View Full Version : Future Boathouse District Developments

ChrisHayes
07-31-2014, 07:31 PM
I went down to the Boathouse District a couple weeks ago, and got to wondering if there's been any speculation as to any other possible developments down there beyond the next boathouse and the whitewater facility (something I'm looking forward to). I don't know how much land is available for development down there though. Anyone have any ideas of anything that could be put in down there after the whitewater is done?

Snowman
07-31-2014, 07:55 PM
I went down to the Boathouse District a couple weeks ago, and got to wondering if there's been any speculation as to any other possible developments down there beyond the next boathouse and the whitewater facility (something I'm looking forward to). I don't know how much land is available for development down there though. Anyone have any ideas of anything that could be put in down there after the whitewater is done?

After the CHK boathouse and whitewater parts; the next things that are fairly likely are OU's boathouse and the Sandridge Pavilion (has an artificial surf center and what will be the largest classroom/conference-room on the campus). Some that might or might not happen with MAPS3 are a windscreen and grandstand depending on how much the whitewater center takes to build. Various versions of the master plan indicate an interest in building a hotel, a basketball court, a tennis court, some more biking things north of the parking north of the parking off 6th, some stairs/elevators between the river trails up/down to the pedestrian part of Lincoln bridge and a building off 4th at the boat slip for canoe training camps. From the last master plan I saw the only areas with nothing penciled in was half of what is between 4th & 5th and north of 4th.

Pete
07-31-2014, 07:55 PM
If you haven't seen it, just yesterday I put together an extensive summary of all the planned projects here:

Boathouse Row - OKCTalk (http://www.okctalk.com/showwiki.php?title=Boathouse+Row)

In addition to the indoor surf park and whitewater facility to come -- in addition to the zip line, para fitness course, playground, etc. -- there are also general plans for a bike track and basketball and volleyball courts:

http://www.okctalk.com/attachments/development-buildings/8797d1406749837-boathouse-row-boathouse42012a.jpg

warreng88
08-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Wasn't there talk of a Great Wolf Lodge type of place down by the river?

Pete
08-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Wasn't there talk of a Great Wolf Lodge type of place down by the river?

That would be in the area marked #11 above.