View Full Version : Quick Trip vs. OnCue

Plutonic Panda
07-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Which one do you like better and why. Be specific if you can. I have been in both and honestly can't tell a difference. I wonder if OnCue is the same company as QT just disguised under a different name. Both of them are very nice gas stations and I really like the quality of the stores. I'm guessing QT is HQ'd in Tulsa and OnCue in OKC....

Plutonic Panda
07-07-2014, 05:01 PM
You know, I was going to add a poll, but I accidentally hit enter and it created the thread and now I can't go back. Is there any way to add a poll?

Dennis Heaton
07-07-2014, 05:12 PM
You know, I was going to add a poll, but I accidentally hit enter and it created the thread and now I can't go back. Is there any way to add a poll?

Only thing I can think of...start a new Thread?

Plutonic Panda
07-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Only thing I can think of...start a new Thread?That's ok. I thought about that... but it's not that big of an issue.

Dennis Heaton
07-07-2014, 05:23 PM
In that case...I would have voted for "OnCue." It's just down the road.

Jeepnokc
07-07-2014, 08:36 PM
I like on cue but QT beats them hands down especially the new stores. The stores seem cleaner, the clerks happier and the food products they offer are fresh and well made. My only complaint is that they do not take Amex which is my main card for gas purchases

Edit.....two complaints with the second being that they are not in okc.

kevinpate
07-07-2014, 09:35 PM
QT is based in Tulsa. OnCue is based, I think but am not positive, in Stillwater.
The local 7/11's, not to be confused with the rest of the free world 7/11's, are based in OKC.

Dustin
07-07-2014, 11:55 PM
I have only ever been in one QuikTrip and I didn't really notice anything amazing about it. I mean it was really nice, but nothing I would boast about.

The new OnCue on N.W. Expressway and the one on Memorial and Western are just above and beyond what a gas station/convenience store should be. They are HUGE. Way bigger and nicer than any convenience store I have seen, even out of state.

They even have a drive-thru... Bonus points!

Roger S
07-08-2014, 06:29 AM
QT is based in Tulsa. OnCue is based, I think but am not positive, in Stillwater.

You sir are correct and from what I've heard don't expect to see OnCue expanding into the Tulsa area to try and take on QT either.

Although I would like to see them move south to Ardmore.

BBatesokc
07-08-2014, 06:49 AM
I patronize both over other c-stores when I can. The new 7-11's are a big improvement, but really don't rise to the level of a QT or OC.

What I like are the cleanliness, friendly professional employees and zero tolerance for transients and rift-raft.

Covered pumps and lots are a big plus too!

My preferences go (in order) OC, QT, Circle K, 7-11 and independent.

Zuplar
07-08-2014, 07:10 AM
Realistically depending on what region of the state I'm in depends on which one I go to, because they are about the same. I think both stores have the right business model. Cleanliness goes a long ways IMO.

bombermwc
07-08-2014, 07:51 AM
Agreed Zuplar. But for me, OC and QT are the same dang thing. I pay at the pump anyway, so I basically never go in any of them no matter what. I hit up the no surcharge ATM at 7-11, but never buy anything inside.

Plutonic Panda
07-08-2014, 11:25 AM
I have only ever been in one QuikTrip and I didn't really notice anything amazing about it. I mean it was really nice, but nothing I would boast about.

The new OnCue on N.W. Expressway and the one on Memorial and Western are just above and beyond what a gas station/convenience store should be. They are HUGE. Way bigger and nicer than any convenience store I have seen, even out of state.

They even have a drive-thru... Bonus points!agreed... The only gas station I've ever seen like them was in Austin and it was built with the purpose of being the biggest gas station in the world

ylouder
07-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Originally being from Tulsa I've always have been a Qt fan boy. But the last few times I've been back they don't appear to be nearly as well run or as clean as the used to be.

There used to always be someone mopping a floor or cleaning the bathroom but not anymore.

I've been pretty impressed with oncue over the last 10 or so years and they seem to do a good job with variety and cleanliness. One major thing oncue has over Qt is the ability to get 100% gas. To this day Qt still doesn't even offer it.

For me that's a deal breaker on any gas station.

Plutonic Panda
07-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Yes..... I only use 100% gas for all my cars. If Ethanol really did help the environment, I might consider it, but it doesn't. It causes more problems.

kevinpate
07-08-2014, 12:52 PM
I have zero issues with the newer 7/11's that are in and have been in for a few years now.
I have zero issues with OnCue and the one in Norman sees me a fair bit. Well, the lasses and laddies at the drive through see me a fair bit. I have rarely been inside, but their drive-thru is my new stop when an anywhere north of Norman drive is needed, or if I am using Tecumseh to go across town to avoid Robinson. I can't recall ever having more than one other car in front of me, so it is faster than pulling in anywhere and going in to get a drink.

--- Diet soda junkie; a big one.

MsProudSooner
07-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Yes..... I only use 100% gas for all my cars. If Ethanol really did help the environment, I might consider it, but it doesn't. It causes more problems.

I think the newer QTs have 100% gas as an option. I'll have to double check next time I'm at the one at 51st & Harvard.

I've never been to an On Cue.

Plutonic Panda
07-08-2014, 01:06 PM
I think the newer QTs have 100% gas as an option. I'll have to double check next time I'm at the one at 51st & Harvard.

I've never been to an On Cue.That's nice. I've only been to a few QT's and it seems like I remember them having 100% gas, but I could be wrong though.

Dennis Heaton
07-08-2014, 03:07 PM
NOT my favorite convenience store...

Corner of Hefner and Council

kevinpate
07-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Arms sway.
Lighters flicker.
Voices gently rise.

All we are saying, is give Hef's a pass.
All we are saying, is give Hef's a pass

---- Dennis Heaton Singers

Dennis Heaton
07-08-2014, 04:40 PM
KP...I'll give Hef's a pass, just for you, IF YOU stop singing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWOr3FDJI8

Wishbone
07-09-2014, 08:41 AM
The new Domino store in Yukon is pretty good. On par with Oncue I would say. I like the shake machine they have!

adaniel
07-09-2014, 08:54 AM
After experience the bliss that is Wawa on a recent trip, both QT and OnCue seem so inadequate :)

If you are ever in South Jersey or Philly, it is worth a try.

traxx
07-09-2014, 08:57 AM
One major thing oncue has over Qt is the ability to get 100% gas. To this day Qt still doesn't even offer it.

For me that's a deal breaker on any gas station.

Agree, that's a deal breaker right there.

I went to the On Cue on NW Expwy shortly after it opened. Had one of my boys with me. He was impressed too. We were over where they have the hot food on rollers (taquitos and such) and they had a tiny little sign designating that the ones behind the sign weren't ready yet. My son exclaimed that they'd thought of everything in that store.

Bullbear
07-09-2014, 09:06 AM
I prefer On Cue.. because i am not driving to Tulsa for a QT.lol.. I don't see much difference in the two really. and I usually end up getting gas at 7-11 because its closer to my hood. Buckee's in Texas is insane. a bit overwhelming actually.

Dennis Heaton
07-09-2014, 09:06 AM
Agree, that's a deal breaker right there.

I went to the On Cue on NW Expwy shortly after it opened. Had one of my boys with me. He was impressed too. We were over where they have the hot food on rollers (taquitos and such) and they had a tiny little sign designating that the ones behind the sign weren't ready yet. My son exclaimed that they'd thought of everything in that store.

Plus...I believe the OnCue on NW EXpwy is cleaner than some hospitals (certainly some "nursing homes").

AFCM
09-24-2014, 08:28 PM
I prefer OnCue to QuikTrip, but that's mainly because, as a new-comer which mirrors QuikTrip in almost every way, OnCues are...well, newer. Admittedly, my perception, and thus my preference, may be skewed since I've only visited two KwikTrips in the Tulsa area and one in Texas. The two that I visited in Broken Arrow seemed older, which is still not a bad thing. They were light years better than any 7-Eleven in OKC, in terms of quality. But the one I most recently visited in Texas (I don't remember the town; it was maybe 30 minutes north of Fort Worth) was big, new, and very accommodating. Both OnCue and QuikTrip have earned my customer loyalty due to the cleanliness of their stores - particularly the restrooms - food selections, drink selections, design and layout, and friendliness of staff. Both stores are great, but OnCue stores still have that "new car smell" to them, and they're in OKC, so that chain gets my vote.

I'm thinking of moving back to my old hometown of Mustang, and I'd really like to see an OnCue presence there some day. And simply because of my grade-school humor, I'd love to have Kum & Go in the Oklahoma City area.

"Would you like to go to Kum & Go?"

"Go where?"

"Kum & Go. Y'know. Shoot & Scoot. Ejaculate & Evacuate. Blow your load & Hit the road. J*zz & Jet. Oh well. Then there is no pleasing you."