View Full Version : Lake Eufaula

Zuplar
08-10-2014, 12:52 PM
My wife and I have been considering getting a lake place at Lake Eufaula. We have looked at a few options such as buying a lot and putting a travel trailer on it temporarily then building, or buying something existing. The problem is right now it seems that buying something that isn't completely run down is out of the budget, and most of the lots need utilities ran to them, which gets pricey, and the lots IMO aren't all that cheap if you want something remotely close to the water. Which brings me to my next thought, awhile back I stayed at a friends parents place at Eufaula where they were essentially leasing an RV lot. Instead of the usual few days to weeks stay, the leases were 6 months or a year. A lot of people actually leased so long they built decks around their RV. Now IMO this would probably be a temporary thing, I'm thinking 5 years until we could get what we really want, but the problem is I'm having a hard time finding these places around the lake. I remember the one they were staying at and have come across another one, but just curious if anyone knows of more of these places? It seems like with most stuff around the lake it's not advertised well on the internet, and you have to know people in the area to find out info. Any help would be appreciated.