View Full Version : Cox internet emails and moving

okc_bel_air
07-29-2014, 07:12 AM
Does Cox offer any type of service when someone moves to another city that does not offer Cox services? Maybe email forwarding for a limited time? I may be moving and my wife and I have had our cox.net emails for 10+ years and need to figure out how to keep them going for a limited time while we start transferring them over to our new email addresses.

Thanks

kelroy55
07-29-2014, 07:18 AM
I would suggest contacting COX to see what they can do.

Cid
07-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Get an email account that isn't tied to your ISP. Solve this now, and for the future.

There is absolutely no reason to have an email account tied to the ISP. Its just one more way they have a hook in you to keep you from changing providers (if even possible in your area).

Gmail. Yahoo. Anything, but your ISP email.

Gmail even offers a Fetcher program that migrates your email from your cox account so you can keep all of your emails in your Gmail, as well as proceed with your new email account.

kelroy55
07-29-2014, 09:59 AM
I've had a Gmail account pretty much since they started it up and that's what I use as my main account.

tfvc.org
08-01-2014, 03:19 PM
What Cid said. I learned this the hard way 14 years ago when I was on netzero and decided to go to a real ISP. I would build that Gmail or Yahoo account now, and send a blanket email to your contacts with your new email address, and put in a signature on your current email address asking people to update their contact list with your new email address and advise that your current will go away as of *date*. Should do the trick. I worked for an ISP for 9 years when I lived in Fl, and never used the ISP's provided email service. You never know when you are going to move or decide to switch companies.