View Full Version : The Boz

ljbab728
08-04-2014, 11:25 PM
He wants to go back to college. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sypZwmxePE4

Achilleslastand
08-04-2014, 11:26 PM
Anything to keep him out of acting..............

ljbab728
08-04-2014, 11:33 PM
Anything to keep him out of acting..............
He's just as good at acting as Heath Shuler and Matt Leinart. LOL

Achilleslastand
08-04-2014, 11:47 PM
You mean acting at impersonating an actual NFL player i assume.

ljbab728
08-04-2014, 11:55 PM
You mean acting at impersonating an actual NFL player i assume.

I mean both ways.

BBatesokc
08-05-2014, 06:48 AM
Personally, I think he's a heck of guy.... at least based on the short time I knew and worked with him in the early 90's. I was contracted by him to do marketing for the non-profit he represented back then - Boz's Kids. He didn't take himself very seriously and made more jokes about the handful of movies he'd done by that time than his critics did. He was pretty stubborn, but a genuinely nice guy. Plus, I like the way he thought and handled his critics - Ex: printing his own "What's a Boz worth? Nothing!" t-shirts that were bought by the thousands by unsuspecting detractors.

RadicalModerate
08-05-2014, 08:23 AM
My wife, from Minnesota, a cold state, not noted for notable college football teams (on account of it is a Major League State, with at least two Major League Cities right next to each other) caught that ad, by accident, on TV last night.

Even she--the laugher and scoffer at college football--vaguely understood the reference to The Boz.

I've never been to a Vikings or a Twins game, but I did get to sit in the stands, down in Norman, on several crisp autumn afternoons when the Boz was the baddest linebacker ever and OU was the most kick-ass college football team on the scene. Plus, on one trip up there I got caught at the edge of the pre-traffic jam leaving a Vikings game and on another visit saw The Old And The New Homes of The Twins.

I have never attended OU or OSU--except for football games-- . . . yet, I still remember, even from much earlier than the events related to The Boz commercial, how OU would visit Boulder about once a year and, even then, somehow managed to run The Buffalos into the ground. =)

All of this causes me to question my semi-entrenched, pre-conceived notion that--unless you are betting on them--"spectator sports" are a vicarious outlet for pussies and wusses . . .

Oh! And for all the Ebert and Siskel wannabees in here, remember the old saying: "No statue was ever erected to a critic." and that other one . . . "A good defense is the best offense" [and vice-versa?] =)

Urbanized
08-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Hey, now, the Minnesota Golden Gophers have a proud (if ancient) football tradition, including multiple national titles. If nothing else, they gave us Bronko Nagurski and Bud Wilkinson. Tony Dungy too, for that matter.

RadicalModerate
08-05-2014, 08:37 AM
I think The Golden Gophers actually won some big bowl game back before the invention of electricity.
Being Minnesota Nice, they probably felt guilty and apologized.

If I were a betting man, I'd put some money on the fact/conjecture that no post in here, negatively criticizing The Boz and his talents on the gridiron, will still be under discussion in the future . . . most not even until next week. =)

hoya
08-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Holy crap I didn't even recognize Leinart.

From what I understand the Boz has always had a great sense of humor and has been willing to make fun of himself. And Stone Cold is still a guilty pleasure of mine. :)

bluedogok
08-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Stone Cold was a good movie for what it was, a B-Grade gang/cop movie.

He was always a nice, at times somewhat shy guy off the field when he was at OU. It really was like he had a public/football persona that was "The Boz" and then there was Brian the rest of the time. He was also very intelligent and pretty shrewd at marketing being one of the first college players who marketed himself and did pretty well off the field in the NFL.