View Full Version : Now Taking Donations

Intrepid
08-23-2005, 08:55 AM
Hello fellow OKCTalkers....

I am now taking donations so that an Ark can be built due to all of this rain!!

Please visit this site to make your online donation:

www.arkforokc.com

Remember, for as little as a cup of coffee per day, you could be helping OKC deal with the rain.

Thank you. :tiphat:

(for those who don't get humor, the above website is purely fictional - as of this posting. if it truly does exist after this posting, I was not the one who did it)

:LolLolLol

PUGalicious
08-23-2005, 09:38 AM
donation on its way... if I could only get the website to work...

:-)

Patrick
08-23-2005, 12:51 PM
Believe it or not, I still don't think we've caught up on rain for the year yet. We were pretty far behind. It's only typical of Oklahoma though to get a lot of rain at once and then not got any for 3 or 4 months! :)

Keith
08-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Believe it or not, I still don't think we've caught up on rain for the year yet. We were pretty far behind. It's only typical of Oklahoma though to get a lot of rain at once and then not got any for 3 or 4 months! :)
For a whole week, I had no lawns to mow because everything was dying. Then, the rain came. Now, I am swamped. Since there have not been very many breaks in the rain in the last 5 or 6 days, I have had to mow a few lawns that were still wet. Last Saturday, I spent 5 hours mowing, weedeating and edging 6 acres, and I still didn't get finished. If I had stayed another 4 hours, I could have finished, however, I had to go to work that afternoon so my time was limited.

I have barely had enough time to log on to the forum and take care of moderator stuff. I haven't posted much in the last several days because I hadn't had time.

Don't get me wrong....I like mowing and making a little extra $$$ on the side, however, it would be nice to have a couple of days without rain.