View Full Version : In Two Years, Denmark's Wind Power Will Be Half the Cost of Fossil Fuels

kelroy55
07-31-2014, 11:18 AM
Wind power is officially the cheapest source of energy in Denmark, according to the nation's government—and by 2016, it claims the electricity whipped up by its newest turbines will be half the price of fossil fuels like coal and natural gas.

In Two Years, Denmark's Wind Power Will Be Half the Cost of Fossil Fuels | Motherboard (http://motherboard.vice.com/read/in-two-years-wind-power-will-be-half-the-cost-of-fossil-fuels-in-denmark)

Bellaboo
07-31-2014, 11:21 AM
I can't read the article (blocked), but I was in Finland 4 years back and the price of gasoline equated to about $8.00 per gallon. Fossil fuel is expensive in Scandanavia.

kelroy55
07-31-2014, 11:24 AM
I think it is in a lot of European countries. I heard it was pretty high in England too. I don't think the wind power will help that unless they get a boatload of Chevy Volts.

Bellaboo
07-31-2014, 12:04 PM
I was in London, Paris, Barcelona and all over Italy the last few years. I remember that Barcelona gas was less than Italy, something like $5 - $6 equivallent per gallon. I don't think I even saw a refueling station in London or Paris.

ctchandler
07-31-2014, 02:15 PM
The price in the London area is about $8.18 per gallon today. Wind power is a lot more feasible when the cost(s) of fossil fuels are so high.
C. T.
p.s The actual cost is 1 pound 27.9 pence for a liter and it takes 3.79 liters to make a gallon. With today's conversion rate (pounds to dollars), one pound is the equivalent of $1.69.

Dubya61
07-31-2014, 03:18 PM
IIRC, the cost of gasoline to the end consumer in most European countries is a lot heavier on tax than we're used to.