View Full Version : We lost Scout today....

Achilleslastand
07-14-2014, 07:00 PM
After a several month battle with liver cancer our brave wonderful little boy passed away in the front seat on the way to the vet this afternoon. He was the ultimate companion, loyal friend, hell raiser as well as a dog that was second to none. The braveness you displayed these last few months as well as your gusto for life were wonderful.
Even though you were given 110% what you gave back was priceless and shall be forever remembered.
RIP beautiful boy Scout.
I love you....

Achilleslastand
07-14-2014, 07:01 PM

Achilleslastand
07-14-2014, 07:02 PM
Here he is raising cane at Petsmart just a couple of weeks ago.

boscorama
07-14-2014, 07:07 PM
I'm so sorry and I feel your grief.

Plutonic Panda
07-14-2014, 07:12 PM
The worst part about having a dog is loosing him/her. I feel you brother. Sorry for your loss.

PennyQuilts
07-14-2014, 07:39 PM
My heart goes out to you. A lot of us have been down that road and we feel so bad for you and your family. So glad to see that he was still feeling well enough to raise some cane as recent as a couple of weeks go. He is a real cutie and it sounds like he just ate life. What vet helped you with his treatment? It sounds like you gave him every chance and a wonderful life. I am so sorry for your loss.

mugofbeer
07-14-2014, 07:41 PM
My condolences. I am very sorry. So amazing how attached we get to our pets.

Mel
07-14-2014, 07:41 PM
The love you get from your fur buddy is so unconditional, unlike family. My sincere condolences on losing yours.

Pete
07-14-2014, 07:51 PM
Oh, so very sorry for your loss. As a huge dog lover, I feel your pain.

I can tell by the way you talk about Scout that you gave him lots of love and the best possible life. He was lucky to have you to look after him to the very end.

Scout looks like he was an awesome little guy. May he rest in peace.

kevinpate
07-14-2014, 07:57 PM
Very sorry for you and yours.

KenRagsdale
07-14-2014, 07:58 PM
After a several month battle with liver cancer our brave wonderful little boy passed away in the front seat on the way to the vet this afternoon. He was the ultimate companion, loyal friend, hell raiser as well as a dog that was second to none. The braveness you displayed these last few months as well as your gusto for life were wonderful.
Even though you were given 110% what you gave back was priceless and shall be forever remembered.
RIP beautiful boy Scout.
I love you....

I've been down this road several times. If it's any consolation, Scout gave you all he could give in this world, for as long as he could.

Dustin
07-14-2014, 08:21 PM
So very sorry for your loss.

When we lost our Boston Terrier, Zack, about 15 or so years ago, it affected my dad so much, that he took the day off from work. I cried all day and told everyone in 2nd grade that I lost my best friend.

It sucks to lose a member of your family. Especially one that loves you unconditionally no matter what.

Bullbear
07-15-2014, 08:27 AM
So sorry for your loss.. Huge Dog guy here and have lost more than I care to. you were both very lucky to have each other. Dog people are the best.

kelroy55
07-15-2014, 10:50 AM
Sorry for your loss. I went through the same thing a few months ago. You'll still have him in your hearts and minds.

gjl
07-15-2014, 10:58 AM
Sorry you lost your buddy. Ours is at the vet getting her teeth cleaned today. I worry about the anesthesia. They are truly members of the family.

turnpup
07-15-2014, 11:00 AM
Deepest sympathies to you. We had our dear beagle, Jake, put down two weeks ago after a long battle with paralysis, surgery, recovery and then lapsing back into bad health. It's especially hard when it's a very special pet. Like your Scout, there will never be another Jake.

Bill Robertson
07-15-2014, 11:06 AM
Very sorry for your loss. As others, I've been through this and it's hard. Sounds like Scout had a great and loved life.

FritterGirl
07-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Achilles, I'm so sorry to hear about your Scout. No doubt you were each lucky to have had one another. I've been down with two of my mom's dogs and one of our cats, and still have three pups at home who are adored beyond anything. I hope that you find much peace in the upcoming weeks and no doubt you gave your guy the best life possible.

GoOKC1991
07-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Sorry to hear that

TheTravellers
07-15-2014, 02:01 PM
My condolences, man, it's hard when they go, but the life they lived makes it worthwhile for you and them. We've lost 3 cats so far, one of our current ones is currently 16, so she's just got a little while left, I'm guessing...

rezman
07-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Our pets are indeed our family. I'm sorry for your loss. I like that first photo. He has a devious look about him.

OkieHornet
07-15-2014, 02:32 PM
wherever he is, may scout sniff all the dog butts and poop he wants! r.i.p., little guy...

Mr T
07-15-2014, 03:29 PM
I am so sorry.

zookeeper
07-15-2014, 03:46 PM
I'm so sorry. The pain of losing a beloved pet is enormous. They truly are a part of the family and it sounds like Scout and you were lucky to have had one another.

Vito
07-15-2014, 03:52 PM
Achilles, It is obvious from what you say about your buddy that you gave him a great life, and I'm sure he would thank you for that if he could. Anyone who cares this much about an animal and so openly admits it is, in my opinion, a person to admire. Sorry for your loss.

Dennis Heaton
07-15-2014, 08:32 PM
The best therapy in the world has fur and four legs. I am so sorry to hear you lost your Friend. I hope you find another Friend that you can love as much as you do Scout.

trousers
07-15-2014, 08:57 PM
My condolences.
It can definitely be rough. Just try to focus on the good times you had.

BBatesokc
07-16-2014, 07:30 AM
This is a pretty feel good story when dealing with having to put a dog down.

This Dog's Final Day Proves We Should Live Every Day Like It's Our Last (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/14/dog-last-day-robyn-arouty_n_5585074.html)

We put our favorite dog down a little over a year ago - 'Chip' - and will most likely have to put our remaining dog down within the year - congestive heart failure.

If he's up to it, I'm gonna try and make a day out of it for him like in the article above.

Jeepnokc
07-16-2014, 08:20 AM
Anyone who has loved a four legged friend knows how hard the loss is. My condolences. Here is a poem that I discovered years ago that I always liked. Authorship is unknown. I don't know where our furry friends go but I like to think I will see them again one day. RIP Scout

The Rainbow Bridge

inspired by a Norse legend

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,

Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.

Where the friends of man and woman do run,

When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,

Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.

On this golden land, they wait and they play,

Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,

For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.

Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,

Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,

Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.

All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,

Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;

Together again, both person and pet.

So they run to each other, these friends from long past,

The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,

Has turned into joy once more in each heart.

They embrace with a love that will last forever,

And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

Bill Robertson
07-16-2014, 01:04 PM
Thanks Jeepnokc. The screen is fuzzy now. I bawl every time I read Rainbow Bridge. Doesn't help my attempted reputation as a big bad biker dude. I have a framed copy with a beautiful background hanging near where all the pet food bowls are. It's there to honor all my babies, here and gone. I try not to read it too often.

Dennis Heaton
07-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Ya not alone "big bad biker dude." Dang ya Jeepnokc...now ya done got all us guys bawling our eyes out, remembering our Best Friends on this side of life.

Sure do miss you, Buddy! Love Ya, "Scooter!"