View Full Version : Non-Tower Development Rumors( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

HOT ROD
08-29-2014, 07:03 PM
Here, let's speculate on development like we do in the Mystery Tower thread, but for non-towers. If/As rumors become confirmed as official, projects would then get their own thread in the Development forum.

Actually I'm surprised we don't have a central thread for rumors downtown and in the city that aren't tower related, so here goes.

HOT ROD
08-29-2014, 07:16 PM
I'll make the first post.

While reading Steve's chat today I had an aha moment with regard to a longstanding rumor of a development coming to OKC that will make KC and Dallas jealous. I suspect this development will be turning the old Union bus station into a 24/7 diner. In the latest chat a poster asked Steve if he could build 'three things in the core', and his response was "A 24/7 old fashioned diner like the ones that do quite well in Dallas, Kansas City and all over the east coast".

While KC and Dallas apparently already have these diners, I'd imagine if Union Bus station in downtown OKC was redeveloped into an art deco diner that it likely could make KC and Dallas jealous. Also note that Steve has continually mentioned that he's "not worried" about the 'KC/Dallas jealous' development and there hasn't yet been an announcement for the bus station, while Preftakes did confirm he does have plans for it.

Yes true speculation, but I think this may very well be it. Thoughts?

ljbab728
08-29-2014, 09:20 PM
That's an interesting idea but I seriously doubt a diner of any sort or in any location in OKC would make Dallas or KC jealous.

soonerguru
08-29-2014, 09:53 PM
I'll make the first post.

While reading Steve's chat today I had an aha moment with regard to a longstanding rumor of a development coming to OKC that will make KC and Dallas jealous. I suspect this development will be turning the old Union bus station into a 24/7 diner. In the latest chat a poster asked Steve if he could build 'three things in the core', and his response was "A 24/7 old fashioned diner like the ones that do quite well in Dallas, Kansas City and all over the east coast".

While KC and Dallas apparently already have these diners, I'd imagine if Union Bus station in downtown OKC was redeveloped into an art deco diner that it likely could make KC and Dallas jealous. Also note that Steve has continually mentioned that he's "not worried" about the 'KC/Dallas jealous' development and there hasn't yet been an announcement for the bus station, while Preftakes did confirm he does have plans for it.

Yes true speculation, but I think this may very well be it. Thoughts?

While this is a very cool idea, I do not believe this is the scale of wow that Steve is referencing. I think he may have given another clue: in his chat he said watch the land that is currently fenced off for St. Anthony construction. He said to watch for something "special" there. That, to me, is a big deal, because that land is a big swath of undeveloped land in the heart of Midtown. Could be a retail / housing development. Could be a grocery. Who knows?

bchris02
08-29-2014, 10:28 PM
That's an interesting idea but I seriously doubt a diner of any sort or in any location in OKC would make Dallas or KC jealous.

Correct, especially since KC and Dallas already have such diners. That would be awesome to see though in OKC. There needs to be more non-chain 24-hour options with character around here.

bchris02
08-29-2014, 10:30 PM
While this is a very cool idea, I do not believe this is the scale of wow that Steve is referencing. I think he may have given another clue: in his chat he said watch the land that is currently fenced off for St. Anthony construction. He said to watch for something "special" there. That, to me, is a big deal, because that land is a big swath of undeveloped land in the heart of Midtown. Could be a retail / housing development. Could be a grocery. Who knows?

I believe Steve has said in the past its going to be in Bricktown. He mentioned today to expect something big announced for Bricktown around the first of 2015. You know how timelines work and that could easily get delayed to much farther in the future but I think that may be what he is hinting at.

Plutonic Panda
08-29-2014, 11:31 PM
While this is a very cool idea, I do not believe this is the scale of wow that Steve is referencing. I think he may have given another clue: in his chat he said watch the land that is currently fenced off for St. Anthony construction. He said to watch for something "special" there. That, to me, is a big deal, because that land is a big swath of undeveloped land in the heart of Midtown. Could be a retail / housing development. Could be a grocery. Who knows?or a 50 story tower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

ljbab728
08-29-2014, 11:35 PM
or a 50 story tower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Plupan, that wouldn't make Dallas jealous. LOL

Plutonic Panda
08-29-2014, 11:45 PM
Plupan, that wouldn't make Dallas jealous. LOLYou're right... add a 1 in front of that!!!!!!!! ;)

Pete
08-30-2014, 03:29 PM
I believe this rumored large project would be for Lower Bricktown; i.e. south of Reno.

Plutonic Panda
08-30-2014, 03:59 PM
So sorry to bring up towers again, but this has nothing to do with the Lumber Yard?

warreng88
08-30-2014, 05:28 PM
I believe this rumored large project would be for Lower Bricktown; i.e. south of Reno.

Possibly the U-haul area?

ChrisHayes
08-30-2014, 05:34 PM
Something I'd like to see is a manufacturing hub of sorts. A large number of acreage devoted to manufacturing and distribution. We have areas of manufacturing across the city, but a true hub would be nice. More mixed use communities such as Wheeler and Chisolm Creek as well. Anything that can be done to diversify the economy more so, as well as make the city more appealing to move to.

Clown puncher
08-30-2014, 07:54 PM
Something I'd like to see is a manufacturing hub of sorts. A large number of acreage devoted to manufacturing and distribution. We have areas of manufacturing across the city, but a true hub would be nice. More mixed use communities such as Wheeler and Chisolm Creek as well. Anything that can be done to diversify the economy more so, as well as make the city more appealing to move to.
Are you in the construction industry ChrisHayes?

bchris02
08-30-2014, 09:24 PM
So sorry to bring up towers again, but this has nothing to do with the Lumber Yard?

The Lumber Yard would surely make KC jealous but would it make Dallas jealous? Similar high-rise residential projects are almost a dime-a-dozen in the metroplex. In addition, I think there are a few pieces that would have to fall into place before the Lumber Yard would be feasible, one of them is the sell and redevelopment of Producer's Co-op. Pete has indicated that is a possibility in one of the threads so maybe this city is about to see the first step towards the Lumber Yard or something like it becoming real. However, for multiple reasons I doubt the Lumber Yard is what Steve keeps hinting at. For one, most sources point at the mystery project as being something more likely than not, the opposite of reports done so far on the Lumber Yard. Steve had also said it will be entertainment oriented, which might explain it making Dallas jealous given their failure with West End.

HOT ROD
08-30-2014, 11:22 PM
Good points all. Keep em coming, non-tower in this thread.

ljbab728
08-31-2014, 12:40 AM
Good points all. Keep em coming, non-tower in this thread.

But what if the Lumber Yard project has a tower and makes Dallas and KC jealous? LOL

lasomeday
08-31-2014, 07:20 AM
Whatever it is, Houston has it but Dallas and KC do not.

catch22
08-31-2014, 07:27 AM
whatever it is, houston has it but dallas and kc do not.

nasa?

ChrisHayes
08-31-2014, 09:32 AM
Are you in the construction industry ChrisHayes?

Nope. Just a transplant from Ohio who wants to watch Oklahoma City grow for years

Pete
08-31-2014, 10:44 AM
Something I'd like to see is a manufacturing hub of sorts. A large number of acreage devoted to manufacturing and distribution.

That pretty much describes the area between Yukon and the airport.

Hobby Lobby alone has over 8 million square feet and there are about two dozen other large manufacturers / distributors in that area.

In fact, the City owns a good chunk of land in that area and provides incentives over and above the usual job creation programs.

And at the eastern end of I-40, you have the equally massive Tinker / Boeing juggernaut. And now East Memorial and North I-35 has several million square feet as well, as does northern Lincoln Boulevard. Most people don't realize the huge manufacturing / distribution base we have in OKC.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/distribution.jpg

warreng88
08-31-2014, 10:47 AM
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but in several of Steve's chats he made it seem like the thing that would make KC and Dallas jealous would be entertainment based.

Laramie
08-31-2014, 11:35 AM
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but in several of Steve's chats he made it seem like the thing that would make KC and Dallas jealous would be entertainment based.

I wouldn't put much stock into something big coming to OKC that would make KC and Dallas jealous. Jealous? Yes, in the sense that it might garner their attention.

Anything that would actually make KC and Dallas jealous isn't going to be revealed on this website.

http://www.thunderfans.com/vforum/images/smilies/okc.gif "Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.http://www.thunderfans.com/vforum/images/smilies/okc.gif

bchris02
08-31-2014, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't put much stock into something big coming to OKC that would make KC and Dallas jealous. Jealous? Yes, in the sense that it might garner their attention.

Anything that would actually make KC and Dallas jealous isn't going to be revealed on this website.

http://www.thunderfans.com/vforum/images/smilies/okc.gif "Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.http://www.thunderfans.com/vforum/images/smilies/okc.gif

I can definitely see the possibility of a development in OKC that would make KC jealous, as well as Louisville, Nashville, and San Antonio. It has to be quite a bit bigger to make Dallas jealous.

bchris02
08-31-2014, 12:38 PM

I had mentioned that in a previous post. From what we've heard from Steve over the course of the past several months of chats is its going to be entertainment based and its going to be in Bricktown. It's NOT the Lumber Yard and it's also not a corporate relocation as some have speculated.

NWOKCGuy
08-31-2014, 05:50 PM
Some comment he made in the chat makes me think its going to be in the big surface parking lot for lower bricktown.

warreng88
08-31-2014, 06:48 PM
Some comment he made in the chat makes me think its going to be in the big surface parking lot for lower bricktown.

Which one?

Plutonic Panda
08-31-2014, 09:10 PM
Some comment he made in the chat makes me think its going to be in the big surface parking lot for lower bricktown.Something about Randy Hogan?

bchris02
09-01-2014, 10:24 AM
That would be great if some of the surface parking could be developed. It is easily one of the biggest eyesores downtown and a tremendous waste of prime space. However, they would definitely need to build structured parking and quick because a lot of people who visit Bricktown from the burbs rely on the surface parking in Randy Hogan's section of the district.

Laramie
09-01-2014, 02:31 PM
This appears to be quite a game of speculation about what would make Dallas & Kansas City jealous. You lost me when it was said to be entertainment.

What is it that Dallas wants that the Big D and we have not got?

We'll find out in time...

NWOKCGuy
09-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Which one?

Trying to find the chat transcript. Is it posted?

hoya
09-02-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm not worried about the thing that would make other cities jealous. Honestly some of the things people get excited about do not interest me at all. There are a lot of times on this site when someone will say "holy cow, a blah blah blah in coming to OKC, that's amazing!" It will usually be something I've never heard of and have no interest in. That's fine, not everything has to be targeted at hoya, and in those situations I just say "that's nice" and go on to the next thread.

Non-tower developments in OKC that I would like to see by 2020:

The parking lot in front of Bass Pro, and the parking lot in front of the Bricktown Events Center, both need substantial development. On the Bricktown Events lot, you could fit an apartment complex the size of LEVEL, plus a structured parking garage that would hold the same amount of vehicles that park there now. You could put a parking garage in front of Bass Pro that has street level retail and restaurants. The apartment complex would give more life to the area during Bricktown's normal down times. This would help it develop as a real neighborhood, not just a tourist destination. You'd also gain overall parking capacity.

I'd like to see the U-Haul building restored to its original state.

I'd like to see Bricktown, Deep Deuce, Automobile Alley, and Midtown all grow together so that no gap exists between them. That's going to require coordination with the city and the railroad to connect BT and DD, but it needs to happen. There should be a lot of places to cross between them. Once they're connected, they'll all be more vibrant communities. The streetcar will also help with this. But you shouldn't have to cross 500 or 1000 feet of empty field or sheet metal warehouse when you go from one urban neighborhood to the next.

ShadowStrings
09-03-2014, 10:07 AM
A little word association triggered an idea. The mention of West End in Dallas reminded me of West End in London since I was just there (West End is London's version of Broadway). It would be cool if we had a few Broadway-style theaters with permanent plays. I don't know if Bricktown is the most appropriate place for this this type of development, but it is fun to think about. I just made this up, so obviously I'm not suggesting that this might actually be what is in the works, but would this be something that would make Dallas and Kansas City jealous? Is such a development even feasible in OKC?

hoya
09-03-2014, 10:34 AM
I was thinking a development like that would be cool over in the Stockyards City area. I first proposed it last year, I think, and said it could be a Branson-style part of town. I had suggested this without ever having been to Branson. Sadly I was dragged along as part of a family reunion thing earlier this year. Branson sucks. But I think it would be neat to have several theaters with plays going.

ShadowStrings
09-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Yes, I was in Branson again this summer for probably the fourth time. It was fun as a kid, but not as much as an adult. I love my Broadway plays though.

bchris02
09-03-2014, 11:06 AM
I was thinking a development like that would be cool over in the Stockyards City area. I first proposed it last year, I think, and said it could be a Branson-style part of town. I had suggested this without ever having been to Branson. Sadly I was dragged along as part of a family reunion thing earlier this year. Branson sucks. But I think it would be neat to have several theaters with plays going.

Branson used to be a lot better than it is now. It's target demographic is rapidly aging and dying off and as that happens it will continue to decline. They made a grave mistake in not adjusting their approach to be cross-generational.

hoya
09-03-2014, 01:53 PM
I'd envision maybe half a dozen theaters in the Stockyards City area. If every place built an old fashioned storefront, in keeping with the existing buildings in the area, you could create a very walkable tourist area. People who were in town visiting from other cities would want to see the cowboy side of OKC, buy some boots and a hat, eat at Cattlemen's, and see some kind of "authentic" country show. If you ran the streetcar over to this area connecting it to downtown, you'd have a big hit. Given its proximity to the fairgrounds, you'd also be able to tap the people who go to the big horse and cattle shows they have there.

Given the development of the Wheeler District and Capitol Hill in that general area, you're going to see a lot of money invested around here in the next 10-20 years. Cleaning up Exchange and Agnew and turning that into a bigger revenue generating area will help a renewal of the South side of the city.

It appears to be about half a mile from the Stockyards City sign down to Exchange, and about another half mile from Agnew over to Penn. You could put in (eventually) about 5-6 theaters, 2-3 big hotels, a half dozen restaurants, and a variety of smaller stores and businesses. Everything 1-2 stories tall, with the general western look. All parking would be off the street, behind the businesses. Two or three parking garages would handle the increased visitors to the area.

I think that's a realistic goal here in the next 20 years. The city needs to spend some money on its "country" side of life, as that can bring in a lot of money. We have the reputation anyway, might as well profit off of it.

lasomeday
09-03-2014, 02:25 PM
I'd envision maybe half a dozen theaters in the Stockyards City area. If every place built an old fashioned storefront, in keeping with the existing buildings in the area, you could create a very walkable tourist area. People who were in town visiting from other cities would want to see the cowboy side of OKC, buy some boots and a hat, eat at Cattlemen's, and see some kind of "authentic" country show. If you ran the streetcar over to this area connecting it to downtown, you'd have a big hit. Given its proximity to the fairgrounds, you'd also be able to tap the people who go to the big horse and cattle shows they have there.

Given the development of the Wheeler District and Capitol Hill in that general area, you're going to see a lot of money invested around here in the next 10-20 years. Cleaning up Exchange and Agnew and turning that into a bigger revenue generating area will help a renewal of the South side of the city.

It appears to be about half a mile from the Stockyards City sign down to Exchange, and about another half mile from Agnew over to Penn. You could put in (eventually) about 5-6 theaters, 2-3 big hotels, a half dozen restaurants, and a variety of smaller stores and businesses. Everything 1-2 stories tall, with the general western look. All parking would be off the street, behind the businesses. Two or three parking garages would handle the increased visitors to the area.

I think that's a realistic goal here in the next 20 years. The city needs to spend some money on its "country" side of life, as that can bring in a lot of money. We have the reputation anyway, might as well profit off of it.

Actually the Oklahoma Opry Moved there a few years ago and is now called the Rodeo Opry. They are at 2221 Exchange Avenue. Here is the website. They are also looking to build an amphitheater along the Oklahoma River and play there during the year as well.

Rodeo Opry (http://www.ohfo.org/)

bchris02
09-03-2014, 02:50 PM

I can see extending the streetcar to the stockyards, but for the most part country entertainment has thrived in OKC even when nothing else did. I don't know what kind of investment needs to be made that the free market hasn't already taken care of. If there is one type of entertainment that is in no short supply in OKC its country-oriented entertainment. OKC should definitely promote its heritage, but not in a way that re-enforces a stereotype that to many people is considered negative. I am not saying country is a bad thing at all, it just doesn't appeal to younger generations (which is a huge problem right now for Branson). If anything, the city could invest in making the streetscape in the Stockyards area more attractive as part of a broader beautification plan.

LocoAko
09-03-2014, 03:16 PM
I can see extending the streetcar to the stockyards, but for the most part country entertainment has thrived in OKC even when nothing else did. I don't know what kind of investment needs to be made that the free market hasn't already taken care of. If there is one type of entertainment that is in no short supply in OKC its country-oriented entertainment. OKC should definitely promote its heritage, but not in a way that re-enforces a stereotype that to many people is considered negative. I am not saying country is a bad thing at all, it just doesn't appeal to younger generations (which is a huge problem right now for Branson). If anything, the city could invest in making the streetscape in the Stockyards area more attractive as part of a broader beautification plan.

I know plenty of young people in the area who love country, and I'm not even in a particularly country-filled scene in my life here. Sure there should be diversity, but to say that country doesn't appeal to the younger generation here is totally, utterly wrong.

Bellaboo
09-03-2014, 03:53 PM
I know plenty of young people in the area who love country, and I'm not even in a particularly country-filled scene in my life here. Sure there should be diversity, but to say that country doesn't appeal to the younger generation here is totally, utterly wrong.

Actually, a lot of the younger women prefer country music over anything else.

bchris02
09-03-2014, 06:48 PM
I know a lot of young people who like country music and 2-stepping at Cowboys. I don't know very many at all who like Branson and the entertainment it provides or who wish OKC was more like it. The possible exception is Silver Dollar City, which isn't six flags but is a decent smaller amusement park.

hoya
09-03-2014, 08:33 PM
And see, my Branson suggestion was really before I knew what Branson was. I had one thing in my head, the real thing is quite a bit different.

LocoAko
09-04-2014, 07:44 AM
I know a lot of young people who like country music and 2-stepping at Cowboys. I don't know very many at all who like Branson and the entertainment it provides or who wish OKC was more like it. The possible exception is Silver Dollar City, which isn't six flags but is a decent smaller amusement park.

Well, you mentioned the lack of interest in country from young people in the context of OKC's future development, not Branson's, so that was how I took it.

bchris02
09-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Well, you mentioned the lack of interest in country from young people in the context of OKC's future development, not Branson's, so that was how I took it.

We were discussing the city attempting to attract more country-oriented entertainment, something a lot of people have suggested over the years using Branson as an example. Former mayor Kirk Humphreys really liked that idea. My point was that the market is pretty well already saturated with country entertainment in OKC. I don't believe that is an area where the city needs to focus; the free market has done a very good job there. If anything, the stockyard district should be improved as part of a citywide beautification plan. It might be kind of cool to relocate the Cowboy Hall of Fame as well as the honky-tonk nightlife on Meridian/I-40 to the stockyard district to have it all in one area, but that is unrealistic

BDP
09-04-2014, 08:31 AM
And see, my Branson suggestion was really before I knew what Branson was. I had one thing in my head, the real thing is quite a bit different.

The Stockyards in Ft Worth is a much more relevant and probably more sustainable model. A couple of cool old hotels (not of the flop house variety), western themed shopping, and a nice selection of western and red dirt themed bars. Of course, something like it's anchor venue, Billy Bob's, is probably out of reach at this point, but Stockyards City could use some added nightlife. Parking could be an issue, but I think much of the daytime retail parking could turn over for clubs at night. However, I think if the city wanted to encourage growth in the stockyards, it could help with a few of the run down properties surrounding the districts hub.

It probably should be noted that the Stockyards was really one of the first successful Main Street programs in the state. It could maybe use some more development, but what's there is pretty full and is actually one of the most dense shopping districts in an urban format in the city. Granted, that's not saying much, but before the Plaza District was revitalized, Stockyards was one of the only places in the city where you could park and walk to 6-7 shops that wasn't in a mall or strip mall setting.

I do think it has been overlooked lately with all the other urban revitalization going on around the city. I'd like to see the district do more events to promote itself. It could use something like First Fridays, Live on the Plaza, or H&8Th, but with a country or red dirt focus.

5alive
09-04-2014, 10:38 AM
I have not been to The Stockyards in Ft Worth. How is the parking handled there?

BDP
09-04-2014, 11:04 AM
I have not been to The Stockyards in Ft Worth. How is the parking handled there?

I really don't know. I valeted at my hotel. Here's there's parking info, though:

Fort Worth Stockyards (http://www.fortworthstockyards.org/parking.aspx)

Geographer
09-05-2014, 02:03 PM
I really don't know. I valeted at my hotel. Here's there's parking info, though:

Fort Worth Stockyards (http://www.fortworthstockyards.org/parking.aspx)

There's lots of street parking and some lots that are hidden behind the buildings along the main drag of the stock yards....there are also some empty lots to the north that are used for parking....there's definitely a surplus of parking there.

Laramie
09-07-2014, 12:27 PM
As our city grows, we do need to accentuate what we do have with more emphasis on development of the Stockyards District (Agnew-Exchange) , Asian District (Classen) and Capitol Hill District (S. W. 25th/Commerce) which diversify as well as brand our city. These areas give us more options. There have been some improvements over the years.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-urNe9myp0Rk/UaJccflfLDI/AAAAAAAAIxY/n_vakWwgHzs/s1600/1268678395_485.jpghttps://sp1.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.607989510500126505&pid=15.1&P=0https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXjNI5A_SIXmNKSh-t6upkyf_twE3wN0Wzr0b3o6J-OBq86rbAdg

Oklahoma City Stockyards District

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSN6P-e8ir4pNNPYcoaThwI4rlg6MCgyX9LYvlhwNDM9Q-chluHhttps://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTG5rIxzOUNHSk_5aH5OVEf3bXoQ7n_w 2UznMvamE50jn-dhG4gfQhttps://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmLiQs4SYyl7qZM0B8Sx-9MGZFkC8_fZMoxD7Q5GRYqEj1wC9r0g
Oklahoma City Asian District

https://sp1.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608042407320945781&pid=15.1&P=0https://sp2.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608030759368655902&pid=15.1&P=0http://www.okc.gov/planning/capitol_hill/Resources/opry.jpg

Oklahoma City Capitol Hill District

The are other unique districts like OKC's Paseo District which could benefit from more development.

HOT ROD
09-07-2014, 09:34 PM
True, along with downtown those inner city districts along with Plaza, Uptown, Western, and (currently to a lesser extent) the Eastside are what makes OKC cosmopolitan.

Dubya61
09-10-2014, 01:08 PM
True, along with downtown those inner city districts along with Plaza, Uptown, Western, and (currently to a lesser extent) the Eastside are what makes OKC cosmopolitan.

I don't want to be a negative nellie, but when I think of cosmopolitan, I think of Lisbon, Prague, Barcelona -- not once OKC (although I love OKC very much).

bchris02
09-10-2014, 01:57 PM
To be cosmopolitan goes hand-in-hand with being world class. Only a handful of cities in the US fit the bill.

http://www.okctalk.com/current-events-open-topic/38970-world-class-cities.html

Rover
09-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Cosmopolitan by definition is free from local, provincial, or national ideas, prejudices, or attachments. This would be cities like NYC, Chicago, San Francisco, etc. with a broad cross-section of persons and ideas, generally mixing cultures from all over the world. It doesn't really have anything to do with size, types and sizes of buildings, number of visitors, etc. There can be very small but cosmopolitan towns and very large cities that are not cosmopolitan. It really has nothing to do with being urban. You can have very cosmopolitan suburbs or cosmopolitan persons in non-cosmopolitan cities.

I certainly wouldn't call OKC cosmopolitan. But, I am not sure I would call cities like Prague cosmopolitan either.

Laramie
09-11-2014, 07:46 PM
We're not a Dallas, Denver or Seattle...

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaB5SieDQ1IoVgdhG44hWsbd4-7Ab6Ggtk6PDJggRHGPK-358p https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSm4DakptjyBgVLPBjqI7_D2HSS_D25C qzeue-BDaVvKDe-lH4jYQ https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8UyvslMy_6pOifUBsRqHoYHRx4-nlwpCLKZGMIMd7bzCy92SveQ

Oklahoma City survived an 'inner core cancer' (neglect) which lasted (40 years) from 1960-2000.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZxAXZ7G6PL2oL-emIMBkNkhDnYEULc3oJeE4LY4ue7FIL1tsUAA https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSt76nPn-ZYUKt3aunSuxdz589Ya-TeVFsL6h_o2ZJMdtG5NcAY https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEjAcF2mNHfbMeWg8Lr114kletT1Txs So9KniT0TlEGX15cKRx
MAPS I was the initial attack to build antibodies against the symptoms; now it's time to remove the true causes of the disease. Our city is a transformation from comatose to a miraculous resurrection of Lazarus.

We're still that 'Big Dusty' with an annual wind velocity that is higher than Chicago's. Who cares if we're cosmopolitan?

Create a community which reflects our true inner self; a city of hospitality, opportunity, potential and empathy (Hope).

We are well on our way to recovery.

It's Our Turn!

https://sp3.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608027727125218431&pid=15.1&P=0 https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS01Gh-gfjpwoWzGIkCI2dDmuyHKmgbGe21jbyVV9k_OnVi972l https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFpPof80-_2DnA-2G95R6PaGqAZSf2pAHs-ECWeFGE0zWTKZ6h

HOT ROD
09-13-2014, 11:35 PM
well, excuse me for having an opinion.

when I said that those districts are what makes up OKC's cosmopolitan feel I meant that those were its worldly connection (which is also a definition of cosmopolitan, btw). I could imagine Paseo, Plaza, Asian District, Capital Hill, 39th, etc in any worldly/cosmopolitan city with lots to offer like Chicago with its hoods - but I suppose since they are in OKC it isn't cosmopolitan anymore. ..