View Full Version : State Fair Outing Proposal

Intrepid
08-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Hello all...

With the success of the first ever OKCTalk singles outing, I'd like to propose the next outing at the State Fair.

As previously posted, the State Fair runs from 9/15 thru 9/25. I'd like to propose a get together on 9/17, which is a Saturday. This is also the day of the OU-UCLA game in Pasadena, so there won't be an OU home game to get in the way. For you OSU fans, there is a game at 6pm in Stillwater against Arkansas State.

As for me, I'd like to go to the fair during the evening hours (and after the OU game - hehehe). So, what about meeting at the fair around 5:30-6:00pm?

All of this is preliminary, but it took us long enough to get the last get together organized, so I figured I'd post something now.

Discuss amongst yourselves....

Keith
08-21-2005, 01:10 PM
Hello all...

With the success of the first ever OKCTalk singles outing, I'd like to propose the next outing at the State Fair.

As previously posted, the State Fair runs from 9/15 thru 9/25. I'd like to propose a get together on 9/17, which is a Saturday. This is also the day of the OU-UCLA game in Pasadena, so there won't be an OU home game to get in the way. For you OSU fans, there is a game at 6pm in Stillwater against Arkansas State.

As for me, I'd like to go to the fair during the evening hours (and after the OU game - hehehe). So, what about meeting at the fair around 5:30-6:00pm?

All of this is preliminary, but it took us long enough to get the last get together organized, so I figured I'd post something now.

Discuss amongst yourselves....
That does sound good...plus, this will give all of the singles time to clear their calendars for that day. I'll probably be out there anyway, since I volunteer for the police department at the safety center. I'll probably be working in the dispatch office, dispatching calls out to the police at the fair, however, during the shift, we do get a break.

Good idea, Intrepid:yourock:

gbyte
08-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Not sure if I'll be there yet but will probably have a better idea in a week

osupa05
08-21-2005, 04:49 PM
. I'll probably be working in the dispatch office, dispatching calls out to the police at the fair, however, during the shift, we do get a break.

Sweet... now we can raise a ruckus and go see Keith... haha.. I want to see him eat a funnel cake while driving down the midway in a golf cart.... haha! Good times!

mranderson
08-21-2005, 05:03 PM
i'm not really a fan of the fair, but i will make an exception on a saturday.

upisgr8
08-22-2005, 04:46 PM
This a great idea. I have been a Fair Ambasador if there would be any intrest for some of us Volunteering at the information booth that day for a couple of hours we might generate some passes and it would be a good meeting spot.

mranderson
08-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Is there a different Saturday? I found out earlier today, I may have a commitment on September 17.

Intrepid
08-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Is there a different Saturday? I found out earlier today, I may have a commitment on September 17.

The next Saturday would be the 24th, next to the last day of the fair. There's no OU or OSU game that weekend. However, most of the good indoor exhibits are usually closed down by that weekend of the fair.

I sure wish they would bring back the 15-17 day fair again. I realize that's a lot of days, but it sure made planning more convenient.

sweetdaisy
09-12-2005, 03:43 PM
So what's the story here, singles? Are we gonna do the state fair thing or what? We'd better get to planning....it's gonna be here and gone before you know it.

upisgr8
09-12-2005, 04:34 PM
Wed. I will have an idea about passes and an OKCTalk banner location which will probaly be an Info Booth and a great meeting place.

Keith
09-12-2005, 05:18 PM
One of you needs to take the ball and start running with it and plan the outing. Not everyone's schedule will be the same, so some of the singles will be able to go, and some won't. I'll be working at the State Fair Safety Center with the police dept. in their dispatch office and in their booking area, so I will not be available.

You don't have much time, so get your ideas out there, and find out who can or can not go.

Intrepid
09-12-2005, 06:57 PM
So what's the story here, singles? Are we gonna do the state fair thing or what? We'd better get to planning....it's gonna be here and gone before you know it.

I will have my daughter with me this weekend, but should be able to do a Saturday evening outing. I'll know more later in the week.

kellekokid
09-14-2005, 11:56 AM
So has this idea fizzled out? Is the rain slowing us down? I think I could make this Saturday afternoon/evening outing.

mranderson
09-14-2005, 12:09 PM
So has this idea fizzled out? Is the rain slowing us down? I think I could make this Saturday afternoon/evening outing.

As any native Oklahoma Citian knows, the rain and state fair is like Dub Richardson Ford. it goes "hand in hand."

kellekokid
09-14-2005, 12:13 PM
true dat kinda like the arts festival if there has been a dry spell you can count on that bringing on the rain.

sweetdaisy
09-14-2005, 03:27 PM
I could do this Saturday afternoon/evening, too!

Leon
09-14-2005, 05:55 PM
How about next Saturday, or better, any weeknight, if only for a couple of hours. C'mon singles, Don't make me miss a third outing.

Or if anyone wants to just go with me any evening...stroll, talk, eat some fair food? PM me.

Leon
09-14-2005, 06:03 PM
I"ll tell ya what.....I'm taking my son sometime this weekend....Rides, games, pig races, etc.

But, I'm going to go on Wednesday without my son, less crowded, exhibits, fair food, etc. Anyone who wants to be there too, reply here, please. I'll find a fair map and give a location to meet very soon. But naturally, I won't wait there if I get no replies.

Come on folks!

Leon
09-14-2005, 06:28 PM
OK, Let's meet at Gate 3 is on the Southeast corner (lower right :spin: ). Link to map below. I can meet there anytime 6:00pm or later, Wednesday, Sep 21. Reply with the best time for you. I'll be there at the most popular time. I can give others my cell number to catch up or let us catch up if you're there earlier.http://www.oklahomastatefair.com/images/map_2005_FINAL_000.jpg

kellekokid
09-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Well drat! I can't do the Wednesday thing cause the one other person I work with on 2nd shift is on vacation next week...leaves me the lonley girl working alone~~if you all make it on Wed. night have a gyro for me...oh and an ear of corn, a turkey leg and a funnel cake and a cinnamon roll for the road! Hmmm ya think I should use the word "or" instead of "and"??

Leon
09-15-2005, 11:09 PM
The fair....a once-a-year gorge fest......and thanksgiving, and christmas, and my b'day, and your b'day, and Saturdays, and BBQs.........Let's eat! :) Count me in!

Intrepid
09-16-2005, 06:25 AM
Unfortunately I will be unable to attend this weekend. My finances just will not allow it.

Sorry :(

sweetdaisy
09-16-2005, 08:03 AM
So we're not going to the fair tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon? Are we going to attempt the following Saturday instead?

Intrepid
09-16-2005, 08:13 AM
I might be able to do a mid-week outing or next Saturday. Just depends on how next week goes.

Leon
09-16-2005, 11:35 PM
So we're not going to the fair tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon? Are we going to attempt the following Saturday instead?

Daisy, I would have gone tomorrow but I have my boy this weekend. I intended to go on a weeknight anyway, and still will, so I suggested Wednesday with a time and meeting location. I love the fair and I know that I will go several times. So if you want next Saturday also, I'll try to make that too, barring any unforeseen. But I'll be there Wednesday, either way. Sorry if I stepped on your toes.

Now for the rest of you, come on! I was there tonight. It's about the best as I have ever seen it, very clean an well organized and lots of law inforcement watching for potential thugs. Let's go folks! It's just some folks! There are 100,000 others there whom you DON'T know from OKC Talk.

FYI I will be there tomorow, with son and other friends with children.

sweetdaisy
09-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Hope you had fun today Leon. Unfortunately, I have rowing practice on wednesday, otherwise I'd join you next week. I'm trying to get out there, but it's not looking too good for me this year. :( Kellekokid? Spookytourchick? Anyone? Hellooooooo.....

Intrepid
09-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Hope you had fun today Leon. Unfortunately, I have rowing practice on wednesday, otherwise I'd join you next week. I'm trying to get out there, but it's not looking too good for me this year. :( Kellekokid? Spookytourchick? Anyone? Hellooooooo.....

It's not looking good for me this year either. :( If only the fair lasted longer like it used to!

sweetdaisy
09-17-2005, 08:10 PM
Intrepid, may I remind you that this was YOUR idea in the first place???

Intrepid
09-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Intrepid, may I remind you that this was YOUR idea in the first place???

No you may not!

:P

sweetdaisy
09-17-2005, 08:14 PM
Hmmm...if I look at the index, hmmm...it appears that, yes, INTREPID started this thread! Ah ha! I KNEW IT!!!!

Intrepid
09-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Hmmm...if I look at the index, hmmm...it appears that, yes, INTREPID started this thread! Ah ha! I KNEW IT!!!!

Yes, I'm a loser.

sweetdaisy
09-17-2005, 08:18 PM
No, no! Everyone has stuff going on in their lives. I just wish i could get my schedule synced up with people's. heck, I can't even get synced up to go out there with my mom! Sheesh! (But that's only b/c she has a better social life than I do.)

kellekokid
09-17-2005, 11:35 PM
The only days that I could go would be Friday the 23rd or Sat the 24th. But I sure would like to try for us to get there....The way this is going we might need to start looking into planning an Oct. get together...takes us all long enough! haha Usually the best days/evenings for any thing, for me, is Fri/Sat. but given enough time I could ask for another evening off, this coming week just happens to be one of the weeks that it doesn't work for me to be off.
Sweetdaisy I have a question for you...you seem to be a hostess at heart as I am...would you classifiy yourself that way? And if so surely surely we can get this to gel one of these times! :-)

sweetdaisy
09-18-2005, 09:05 AM

sweetdaisy
09-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Okay, Kellekokid, would you like to plan to go on saturday (9/24) afternoon with me then? If other people want to join us, then great!

yes, I am a hostess at heart. I love to get things organized and make sure everyone is having fun, etc. I know, it's a sickness. :)

I have to say I'm a little surprised that more people aren't willing to give up a few hours of their time to meet with a fun group of people that they talk to on a daily basis. what's up with that?

gbyte
09-18-2005, 09:46 AM
I can't guarantee I will be well enough to really be able to stand / walk around that much yet especially being really limited on what I can drink and eat.

Hope all that do go have fun though!

Leon
09-18-2005, 11:49 AM
I have to say I'm a little surprised that more people aren't willing to give up a few hours of their time to meet with a fun group of people that they talk to on a daily basis. what's up with that?

OK, I'll be there. Meet when and where?

sweetdaisy
09-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Well, after I chastized folks for not going out and getting together, I'm going to have to pull out. Sorry. :( I'm a dope and forgot my brother and his girlfriend are coming to town this weekend, and I'm going to be spending some time with them on Saturday. Guess I'll see you all at the next potential outing.

Intrepid
09-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Well, after I chastized folks for not going out and getting together, I'm going to have to pull out. Sorry. :( I'm a dope and forgot my brother and his girlfriend are coming to town this weekend, and I'm going to be spending some time with them on Saturday. Guess I'll see you all at the next potential outing.

:omg:

You should feel VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY bad.

(just playing with ya)

:LolLolLol

Leon
09-20-2005, 07:50 PM

Mercy, mercy, mercy.
Leon shakes head in disgust.

But at least you tried, and at least YOU've actually been on an outing before. Good on ya. More than most folks in here can say.

This place, WE, need to drum up more singles. If ya think abouit it, there are only three or four of us, maybe five who actually are willing to try. And we all work a mix of days and
shifts and have other obligations too.

upisgr8
09-20-2005, 07:54 PM
I Will be there Thursday and Friday wandering around blurting OKC Talk..OKC Talk please resopnd if you hear me.

kellekokid
09-20-2005, 11:59 PM
I think I may be going Friday evening with a friend....I should have bought some OKCtalk gear so we could maybe spot each other! f I hear ya I'll be sure and say hi. I would still like for those that can to try and get there together Sat.
I'm gonna talk to Ms. SweetDaisy and see what trouble we can stir up with another get together sometime next month. Hey Leon what weekends in Oct. do you have your son with you? Maybe if we know that starting out we can plan around those weekends, so you can be sure and join in on something. (says one who hasn't gotten to go to anything yet :-/ )

sweetdaisy
09-21-2005, 07:36 AM
Oh kellekokid, I would definately be in for stirring up trouble! I'll look forward to the opportunity to do so with you! :)

Leon, get your schedule in order, man! You simply must join us for something. You too, Intrepid!

Leon
09-27-2005, 08:04 PM
The weekends of the 7th and 21st are good for me.

osupa05
10-02-2005, 12:08 PM
So... did you guys go to the fair, or not? I was off in One-horse-town, OK... without much internet access. And, I leave again early tomorrow morning! Right now, I'm catching up on a month's worth of posts! Did you guys miss me?? haha! I'm not sure what the future will bring, but I'm studying for boards right now and looking for a job! Know of anyone who needs a PA???? Miss you guys... keep posted on future outings!

sweetdaisy
10-02-2005, 06:22 PM
So good to hear from you again, osupa! I've missed seeing your posts. Is everything going well in Podunk, OK?

upisgr8
10-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Yes you were missed and Keith and I were at the Fair but never saw each other there but have talked since, how bout a Hornets game?

Leon
10-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Got it, understood.
Movin' on.

sweetdaisy
10-04-2005, 07:30 AM
Got it, understood.
Movin' on.

What does this post mean?