View Full Version : Looking for particular shade plant...available in OKC???

SoonerDave
07-01-2014, 10:15 AM
I've got a somewhat shady flower bed in the front of my house, and I've found a variety of perennial that I think would be perfect for it - but I have no idea if its available locally.

It's called a "Huerechella," and I'm looking specifically for a variety called "Sweet Tea Foamy Bells." This particular variety is supposed to be heat tolerant, doesn't mind a little shade, and has really attractive bronze/red leaves and early spring flowers. Supposed to grow up to around 20" and just over two feet wide....exactly what I'd like. It sounds *perfect*, but I haven't a clue if anyone locally sells them. Most of the online places won't ship until fall, which doesn't do me any good.

Anyone know of any nurseries that might carry it? Did a cursory search on the TLC and Marcum's websites, and they turned up nothing, but I'm not sure if they really put their entire stock on their respective sites.

Tavia
07-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Try Foster's on SW 119th, between Council and MacArthur

Mr T
07-01-2014, 10:51 AM
I haven't seen it around town but the internet sez Monrovia is a source, and they carry some Monrovia stuff at Marcum's. Monrovia will deliver what you order to your local nursery so you could get it that way. White Flower Farm won't ship until Fall, so I would not buy it until Fall. I lost too many plants by not waiting. It took me a few years and a bunch of Southern Livings to figure out how to do things here!

Dennis Heaton
07-02-2014, 06:38 AM
Might want to call TLC's

TLC Garden Centers | The Plant Professionals (http://www.tlcgarden.com/)

SoonerDave
07-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Thanks everyone.

Marcum's had one at one of their satellite nurseries and they're going to get it to me tomorrow. Yay :)

SoonerDave
07-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Might want to call TLC's

TLC Garden Centers | The Plant Professionals (http://www.tlcgarden.com/)

Hey Dennis, what IS that flower!?? Is that a variety of hibiscus, or a lily? Really gorgeous!