View Full Version : Major Biker Gangs in OKC

Prunepicker
08-19-2014, 01:53 AM
I was a part of the Biker culture some 40 years ago. Being seen wasn't
something that was wanted unless it was a protest.

Lately I've seen recruits riding around the OKC area of the Bandidos
and Outlaws. Has anyone else noticed this? They've been riding
solo which isn't a common thing to my knowledge. Riding in pairs
provided a witness.

Urbanized
08-19-2014, 06:45 AM
I'm interested in this. Are you saying in the old days if a guy was riding solo he rode without colors? Age how are you discerning that the guys you are seeing are recruits? Does this mean the ones you're seeing are wearing colors but aren't full-patch? Are they wearing a supporter patch? I'm not 100% sure how all of that works.

Like I said, I'm interested. Not in getting close to biker culture, which I'm surely not looking to do, but these days I do go to a lot of places that put me in proximity with these guys and would like to be aware of my surroundings if nothing else.

CuatrodeMayo
08-19-2014, 09:15 AM
I didn't know biker gangs were still a "thing".

kelroy55
08-19-2014, 09:37 AM

Sure they are

http://www.eatsleeplivefilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Every-Which-Way-But-Loose-1978-John-Quade-pic-6-e1338473625347.jpg

jerrywall
08-19-2014, 09:40 AM
Bandidos are not a gang. They're a riding club.

SYLB.

AP
08-19-2014, 09:48 AM
LOL bikers

Hollywood
08-19-2014, 11:28 AM

They are making a comeback in the region. Seen Bandidos, Mongols and Outlaws as of late. The Mongols are involved in the stabbing on The Strip in Stillwater recently.

OKCisOK4me
08-19-2014, 11:31 AM
Yep, my lead technician even has a black yellow and red SYLB tshirt.

There are also the Mongols.

mkjeeves
08-19-2014, 11:39 AM
I can't remember where it was but I saw a Boozefighters cut somewhere locally just the other day. I had not heard of them before and had to look them up.

Bike riders in leather usually give me a chuckle recalling when some standup comedian commented they were mostly dentists in their off time.

kelroy55
08-19-2014, 01:07 PM
They are making a comeback in the region. Seen Bandidos, Mongols and Outlaws as of late. The Mongols are involved in the stabbing on The Strip in Stillwater recently.

The Bandido's, Mongols and Outlaws have been around for quite a while in the OKC area.

rezman
08-19-2014, 02:52 PM
http://youtu.be/zSvwmgWCJ2s
I can't remember where it was but I saw a Boozefighters cut somewhere locally just the other day. I had not heard of them before and had to look them up.

Bike riders in leather usually give me a chuckle recalling when some standup comedian commented they were mostly dentists in their off time.

Wild Hogs Baby!

OKCRT
08-19-2014, 04:54 PM
Have you ever heard of the "Laffing Devils" I seen someone wearing a cut off jean jacket with that on the back of it a couple weeks ago riding down the new I-40.

kevinpate
08-19-2014, 04:59 PM
Have you ever heard of the "Laffing Devils" I seen someone wearing a cut off jean jacket with that on the back of it a couple weeks ago riding down the new I-40.

As in:
Bikers Of America, Know Your Rights!: Laffing Devils War Of Words (http://bikersofamerica.blogspot.com/2012/05/laffing-devils-war-of-words.html)

Not a clue.

jerrywall
08-19-2014, 05:10 PM

Laffing Devils are a riding club, but not an outlaw (1%) club like the big three. They're a one or two patch support club.

OKCRT
08-19-2014, 05:12 PM
Those Laffing Devils look like a pretty rough & tough bunch. Seriously though,they are trying to make a tv show? I didn't think they would want to draw attention to themselves. But I assume if they are a riding club then they prob aren't doing anything illegal and aren't too worried about the cops knowing who they are.

kevinpate
08-19-2014, 06:15 PM
If a group of outlaw street racers can have a small town collection of LEO's running security on a closed road for a show, I suppose an MC can manage to have a show as well.

bluedogok
08-19-2014, 08:06 PM
There was a guy shot and killed at a pizza joint on Research in North Austin about 8 or so years ago who was a known recruiter for the Hell's Angels, it was always suspected it was a Bandidos hit as there were a few altercations between them before the hit. The Bandidos are known to run the Central Texas region in that world.

My only contact with them was I was riding down near Wimberly/Canyon Lake and pulled into Riley's on the Backbone (just down the road from the Devils Backbone road) for a Coke. I pulled my Triumph in between a Shadow and a few Harley's, including two new ones. The riders of the new ones were going to their bikes when I said "nice bike" (it was a beautiful black cherry color) and he didn't respond, just looked at me kind of weird. They had the garage doors up on the front and all of a sudden heard a guy in a Bandidos vest started jawing at them for not responding to my compliment, they just tried to get out of there in a hurry. I went to the bar and got my Coke and walked back out where the guy with the Shadow, the Bandido and a guy who pulled up in an old pickup were looking at my bike and then started asking questions, the old guy said he used to race Triumphs at flat tracks around Texas. The Bandido started going off (good naturally with us) on the RUBS (that just left) driving up the price of Harley's for his brothers. We finished our conversation and wished each other well and I took off headed for the Devil's Backbone and saw the two other riders who had just left parked at the rest stop on the top of the Backbone.

Prunepicker
08-19-2014, 08:29 PM
I'm interested in this. Are you saying in the old days if a guy was riding solo
he rode without colors?
No. Just that pairs were more common.

... how are you discerning that the guys you are seeing are recruits? Does
this mean the ones you're seeing are wearing colors but aren't full-patch?
Are they wearing a supporter patch? I'm not 100% sure how all of that works.
Right, they aren't wearing the full blown colors. Just the name and city. Come to
think of it the Bandido wore full colors.

Mel
08-19-2014, 08:44 PM
The Sons of Anarchy will be riding through about 9/9/14.

Urbanized
08-19-2014, 09:11 PM
No. Just that pairs were more common.

Right, they aren't wearing the full blown colors. Just the name and city. Come to
think of it the Bandido wore full colors.

Gotcha. I've seen a number of full-patch Outlaws around lately, including at a Dropkick Murphy's show at Diamond a few months back. I'm not sure why I was surprised to see them there other than I think of that as mostly a skinhead scene. I've seen one or two Bandidos, but not many.

Urbanized
08-19-2014, 09:18 PM

As in the CAST of Sons of Anarchy? LOL...will Peggy Bundy be there?

Midtowner
08-21-2014, 12:17 PM
I have a good buddy who is a member of the Iron Plainsmen club. They're mostly current or former LEOs (or I think that's exactly what they are made of). They do a lot of great things to the community. They were prominent in the news a while back when they organized and helped run crowd control at the counter protest to the Westboro folks after the Moore tornado. They give thousands and thousands of dollars to charity. The vast majority of motorcycle clubs are really good groups of folks. But yes, there are also clubs which are basically criminal organizations.

kelroy55
08-21-2014, 12:18 PM
Hence the 1% label

trousers
08-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Gotcha. I've seen a number of full-patch Outlaws around lately, including at a Dropkick Murphy's show at Diamond a few months back. I'm not sure why I was surprised to see them there other than I think of that as mostly a skinhead scene. I've seen one or two Bandidos, but not many.

A lot of the older OKC skinheads drifted into the greaser & biker scenes.

Prunepicker
08-21-2014, 08:51 PM
Really? I tried watching it thought it was fairly good until the episode where
the guy with "a quirk" appeared then I quit watching. I might start watching
it if he's gone and someone knows which episode to start on.

bluedogok
08-21-2014, 09:00 PM
I have a good buddy who is a member of the Iron Plainsmen club. They're mostly current or former LEOs (or I think that's exactly what they are made of). They do a lot of great things to the community. They were prominent in the news a while back when they organized and helped run crowd control at the counter protest to the Westboro folks after the Moore tornado. They give thousands and thousands of dollars to charity. The vast majority of motorcycle clubs are really good groups of folks. But yes, there are also clubs which are basically criminal organizations.
Yep, you have a lot of groups that do good works and have fun while they are doing it. I know many in Texas who participate in the Patriot Guard Riders and some Blue Knights (law enforcement riders) and the Christian Motorcyclists Association among some others. They are very active in toy runs and such in the Central Texas area toy runs like Brown Santa (Travis County Sheriffs Office) and Blue Santa (Austin PD).