View Full Version : definition please

mranderson
08-26-2005, 03:22 PM
I have a question. I was looking in a website and went to a link that was blocked, calling it "crim." What is "crim?" I have never heard of this before. Not just what an acroym would mean if it is one, the entire definition, please.

Karried
08-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Could be a Cyber Blocking program - sensitive materials can be blocked - maybe something possibly under criminal investigation - just a guess though.....

mranderson
08-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Could be a Cyber Blocking program - sensitive materials can be blocked - maybe something possibly under criminal investigation - just a guess though.....

This is the link. I actually misunderstood the website thinking it was the Oklahoma City fire department (a "fan" site) instead of a football site.

http://www.geocities.com/oklahomacityfire/SCHEDULE.html

Karried
08-26-2005, 06:24 PM
How strange, I was able to get in, I wonder - do you have a web filter on your computer or a blocking software - usually found on public computers like libraries or schools.. maybe someone else can shed some more light on it.

mranderson
08-26-2005, 06:49 PM
How strange, I was able to get in, I wonder - do you have a web filter on your computer or a blocking software - usually found on public computers like libraries or schools.. maybe someone else can shed some more light on it.

My employer (from this point forward, unnamed at their request) blocks some websites. Yahoo email, for example. They are the one who blocked it.

Karried
08-26-2005, 07:02 PM
Gotcha .... big brother is everywhere. You never know, your unnamed employer might be tracking your usage as well so be careful.

Keith
08-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Gotcha .... big brother is everywhere. You never know, your unnamed employer might be tracking your usage as well so be careful.
I know that my employer is monitoring the sites that employees go to. Like mranderson, my employer has blocked Yahoo e-mail. As a matter of fact, they have blocked hotmail, cox, and other ISP's, due to the threat of viruses.

Every month, our IT dept. sends a report to all department heads with a list of high internet users. If any of these sites are not business related...such as message boards, entertainment sites, e-bay, etc.....then the person visiting these sites could get a reprimand and internet priviledges taken away from them. That's the #1 reason that I don't log on to okctalk during the work day. I was given a verbal warning several months ago, and that's all it took.

In the 14 years that I have been with my employer, I have never had a verbal or written reprimand. As a matter of fact, my record is squeaky clean, and I want to keep it that way.

Ok, now what were we talking about again?:LolLolLol