your monthly membership if you complete their assessment. So, enrollment ends up being FREE.

We still have a YMCA membership too (for now).

Mercy Fitness Center Edmond OK | Wellness Center near Oklahoma City (http://www.mercyfitness.net)

oklip955
09-05-2014, 08:48 PM
I join in June and can say its the best fitness center I've seen. I can say that I agree with the above post. If you want a nice place to work, this maybe the place for you. Lots of older people but still some young very fit people using the place. I rate it 5 stars.