View Full Version : The Good News Thread

MadMonk
08-06-2014, 08:41 AM
These can be fun. Share some good news that you get. I'll start.

My son will not need braces for another year. Here's a pic of him coming out of the orthodontist's office this morning.
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/c8/25/1a/c8251a9b8aa92ffddaa9b20d12a7b5ba.jpg

And drinks are on me tonight! :cheersmf::drunk:

Now I've got to figure out what to do with all the flexible spending account money I've got put back for them.

Dennis Heaton
08-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Good News...I FINALLY got the full amount of my monthly Social Security Retirement Benefit on my 4th Check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJOjTNuuEVw

CuatrodeMayo
08-06-2014, 11:59 AM
I found out over the weekend that I passed my final registration exam. Once I fill out the paperwork (and submit fees, of course) I'll be a real architect.

*happy dance*

MadMonk
08-06-2014, 12:04 PM
I found out over the weekend that I passed my final registration exam. Once I fill out the paperwork (and submit fees, of course) I'll be a real architect.

*happy dance*
Congrats!

Roger S
08-06-2014, 12:06 PM
I woke up this morning.... That's usually the best news of the day for me!

kelroy55
08-06-2014, 12:45 PM

and above ground

Dennis Heaton
08-06-2014, 01:51 PM

*happy dance*

And may you be as prosperous as Frank Lloyd Wright, but in your own way, of course. Congrats!

P.S. I still have my T-Square from High School (1960's), when we used to design with "pencils."

Dennis Heaton
08-06-2014, 01:53 PM

LOL!! That, and not drowning in the middle of the night when I wake up and gotta go to the bathroom!!!

MadMonk
08-06-2014, 02:20 PM
And may you be as prosperous as Frank Lloyd Wright, but in your own way, of course. Congrats!

P.S. I still have my T-Square from High School (1960's), when we used to design with "pencils."
LOL, I've got a whole box of old drafting stuff. Stencils, a T-square, 3-sided scales, Staedtler Mars pencils and leads, etc. I was more of a mechanical drafter (in school). My father in law was a pipe draftsman for Phillips petroleum for 30+ years. He has a HUGE, beautiful wood drafting table that I covet and that's used as a computer desk now.

CuatrodeMayo
08-06-2014, 03:46 PM
I've always partial to a parallel bar.

rezman
08-06-2014, 03:50 PM
Over the last couple days, there have been two different families who's kids had lemonade stands set up in our neighborhood. My daughter and I stopped by one of them today, right down the street from our place and bought two refreshing cups.

It's cool to still see kids getting out and learning those basic entrepreneurial lessons, and their parents right out there with them.

Dennis Heaton
08-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Over the last couple days, there have been two different families who's kids had lemonade stands set up in our neighborhood. My daughter and I stopped by one of them today, right down the street from our place and bought two refreshing cups.

It's cool to still see kids getting out and learning those basic entrepreneurial lessons, and their parents right out there with them.

rezman...watch out for these kiddos!! LOL!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE9GRfLYn4g

rezman
08-07-2014, 04:47 AM
rezman...watch out for these kiddos!! LOL!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE9GRfLYn4g

Future auto finance managers ... "Would you like an extended warranty with this? ... "Tires for life? ... How about scotch guard protection for the seats ?

RadicalModerate
08-07-2014, 07:09 AM
"Oh . . . You want a cup with your lemonade . . . (we use only premium, organic cups. they're biodegradable.)"

silvergrove
08-13-2014, 09:41 AM
A review article we submitted, got accepted, and published so that's good news for me! Now for job offers...