View Full Version : We were up for an outing!

osupa05
08-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Living the shortest distance from the Bricktown Ballpark allows me the wonderful privilege of starting the newest "outing" thread! Ladies and gentleman, four enticingly eligible singles, along with Keith our lovely (not so eligible) moderator and two gallant guests gathered at the brick to take in a game, and share in sugar-highs mixed with hilarious humor. Let me splain. No, there's too much. Let me sum up (kudos to the first person who names what movie that's from...). Singles of OKCTalk, for your reading pleasure....from my point of view.... a quick synopsis of the first ever.... (drum roll, please)....... OKCTAlk Singles Outing!!!! :congrats:

Running late as usual, I could scarcely contain the nervous giddiness welling up within as I scanned the crowds outside the ballpark looking for the sign. That's when I spotted it, emblazoned across the t-shirt of the fearless the leader, soon to be introduced as Keith. It was the sign we were all looking for: OKCTalk. That's when the nervousness vanished. I had finally arrived. I knew I was in for a treat looking at the group that had gathered around the sign. Welcomes were said and introductions made... sweetdaisy, gbyte, intrepid and I, along with sign and a few other guests. The tickets were soon purchased and seats quickly found, only to be exited just as fast, as we made a beeline for the Fenway Dog stand. And here, ladies and gentleman is where we found that no matter where you come from, if you've got food and a certain person, who shall remain nameless until the pics are posted, you will be entertained for hours!!!

Alright, since the effects of the cotton candy that I consumed during the last two innings is starting wear off, I will let the other guys tell more of the event... Just let me say this, I will always remember the funnel cake eating episode and how it was consumed.... I can't wait until the pics are posted!! Oh, and let's not forget "hey look, there's only 8 o' 5 left to go in the third quarter"... hahahah!

MadMonk
08-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Let me splain. No, there's too much. Let me sum up (kudos to the first person who names what movie that's from...).

The Princess Bride

Sounds like a good time. :tiphat:

osupa05
08-19-2005, 10:07 PM
Haha.. kudos to you!!!

Intrepid
08-19-2005, 10:23 PM
The pics are online!

Please keep in mind that the quality isn't that great as they were taken with my camera phone.

Thanks again to those who came. I'm looking forward to the next outing!

osupa05
08-19-2005, 10:28 PM
...and when I get my "ancient" 35mm film developed, there will be more pics!!!

gbyte
08-19-2005, 10:29 PM
Wooo! pictures and I don't believe I was caught doing anything goofy this time! :)

Keith
08-20-2005, 06:11 AM
Wooo! pictures and I don't believe I was caught doing anything goofy this time! :)
WOW!!!! What a great time we all had. It was a hot evening, and all of us were "glowing." I arrived at the ballpark (with my 12 year old daughter) at around 5:45 PM., and we quickly found a shade, as we waited for the others to show.

At around 6:20 or so, gbyte walked up to me and introduced himself. Shortly thereafter, Intrepid, along with his beautiful 7 year old daughter, walked up the stairs and introduced himself to me. Just as we were saying good things about sweetdaisy, a beautiful lady walked up to me and introduced herself to me...it was her...sweetdaisy....in person. Then, another beautiful lady, osupa05, stepped up and introduced herself to me. I have never, ever, seen two beautiful ladies with such beautiful smiles. The fun had already begun.

We headed over to buy our tickets, and luck would have it, Intrepid brought 4 free tickets. So, being the gentlemen that gbytes and myself are, we thought it would be proper to allow the ladies the extra two free tickets that he had. We got in the stadium, found our seats, and then went to find the FOOD.

We tried to watch the game, however, we were having too much fun talking. At one time, I called Patrick from my cell phone and talked to him. Even osupa05 got a chance to talk to Patrick...gee...what an honor. When Patrick asked me the score, I said, "what score?" Oh yeah, that's right, we are here watching a ballgame...I forgot. I looked at the scoreboard and said there was 7:45 left to play in the first quarter....when I actually meant the time was 7:45.

Yes, we all ate...and ate....and ate.....and ate....me and my hotdog, peanuts, and funnel cake (that's another story). BTW, thanks for buying me the funnel cake, sweetdaisy:wink: . We had the best time talking, joking, talking about okctalk, and just having fun. Guys, sweetdaisy and osupa05 are two very eligible single ladies, and they are lots of fun to be around. Beautiful is an understatement for those two. If you want an excellent "home" cooked meal, you need to get with osupa05, because she has some free coupons for some home made tacos from the taco place.

The funnel cake was great, although it was all over my clothes, and everywhere else. I sat next to osupa05, and I think I got some of the powdered sugar on her. Did I tell you that I was a wild eater? Did I make a fool of myself last night? Of course, and I had fun doing it.

From the time we got to the ballpark, til we left the ballpark, conversation never ended. We all continuouslytalked through the ballgame. Both Intrepid and gbytes sat behind us so that we could all talk together and laugh.

After the game, we watched fireworks, courtesy of McDonalds. They were alright, however, as Intrepids 7 year old put it, she had seen better fireworks displays. Afterwards, we all left and headed out of the ballpark. Thanks to Intrepid for his camera phone and for osupa05 for her "ancient" (as she called it) 35 mm camera. They took some very good pictures and some of them are already posted in the photo gallery.

Yes, if you missed the first ever singles outing last night, you missed a great time. Although married, I still enjoyed the laughs, the stories, and even the ballgame. I am looking forward to the next event. BTW, ladies, Intrepid and gbytes are very eligible, an they are fun guys to be around.

sweetdaisy
08-20-2005, 06:49 AM
Oh, Interpid! The pics are great! Thank you so much for remembering you had the camera phone! Osupa05, I cannot wait to see what's lurking on your film! :)

Thanks again to you all for such an awesome time last nite! It was really great to meet you all and I look forward to our next outing!

Intrepid
08-20-2005, 06:58 AM
Oh, Interpid! The pics are great! Thank you so much for remembering you had the camera phone! Osupa05, I cannot wait to see what's lurking on your film! :)

Thanks again to you all for such an awesome time last nite! It was really great to meet you all and I look forward to our next outing!

I am glad I remembered too!

mranderson
08-20-2005, 07:42 AM
mayb i can make it next time. hope so.

gbyte
08-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Keith is definitely correct about the ladies being beautiful and we were blessed with their presence!

/awaits another event to go have some fun at :)

Intrepid
08-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Keith is definitely correct about the ladies being beautiful and we were blessed with their presence!

/awaits another event to go have some fun at :)

I echo those sentiments!

:tiphat:

osupa05
08-20-2005, 10:52 AM
awww../and she blushes

sweetdaisy
08-20-2005, 12:48 PM
*blush* *giggle* Aww, shucks. thanks, guys. :)

Curt
08-20-2005, 06:44 PM
The pics are online!

Please keep in mind that the quality isn't that great as they were taken with my camera phone.

Thanks again to those who came. I'm looking forward to the next outing!Make it in September when I can join ya'll.......grrrrrrrrr, sounds like I missed a helluva time. Ahhh, life in the North sucks.

osupa05
08-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Ahhh.. we missed you Mar... It was fun, but September isn't too far away!

Curt
08-20-2005, 06:54 PM
From all the good reading, it sounds like you all had a good time. I am glad you finally got together. If it so happens that you all have something when I am there, I'll join ya. Then you can pick on the Yankee.:)

Leon
08-21-2005, 01:18 AM
Dang-it!!!! Sure looks like I missed out, and when I wanted this to happen so much.
Maybe next time.

Good for you folks, looked like a good time.

osupa05
08-21-2005, 01:20 AM
New pics are posted!

sweetdaisy
08-21-2005, 06:59 AM
YAY!!! Pics are great! :) Thanks so much for the quick turnaround time.