View Full Version : Seresto flea and tick collar

PennyQuilts
07-24-2014, 07:25 AM
Does anyone have any experience with this? I've been using frontline on my girls, for years, but trying to put it on three uber furry Samoyeds is an ordeal and no mater how careful I am, they end up with sticky residue along their back.

kelroy55
07-24-2014, 07:38 AM
I use Sentry FiproGuard Topical Flea and Tick for Dogs that I get from Amazon and it works good and haven't noticed any sticky residue.

ksearls
07-24-2014, 08:12 AM
Hi PQ, last summer we had a horrible flea problem with our two dogs and cat. Tried everything and nothing was working. Finally purchased the collars for all three and POOF, no fleas. Left them on all winter and then bought new ones in the spring. Have't seen a flea since we started using them. I finally convinced my sister to give it a try a few weeks ago and she saw instant results. Her dog has been really resistant to flea meds & collars in the past but has not had any issue with the Seresto. Highly recommend.

PennyQuilts
07-24-2014, 08:43 AM
Thanks. We don't have much of a flea problem but even one tick worries me. I am going to go ahead and try them out.

boscorama
07-24-2014, 06:41 PM
We've used flea/tick collars for 10 years. Haven't used anything else in that time. New ones twice a year. We're out in the country with several dogs, but no ticks. Before putting them on we spread oil on the skin side of the collar. We'd been buying Zodiac from PetSmart until this year when I tried some from Walmart (Hartz), they work as well.

OKCRT
07-25-2014, 07:28 AM
Those Soresto collars should work well. They have 2 active ingredients. One a synthetic pyrethrin for a quick kill and possible repellent and one that has a transfer effect for longer term residual. It's not quite as good as Fipronyl that is the active ingredient in Frontline but it's the next best thing IMO.