View Full Version : OSU Football 2014

Pages : [1] 2

Studying Okie
08-19-2014, 10:55 PM
Anyone going to Dallas on August 30??

bucfan1512
08-20-2014, 11:22 AM
I wish that I could but have plans that prevent me from traveling.

codyt
08-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Hard to make the trip to Dallas from NYC :cool:

But I just heard that TBP got Jerry Jones to drop the student ticket price for the game to $20. I doubt they'll be checking for student IDs in Dallas, so if you know a student and don't mind sitting in the upper deck, get them to buy you one of these deep discount tickets. Excited to see Jerry-World filled with bright orange!

Studying Okie
08-22-2014, 02:24 PM
I'll be there! I expect we'll the OSU/FSU balance to be about the same as it was for the Cotton Bowl!

Tons of students should be there!

Jersey Boss
08-22-2014, 03:29 PM
Hard to make the trip to Dallas from NYC :cool:

But I just heard that TBP got Jerry Jones to drop the student ticket price for the game to $20. I doubt they'll be checking for student IDs in Dallas, so if you know a student and don't mind sitting in the upper deck, get them to buy you one of these deep discount tickets. Excited to see Jerry-World filled with bright orange!

That's about 25% of what they charge to park.

codyt
08-27-2014, 07:48 AM
What are everyone's expectations/predictions for OSU in week 1? I don't expect to win by any means, and I will be surprised/pleased if the Cowboys can finish within two touchdowns of the 'Noles. But this young team has a lot of upside, so I hope to see more signs of good things to come on the field thanr forehead-slapping moments (see last year vs. WVU...).

My prediction is FSU - 42, OSU - 27, with one touchdown coming on a Tyreek Hill kickoff return.

jerrywall
08-27-2014, 08:02 AM
One thing I like is that there really is no downside for OSU in week one, short of a devastating blowout. Everyone has low expectations (Florida being a 17 pt favorite last time I checked). So if OSU loses, it's an early season loss against a top rated team, and a game they expected to lose. However, if it's close at all, it will shatter some expectations for both OSU and FSU. And, if I'm FSU I'm thinking about the last time OSU went into a game as major underdogs (Baylor).

Filthy
08-27-2014, 08:44 AM
I will admit to being a die hard OU fan...but I personally cant wait to see this Tyreke Hill guy carry the rock. From everything I've heard...he is going to be ELECTRIC!!

codyt
08-27-2014, 08:50 AM
I will admit to being a die hard OU fan...but I personally cant wait to see this Tyreke Hill guy carry the rock. From everything I've heard...he is going to be ELECTRIC!!

I tend to hold back my hope for these high-hype guys that haven't seen a down of D1 football yet.... but speed is speed, and if this guy can get some open field he will be gone.

Filthy
08-27-2014, 02:29 PM
I tend to hold back my hope for these high-hype guys that haven't seen a down of D1 football yet.... but speed is speed, and if this guy can get some open field he will be gone.

I would agree, as every year we hear about how this guy will be the next this or that. So, I don't want to be the douche bag that says, that I know a guy, that knows a guy...but, I do have a good friend who is a G.A. in Stillwater. And all signs point to this kid being the REAL DEAL.

Studying Okie
08-27-2014, 07:00 PM
I think Tyreek's fastest 40 time was 4.25 seconds? That easily puts him in the top 5 fastest players in FBS football.

jerrywall
08-30-2014, 10:06 PM
A win would have been great, but I think OSU defied expectations today, and had a hell of a game. Proud of em.

AP
08-30-2014, 10:41 PM

You think he lived up to the hype or nah?

Stew
08-31-2014, 07:25 AM
Yeah, yeah OSU beat expectations but once again couldn't make a few key plays in the fourth quarter to win. I think I actually would have felt better if FSU blew them out rather than another teaser. So close...

Urbanized
08-31-2014, 08:41 AM
How often has an unranked team started the season 0-1 and yet moved into the top 25 when the next poll comes out? I think it probably could/should happen after this one, and I say this as an OU fan/alum. Nice game, Aggies.

Bunty
08-31-2014, 12:28 PM
How often has an unranked team started the season 0-1 and yet moved into the top 25 when the next poll comes out? I think it probably could/should happen after this one, and I say this as an OU fan/alum. Nice game, Aggies.

The higher OSU ranks, the more an OU win against them will mean.

Urbanized
09-01-2014, 09:05 AM
LOL is that how that works? I had no idea...

bucfan1512
09-02-2014, 06:29 AM
Proud of the team that showed up this week. But yet I am still worried who will show for the next two games and if they will bring that same mindset with them.

OKCretro
09-02-2014, 08:21 AM
never seen a fanbase so high after riding a 3 game losing streak in football

AP
09-02-2014, 09:12 AM
^
Thank you! Your positive contributions really keep us all going!

td25er
09-02-2014, 10:18 AM
never seen a fanbase so high after riding a 3 game losing streak in football

Nobody is riding high after losing. At least OSU fans can count to 3. 75% of OU fans are toothless rednecks who didn't go to college.

Richard at Remax
09-02-2014, 10:26 AM
I would say most of us OU fans can at least count to 7

codyt
09-02-2014, 10:39 AM
I would say most of us OU fans can at least count to 7

Can we not turn this thread into a Bedlam/Flame thread? My god, the OU game is almost 3 months away. Let's keep the *****-measuring at a minimum until then.

Anyway. I'm excited for this next week's game against Missouri State so we can really see our team come together and unleash the weapons we have. The speed of Hill + Glidden is going to be a nightmare for any team to defend this year. I'm predicting OSU 59 - 10 Missouri State, with 2 missed Ben Grogran chip shot field goals and no points for MSU until the 4th quarter.

Filthy
09-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Nobody is riding high after losing. At least OSU fans can count to 3. 75% of OU fans are toothless rednecks who didn't go to college.

It's sad that his thread had to already take a nasty turn. Lets all try to stay on the classy side of things. In regards to your actual statement, do you have any literature to back up your 75% claim? Do you have a link, or a source to quote?

I do find it somewhat interesting though, being that this is always the first drivel out of an any offended cowboy fans mouth. On the surface it would seem to be an insult, but in all reality it is actually a backhanded compliment. You see......."Fandom" is created by something that is successful. Something that is popular, and something that everyone wants to be a part of. It's a natural phenomenon.

Fandom comes from Success.

OSU fans always want to be quick to point out, that they "actually went to OSU" and that's why they're a fan. Well, there is absolutely no reason to be an OSU fan if you didn't actually attend school there. None at all. So...yes, we know that you all actually went to school there.

jerrywall
09-02-2014, 01:03 PM
How nice, the OU guys who come into the OSU thread and toss out OSU insults first, then call for class and civility. Gee.... thanks big brother.

jerrywall
09-02-2014, 01:04 PM

Well, didn't get into the top 25 on either poll, but close. It shouldn't take much for OSU to move into the top 25.

kevinpate
09-02-2014, 05:10 PM
FWIW, I hope the Pokes kick butt and take names in most every game this season, and the next, and the next, etc. ... excluding the annual OU game of course.

codyt
09-04-2014, 08:42 AM
You think he lived up to the hype or nah?

12 incredible Tyreek Hill GIFs - Blogs - ocolly.com (http://m.ocolly.com/blogs/article_9381a728-325d-11e4-81e7-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm)

Anonymous.
09-26-2014, 07:40 AM
Hell of an arm on that Garman boy.

onthestrip
09-26-2014, 08:30 AM
Hell of an arm on that Garman boy.

Well they certainly put it on display, with 30+ yard bombs down the sideline every other play...

Martin
09-26-2014, 08:40 AM
that was such a sloppy game all around... kingsbury's facial expressions were priceless. -M

ljbab728
11-16-2014, 01:07 AM
Even though I'm an OU fan this is not good news for the Big 12. We need OSU to be competitive. This year seems to be lost and I'm not sure that next year looks much better.

Oklahoma State football: With loss to Texas, Cowboys are playing their worst football in a decade | NewsOK.com (http://m.newsok.com/oklahoma-state-football-with-loss-to-texas-cowboys-are-playing-their-worst-football-in-a-decade/article/5367451)

OKCretro
11-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Once again the OU game will be OSU's bowl game.

Stickman
12-06-2014, 05:28 PM
POKES
Once again the OU game will be OSU's bowl game.
This was our bowl game!
:Smiley122

Anonymous.
12-06-2014, 06:22 PM
About time OSU gets the better end of a close one. They were due!

Dustin
12-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Bedlam - a scene of uproar and confusion.

Yup.

AP
12-06-2014, 07:02 PM
I'm on top of the world.

Laramie
12-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Bedlam
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSH4KtuOt2looNSW6XIXIC2S6GRezVPI 66zWLzst2QSdZ38CC_b
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4BcKm55H2WP-h9po_sHG-eocJVSvEdctGepld-idjHgm5Eq4xzQ https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIS3dTPG1xZFFYkYbwJ8opUEy8BBtl7 MhDPbFu24zCkqNyW1Sc
OU's fate was sealed in this game...

Got to give it up to http://www.okctalk.com/images/icons/osu.png Oklahoma State Cowboys; they took this game to the Oklahoma Sooners http://www.okctalk.com/images/icons/ou.pngin Norman.

The Stoops Brothers & Heupel should be shaking in they boots after that loss; they had Mike Gundy's staff on their backs and couldn't put them away.

Hope, Samaje Perine is healthy and ready to go bowling--he deserves to be rewarded. OU went to the well just too often calling on Perine.

OKCisOK4me
12-06-2014, 08:34 PM
I worked today.

kevinpate
12-06-2014, 08:37 PM
I worked today.

So did both teams. Nice freaking return by the Pokes player near the end of the 4th. Darn it. :)

OKCisOK4me
12-06-2014, 09:01 PM
I chose to work today because I needed an excuse not to watch the game. I'm on call this week and it's not a game I can watch without being able to have more than a lil something in me. I don't regret my decision regardless of the outcome.

OSUMom
12-06-2014, 10:43 PM
So did both teams. Nice freaking return by the Pokes player near the end of the 4th. Darn it. :)

Tyrek Hill is a freak. And I mean that in the nicest way possible. :D

CuatrodeMayo
12-07-2014, 12:47 AM
I'm happy :)

stick47
12-07-2014, 06:09 AM
Epic win that will bring in some more quality recruits to the program. Mike Gundy just gave an eye poke to every doubter.

Spartan
12-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Why did Mason Rudolph not start sooner? All three were supposedly close (in Gundy's eyes) in the preseason, which makes you wonder how much further along Rudolph could be at this point. Did this season really have to be a rebuilding year?

And now we're going to do it again next year because we will have JW Walsh returning from medical absence, Mason Rudolph, and Daxx Garman all returning. And probably (almost surely) a new offensive coordinator. Gundy's track record with quarterback decisions is that he has always made the wrong one: Aso Pogi over Josh Fields, Bobby Reid over Zac Robinson, Alex Cate (and Zac Robinson) over Brandon Weeden, Wes Lunt over Clint Chelf, and now Daxx Garman over Mason Rudolph. It's a breathtaking track record of coaching failure, that I'm amazed our teams have historically overcome.

Gundy is an idiot to be honest, gutsy Bedlam salvation notwithstanding. I love seeing the Sooner fans griping and chastising over Stoops, but it doesn't match reality where the Pokes have it much worse. Our reality is that we are stuck with Gundy because nobody else will hire him away, no matter how much he likes to pretend to the contrary.

OSUMom
12-07-2014, 01:43 PM
I would think that once you make a decision to red shirt a freshman it takes quite a bit to go back on that. Probably why it took so long. He couldn't just throw him out there to see how he would do without destroying an entire year of eligibility later on.

Spartan
12-07-2014, 02:26 PM
But he waited until the last two games not because he thought Rudolph would provide a spark, but instead because Garman was injured and we just needed a uniform to throw out there to get slaughtered at Baylor.

There is no excuse for burning that redshirt (read: year of eligibility) so late and thus giving Rudolph basically a wasted season. For that matter, this Bedlam win is more redemption for him, rather than Gundy.

stratosphere
12-07-2014, 03:50 PM
But he waited until the last two games not because he thought Rudolph would provide a spark, but instead because Garman was injured and we just needed a uniform to throw out there to get slaughtered at Baylor.

There is no excuse for burning that redshirt (read: year of eligibility) so late and thus giving Rudolph basically a wasted season. For that matter, this Bedlam win is more redemption for him, rather than Gundy.

If Gundy was smart he would have started Rudolph much earlier in the season after Walsh was injured. Then again, this is Gundy we are talking about. Nice win for the Pokes but i cant wait to see my dear coworkers tomorrow who will walk around like they've all won the lottery or something. Its always entertaining...well...every few years i guess. ;)

stick47
12-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Talent like Rudolph has shown doesn't play 4 years of college ball these days.

OKCretro
12-12-2014, 08:50 AM
should be interesting to read all the old posts from OSU fans about Mixon....

AP
12-12-2014, 08:53 AM
Doesn't change my view on the subject. I hope Gundy kicks him off the team.

Anonymous.
12-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Pitchforks before conviction? Stay true, America.

CuatrodeMayo
12-12-2014, 09:15 AM
If the the accusations are proven true, then he should be immediately dismissed from the program and should face the appropriate charges.

AP
12-12-2014, 09:19 AM
Pitchforks before conviction? Stay true, America.

I'm certain you understood my meaning.

jerrywall
12-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Uhg. There goes a bowl win.

Anonymous.
12-12-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm certain you understood my meaning.

No, I don't. Because what you posted sounds like everything you see on any social media today. Simple crowd-pleaser response before knowing any details on something, including a definitive solution with no mention of "if found true" or you know - the thing that actually matters in America, "if convicted".

Not trying to bust your balls, personally - but this is the norm in the internet era - and I believe it is wrong.

bucfan1512
12-12-2014, 10:13 AM
should be interesting to read all the old posts from OSU fans about Mixon....

I never commented on the Joe Mixon incident on the forum. However I can say that what I was saying should have happened then to Mixon to friends who asked should also happen to Hill after the investigation has finished. Tyreek Hill should be removed from the team.

Football should not put anyone on a pedestal so high that he is above the law. No matter how talented is.

Laramie
12-12-2014, 10:23 AM
The incident with Tyreek Hill needs to take its course; he deserves due process...

jerrywall
12-12-2014, 11:00 AM
The incident with Tyreek Hill needs to take its course; he deserves due process...

Which is funny, because I went to check what was posted about Mixon, and folks were saying the same things (including OSU fans).

Laramie
12-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Which is funny, because I went to check what was posted about Mixon, and folks were saying the same things (including OSU fans).

What's funny? Mixon received his due process, let's move on.

Are you implying that Tyreek Hill doesn't deserve due process?