View Full Version : 4-year-old expelled from preschool over mom’s Facebook rant

GoOKC1991
08-27-2014, 06:46 PM
4-year-old expelled from preschool over mom?s Facebook rant | KFOR.com (http://kfor.com/2014/08/27/4-year-old-expelled-from-preschool-over-moms-facebook-rant/)

BBatesokc
08-27-2014, 06:50 PM
Private school. I don't have a problem with their decision.

GoOKC1991
08-27-2014, 06:52 PM
Private school. I don't have a problem with their decision.

I do not either. She can't use the excuse "it's my own page" when she tagged them in it

Pete
08-27-2014, 06:54 PM
“Why is it that every single day there is something new I dislike about Will’s School? Are my standards really too high or are people working in the education field really just that ignorant?” the post read.

So, she took to social media to criticize a private school (for something that was probably her own fault) on the very first day her kid was there and TAGS them in the post, then gets upset when they don't want her family attending?

“I was in shock,” Habat said. “Why would you expel a 4-year-old over something his mom posts on her private Facebook page only people on her friends list can see?”

She needs to learn how Facebook works.

mugofbeer
08-27-2014, 07:58 PM
It boggles the mind how many people don't understand that actions have results. I bet she still doesn't think she's responsible for what happened.

Martin
08-27-2014, 08:02 PM
http://hotmeme.net/media/i/4/f/d1Z-thats-not-how-it-works-thats-not-how-any-of-this-works.jpg

PennyQuilts
08-27-2014, 08:09 PM
Bad fit. The school would have been buying trouble to continue their association with that drama queen mother. Poor kid.

RadicalModerate
08-27-2014, 08:10 PM
it's nearly outrageous enough to cause a conversion to Islamism 'r whatever.
one of the deacons or elders should have smacked her knuckles with a ruler.
of course that would have been vaguely "catholic" and therefore unacceptable.
at least from the perspective of a charismatic helicopter mom.
on the other hand it might have slowed down her ability to text....................so

Roger S
08-28-2014, 06:24 AM
Then again if she had just ran out on a football field or licked a stranger in the face.... Some might not feel she would need to be held accountable for her actions..... She would have become the victim.

Edit: Oops... I left out rob a pharmacy

PennyQuilts
08-28-2014, 07:36 AM
That mother's attitude to complain, draw attention to herself and feel victimized would quickly color her child's worldview and poison the classroom. The ability of a private school to unilaterally disengage is one reason private schools so often provide better learning environments. When I taught, there was always a handful of kids who were a challenge but the real misery came from an even smaller handfull of unpleasant parents. A horrible parent can keep your stomach in knots for days if you are the type of person who cares - and most teachers are drawn to the field because they care about people.

bombermwc
08-28-2014, 08:01 AM
I can respect her option to have an opinion, but sometimes as a parent, you just bite your lip for the betterment of the child. In this instance, she seems like the type of parent that isn't willing to be accountable for her own actions or in-actions. I'd agree that if the parent is going to be a source of discord for the students, then a private school has the right to say, no thank you. In a public school, they have to put up with it, which can be a real problem. But if you take your child to a private school, you should expect to have your actions as a parent be something that the school will look at as well.

I dont find her words to warrant expulsion, but there's probably more to the story (at leas the school's reply indicates as much). This was probably just the last straw on the camel's back. And with it being that bad so early in the school year, i can only imagine what other shenanigans happens with this parent.

Urbanized
08-28-2014, 09:05 AM
The school did the right thing - FOR THE REST OF THE STUDENTS. See ya, destructo-lady.

kevinpate
08-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Will they ever create a computer that can automatically scan for and exclude the long standing ID 10 T design flaw that keeps showing up for some folk?