View Full Version : Bristol Palin in the news...again

Dennis Heaton
08-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol fighting for more child support from Levi Johnston | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2714084/Bristol-Palin-fighting-child-support-Levi-Johnston-earning-ZERO-income-two-years.html)

venture
08-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Has she tried getting a real job?

gjl
08-04-2014, 05:28 PM
It wouldn't matter if she made a million dollars a year. Levi Johnston should be paying child support. You help bring a child into this world, you help pay to support it. And if he's not, he is just another dead beat dad.

Chadanth
08-04-2014, 05:35 PM
It wouldn't matter if she made a million dollars a year. Levi Johnston should be paying child support. You help bring a child into this world, you help pay to support it. And if he's not, he is just another dead beat dad.

He does pay child support, but she wants $1750/ month and backdated almost two years. That seems excessive to me, considering he only have 62k last year. Perhaps she should consider getting a job as well.

gjl
08-04-2014, 06:16 PM
He does pay child support, but she wants $1750/ month and backdated almost two years. That seems excessive to me, considering he only have 62k last year. Perhaps she should consider getting a job as well.

Did you tell that to all the people drawing unemployment for 2 years??

BrettM2
08-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Nm

venture
08-04-2014, 06:25 PM

So with him actually paying child support, are you going to take back what you said?

Mel
08-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Maybe every state needs it's own local version of "E" Tv.

Chadanth
08-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Did you tell that to all the people drawing unemployment for 2 years??

Yes

gjl
08-04-2014, 08:03 PM
So with him actually paying child support, are you going to take back what you said?

Show me where he is paying. Because Chadanth said it it must be true? I googled it and it seems back in 2013 he was 67K behind in support payments and in 2012 he was 38K behind. I came up with nothing definitive where he is currently paying support. And what you want me to take back? Did you not see where I said and if he's not?

And why is this even a story? Lets see, single mom unemployed asking for more child support. How many young single moms in this country does that describe? I know 1 young single mother with 5 kids here in OKC personally that that describes. Hey Chadanth, do you want me to give you her name and number so you can call her and tell her go get a job? I know, because her last name is Palin lets all dump on her. Sounds like Bristol made some good decisions with her money while she was making some like buying a house with cash so her child would have a roof over her head.

It really pisses me off when I hear fathers bitch about having to pay support for kids they brought into this world. And it sickens me that it has to be court ordered.

Levi Johnston must pay back child support - National Sarah Palin | Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/article/levi-johnston-must-pay-back-child-support)

Bristol Palin: Levi Johnston owes me nearly $39,000 in child support* - NY Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/bristol-palin-levi-johnston-owes-thousands-child-support-article-1.1057899)

Bristol Palin -- Levi Johnston ... Quit Hunting and Pay Child Support! | TMZ.com (http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/19/bristol-palin-levi-johnston-tripp-child-support-custody/)

venture
08-05-2014, 12:09 AM
And why is this even a story? Lets see, single mom unemployed asking for more child support. How many young single moms in this country does that describe? I know 1 young single mother with 5 kids here in OKC personally that that describes. Hey Chadanth, do you want me to give you her name and number so you can call her and tell her go get a job? I know, because her last name is Palin lets all dump on her. Sounds like Bristol made some good decisions with her money while she was making some like buying a house with cash so her child would have a roof over her head.

Agree that this shouldn't be a story, but she wanted to be a celebrity and here we are. She made good decisions? I agree that buying a home over paying rent (and getting nothing in return) is a good choice, but she also apparently didn't save for a rainy day.

If he owes child support he needs to pay. However, that doesn't mean she still gets off free by not working for the like 18+ months apparently. There are a lot of young single mothers that are working one or two jobs to make sure they have money to support themselves. Granted I don't see anything saying she is out on the street, so chances are mommy is footing the bills and she probably isn't as broke as some may think.

If he owes, he needs to pay up. She also needs to take responsibility as well and not sit around for 18 months with no job.

BBatesokc
08-05-2014, 04:03 AM
Is this 'news'? Absolutely not. Is it 'celebrity gossip' and fair game? Absolutely.

That said, I didn't read anywhere where Bristol's finances were itemized out - so, in reality, we have no idea how she is paying her bills nor how much money she actually brings in. She could very well be considered self-employed and simply every dollar is creatively zero'd out as an expense, investment or otherwise not considered income. Or, she could very well be sitting at home, raising her kid and mom is paying her bills. I also didn't read where she disclosed her current assets, bank account balances, etc - which could be paltry or could be hefty. I'm guessing she'll argue that she is self-employed and that she's 'between gigs' right now and that she is her brand and she has to be very choosey about her employment. Not saying its what she 'should' be doing, just guessing that may be her take on it.

Even if it is, if the law allows her to sit at home and the law also stipulates how much Levi should be paying regardless, well, that's on him. He may want her to get a job, but it very well may not mean a hill of beans to a court if she has custody, as long as she can show she provides a good home for their kiddo.

A parent has every right to seek what the law allows - and I also didn't read any legal take on how realistic her chances are of getting $1,750/month in support or how that number came about.

I know here in Oklahoma it really doesn't matter much how much money you want, it's simply a calculation that is applied and the amount is the amount at the end of that calculation.

Chadanth
08-05-2014, 04:08 AM
Show me where he is paying. Because Chadanth said it it must be true? I googled it and it seems back in 2013 he was 67K behind in support payments and in 2012 he was 38K behind. I came up with nothing definitive where he is currently paying support. And what you want me to take back? Did you not see where I said and if he's not?

It really pisses me off when I hear fathers bitch about having to pay support for kids they brought into this world. And it sickens me that it has to be court ordered.

Levi Johnston must pay back child support - National Sarah Palin | Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/article/levi-johnston-must-pay-back-child-support)

Bristol Palin: Levi Johnston owes me nearly $39,000 in child support* - NY Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/bristol-palin-levi-johnston-owes-thousands-child-support-article-1.1057899)

Bristol Palin -- Levi Johnston ... Quit Hunting and Pay Child Support! | TMZ.com (http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/19/bristol-palin-levi-johnston-tripp-child-support-custody/)

From the OP article:

Johnston made $62,400 in 2014 and $39,067.25 the year before, according to the paperwork. His wages are currently being garnished 40% as he works to pay his outstanding bills.

kelroy55
08-05-2014, 08:36 AM

Ahhh The Examiner, NY Daily and TMZ... the pillars of journalism *lol*

The Examiner article is 4 years old
The NY DailyNews one is 2 years old
TMZ is over a year old

Dennis Heaton
08-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Just a Note: I saw this article about Bristol Palin on another forum that discusses child support, visitation, and alienation. This kind of thing happens in Oklahoma (as it does elsewhere) every single day.

gjl
08-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Ahhh The Examiner, NY Daily and TMZ... the pillars of journalism *lol*

The Examiner article is 4 years old
The NY DailyNews one is 2 years old
TMZ is over a year old

So you will come in here and support a dead beat dad to further your personal vendetta against me. That is outstanding.

That goes for you too venture.

kelroy55
08-05-2014, 10:10 AM
So you will come in here and support a dead beat dad to further your personal vendetta against me. That is outstanding.

Were did I say anything like that? I just pointed out your 'sources' were tabloids and were old news. I have no vendetta towards you or anybody else, I'm merely pointing out your frequent posting bad or old links that are not contributing to the conversation. If you feel persecuted then you might want to look at the stuff you post as the cause.

venture
08-05-2014, 12:14 PM

You flatter yourself if you think there is a personal vendetta against you. If anything, you work to attract such attention with such a negative, abrasive, and near trolling attitude on this forum for the time you have been here - not even a year yet.

I don't see anyone supporting a deadbeat dad. If he owes money...he owes money. I also don't think a mother who apparently has no income (which for all we know she just has a great accountant zeroing out her income with expenses) should get a pass from the responsibility of having to care for their child as well.

kelroy55
08-05-2014, 12:55 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXkd_7JOvdIhn-gfgaofC5OooqrcZBUy-hLsajjchE_-a9Qbk7

Midtowner
08-05-2014, 01:12 PM
Who the hell cares?

Child support is about as undramatic as these things get. If she's entitled to more support and can prove it, power to her. It'll be interesting to see how she could get away with asserting zero income, but I only say that as a lawyer who handles child support cases on occasion because I don't really see how that's going to happen.

Count me in as very excited to hear TMZ reporting on the technicalities of child support enforcement law in Arizona.

Dennis Heaton
08-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Midtowner...I can't help but wonder, in the absence of "no income" will the court/child support office apply the "minimum wage" standard in her case?

Midtowner
08-05-2014, 02:10 PM
I only practice in Oklahoma, so I can't answer for how they do things in Arizona. But as for here, a lot will depend on lawyering and discovery. If, for example, she has a trust fund which pays for her house, car, etc., that is all income and attributable to her. If her parents give her money, that's income, etc. Also, in Oklahoma, we could look back three years and average those three years. There are lots of ways to do it and I'm assuming her legal representation and that of the dad will do an adequate job.

kelroy55
08-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Bristol Sheeran Marie Palin is an advocate of sexual abstinence for unmarried teens, and a paid speaker on the subject of teen pregnancy, she has an estimated net worth of $1 million.

She was born in Wasilla, Alaska, daughter of former Alaska Governor, Sarah Palin.

Bristol Palin has earned her net worth from performing on the 2010 season of Dancing with the Stars, and as speaker of teen pregnancy. In April 2011 it was reported that Palin was paid more than $262,000 by the Candie’s Foundation for her work in 2009 as Abstinence Ambassador. Her duties as a paid spokeswoman involved attending town hall meetings and giving interviews on morning talk shows.

Palin works on the speakers’ circuit asking between $15,000 and $30,000 for each appearance. She has signed with Single Source Speakers and is listed on their website as available for conferences, fundraisers, special events and holidays, as well as women’s, youth, abstinence and pro-life programs.

Palin formed BSMP, a lobbying, public relations and political consulting services firm.While her initial focus is working with Candie’s Foundation.She also appeared in an episode of the ABC Family network series,’ The Secret Life of the American Teenager’.\

Bristol Palin Net Worth - TheRichest (http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/journalist/bristol-palin-net-worth/)

BBatesokc
08-05-2014, 02:25 PM
She may have some perceived earning potential, but to place her net worth at $1 million is absurd - especially considering it doesn't appear to be built on a foundation of a single tangible asset.

She's a fad, not an actor. What she made three years ago means little as to what she will make in the future.

Chadanth
08-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Bristol Sheeran Marie Palin is an advocate of sexual abstinence for unmarried teens, and a paid speaker on the subject of teen pregnancy, she has an estimated net worth of $1 million.

She was born in Wasilla, Alaska, daughter of former Alaska Governor, Sarah Palin.

Bristol Palin has earned her net worth from performing on the 2010 season of Dancing with the Stars, and as speaker of teen pregnancy. In April 2011 it was reported that Palin was paid more than $262,000 by the Candie’s Foundation for her work in 2009 as Abstinence Ambassador. Her duties as a paid spokeswoman involved attending town hall meetings and giving interviews on morning talk shows.

Palin works on the speakers’ circuit asking between $15,000 and $30,000 for each appearance. She has signed with Single Source Speakers and is listed on their website as available for conferences, fundraisers, special events and holidays, as well as women’s, youth, abstinence and pro-life programs.

Palin formed BSMP, a lobbying, public relations and political consulting services firm.While her initial focus is working with Candie’s Foundation.She also appeared in an episode of the ABC Family network series,’ The Secret Life of the American Teenager’.\

Bristol Palin Net Worth - TheRichest (http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/journalist/bristol-palin-net-worth/)

I doubt she's still worth that, but I don't really care. She should still get a job or find something productive to do. The $1750/mo isn't going to go very far. I also think the amount she is requesting is excessive, although Levi is apparently making good on his obligations, slowly. I don't know what got gjl's panties in a wad, I don't care whose daughter she is.

kelroy55
08-05-2014, 02:33 PM
You may be correct, this one only puts her at half that

Bristol Palin Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth (http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/bristol-palin-net-worth/)

CuatrodeMayo
08-05-2014, 02:52 PM
As long as there isn't a minus sign in front of that number I'd say she is doing alright.

Dennis Heaton
08-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Bristol Sheeran Marie Palin is an advocate of sexual abstinence for unmarried teens...

Lordy, Lordy, Lordy...I want to respond to this so bad!! But, my Momma told me, "If ya can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all."