View Full Version : Pizza by the slice in OKC?

bchris02
08-26-2014, 10:49 AM
I am familiar with Empire Slice House and Sauced on Paseo. Are there any other good places in OKC for pizza by the slice?

Pete
08-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Knuck's Wheelhouse.

Also, this delivery model is gradually being replaced by places like Revolve Pizza, where you can get an individual, freshly-made pizza in just minutes.

There are a ton of these types of places on the West Coast and the concept is spreading like wildfire.

Roger S
08-26-2014, 10:58 AM
Guess it depends on whether you meant specifically within the OKC city limits or the OKC metro area but....

Papa Angelo's in Bethany does pizza by the slice for lunch... It's my favorite NY style in the area.

Sandro's sells by the slice in Moore and Norman.

Pete
08-26-2014, 11:05 AM
BTW, I've stated this before but I really avoid pizza by the slice.

It's just re-heated, pre-made pie that's usually been sitting around for a while.

I never order it unless I see it come right out of the oven.

shawnw
08-26-2014, 11:12 AM
If you ask knucks how long the pizza has been out and it's not to your satisfaction they'll totally make you a new one and sell you one slice. I have actually had them GIVE me a slice before because I said it was too old (I think because they recognized me as a regular).

TheTravellers
08-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Falcone's on NW 67th-ish/May, haven't been there in a while, not sure if they're still good.

sooner88
08-26-2014, 12:15 PM
Sauced in the Paseo. They will also make a new one with the slice(s) you want if they don't have them made or they are too old.

Richard at Remax
08-26-2014, 12:19 PM
Sauced is awesome. I am now 0/3 on getting a hot slice at Empire. Has always taken 20+ min and lukewarm

kevinpate
08-26-2014, 12:38 PM
Do people really only want one slice of pizza for their meal? Oh, I suppose if it is a 10-12 inch round slice I could find some common ground.

bchris02
08-26-2014, 01:11 PM
Do people really only want one slice of pizza for their meal? Oh, I suppose if it is a 10-12 inch round slice I could find some common ground.

When I lived in Charlotte, there were plenty of NY-style pizza-by-the-slice shops started up by people who moved down from New York. You could buy one slice for $3 and it was big enough to be an adequate lunch. They were busy enough that you never got a stale or reheated slice if you went during lunchtime. I haven't really found anywhere around here yet that is similar. I haven't tried that place in Bethany mentioned above so I need to give it a try.

dankrutka
08-26-2014, 01:13 PM
New York Pizza on Campus Corner in Norman. I always go after OU games when it's jam packed so their slices are right out of the oven. Not sure about other times.

Jersey Boss
08-26-2014, 02:11 PM
When I lived in Charlotte, there were plenty of NY-style pizza-by-the-slice shops started up by people who moved down from New York. You could buy one slice for $3 and it was big enough to be an adequate lunch. They were busy enough that you never got a stale or reheated slice if you went during lunchtime. I haven't really found anywhere around here yet that is similar. I haven't tried that place in Bethany mentioned above so I need to give it a try.

Wow, I got two slices and a can of soda for 2.75 in Herald Square just a couple of weeks ago.

Stew
08-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Sam's Club has pizza by the slice. :cool:

ctchandler
08-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Kevin,
I took my London friend to Papa Angelo's and she ordered a slice and I ordered their mini pizza. Her's was very big and the price was right, it included a drink and I think (don't quote me) a small salad. It was as much food as my mini pie and I would have been happy with the slice option. Next time I will order it and find out.
C. T.

bchris02
08-26-2014, 05:46 PM
Kevin,
I took my London friend to Papa Angelo's and she ordered a slice and I ordered their mini pizza. Her's was very big and the price was right, it included a drink and I think (don't quote me) a small salad. It was as much food as my mini pie and I would have been happy with the slice option. Next time I will order it and find out.
C. T.

Sounds like Papa Angelo's might be what I am looking for. Will definitely check it out soon.

roci28
08-27-2014, 05:23 AM
Papa Angelo's as well as Empire Slice are my favorites for slices. Papa Angelo's is on 39th and Asbury in Bethany and I believe they only sell by the slice through 2pm. Its the closest thing to NY flavor and size of slices/pies since moving here to OKC about 10yrs ago. I do have them cook mine a bit well done to get the crust a little more crunchy.

ctchandler
08-27-2014, 11:37 AM
Roci28,
The last time I was there, I bought the mini pizza and I saw large pizzas being prepared. And I was there at lunch.
C. T.
Papa Angelo's is on 39th and Asbury in Bethany and I believe they only sell by the slice through 2pm.

ctchandler
08-27-2014, 11:44 AM
I just checked Papa Angelo's menu and it shows two slices and a 16 ounce drink for $4.25 and that's what my friend had, I had the "Little Joe" eight inch pizza for $5.25. The menu doesn't mention any time restraints regarding ordering whole pizzas.
C. T.

Roger S
08-27-2014, 11:47 AM
I just checked Papa Angelo's menu and it shows two slices and a 16 ounce drink for $4.25 and that's what my friend had, I had the "Little Joe" eight inch pizza for $5.25. The menu doesn't mention any time restraints regarding ordering whole pizzas.
C. T.

I don't think they ever have a restraint on ordering whole pies but they do have a limited window that they serve slices...... Want to say it's the time roci28 said... 2 PM

ctchandler
08-27-2014, 01:45 PM
BBQEA,
That's right, I took Roci28's post to say they only served pizza by the slice (no whole pies). My mistake/misunderstanding.
C. T.
I don't think they ever have a restraint on ordering whole pies but they do have a limited window that they serve slices...... Want to say it's the time roci28 said... 2 PM

RadicalModerate
08-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Is there a bus stop next to Empire or Angelo's?
Or does one need to request the services of Yellow Cab or Uber?
Perhaps sidewalks aren't out of the question . . ?
Bicycle paths? . . .
Pepperoni. No Anchovies. Extra Olives and Basil. Light on the CheeZ. ThanxZ.

roci28
08-27-2014, 04:53 PM
BBQEA,
That's right, I took Roci28's post to say they only served pizza by the slice (no whole pies). My mistake/misunderstanding.
C. T.

Yep, I was meaning that you can get whole pies all day long, I just think slices are before 2pm...sorry for the confusion!

onthestrip
08-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Falcone's on NW 67th-ish/May, haven't been there in a while, not sure if they're still good.

Used to go there all the time but havent been in a while either. Would like to know if its still the same as it used to be.

ctchandler
08-28-2014, 08:04 PM
Roci28,
No apology necessary, your comment was clear, my senility took over when I replied.
C. T.
Yep, I was meaning that you can get whole pies all day long, I just think slices are before 2pm...sorry for the confusion!