View Full Version : US District Court 200 NW 4th Street OKC

amandagall5
08-28-2014, 07:44 AM
I am scheduled for a naturalization ceremony tomorrow at the courthouse. My husband is in a wheelchair and I was wondering what the handicap access was like. Also the best place to park. Can anyone help?
Thanks.

kelroy55
08-28-2014, 07:47 AM
I believe any Government building has adequate handicap access to all their buildings.... and congratulations !!!!!!

shawnw
08-28-2014, 11:46 AM
That particular building, unfortunately, doesn't have great access at the moment IMO. I'm sure there are plenty of ramps and such, but I meant there's not really close street parking due to security. There's the Dowell Center garage at 4th/Harvey, if there are hourly parking spots available, but there are such crazy inclines both on Harvey and in that garage. If there is an elevator in that garage (really should be, just not sure) it might be worth it to take that and use the tunnel below ground to cross the street and enter the courthouse. Also take note that 4th street right in front (North) of the courthouse is closed for construction.

Chadanth
08-28-2014, 11:55 AM
I'd recommend the Dowell garage or along Harvey just north of 4th, if you come south from the Post office. The handicap access is fine, and congratulations. I've had the pleasure of watching a couple naturalization ceremonies and they're really moving.

amandagall5
08-28-2014, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the info. Btw, I've been married for 34 years, I thought it was about time!