View Full Version : I-35 police traps

Dungeon Master
08-23-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm sure some have seen them but...

Police on their motorcycles are hanging out under the over passes (in the shade) to catch speeders. Some even ride up the concrete slope of the overpass to better hide their presence making it hard to spot until it's too late. Since I am a law abiding citizen (sometimes) I haven't been caught (yet) but will keep my eye out thru that area of I-35 south of I-40 down to Moore. Just a heads up.
Anywhere else seeing this?

dirtrider73068
08-23-2005, 03:50 PM
In the shade huh? Now they are getting smart, before I just seen him in the open between the concrete barriers pointing his radar gun. I guess the sun got to hot and they moved there location to cooler spot so they coudl chill while catching the hot rodders! lol! Moore is bad about haveing cops and highway patrol hideing along I-35. Poeple just need to slow down and take it easy, we have all hte time in the world to get to where we are going. Most the time I only go 5 over the limit that way its not that exspensive if I get a mean cop plus anything 10 and up is a wreckless driving ticket, plus the speeding fine. I know had it happen only once.

mranderson
08-23-2005, 03:59 PM
These so called "speed traps" are in construction zones. These workers take very high risks to improve our freeways. It is like a school zone. Zero tolerance. These Highway patrol officers are there to protect everyone. If anyone is not happy with them, then either take another route or obey the speed.

Dungeon Master
08-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Sorry mranderson but,

Just south of I-40 on I-35 is NOT a construction zone. The construction zone is south of I-240 on I-35.
I'm not saying I don't like it. I'm just letting other know (if they didn't already know) of whats going on.

karlanee
08-23-2005, 05:54 PM
The OKC Police have been doing this for quite some time under the Britton overpass on Broadway Extention. They also do it sometimes on Hefner Parkway too.

Sneaky, sneaky.