View Full Version : New Street-side eatery in Bricktown

Patrick
08-19-2005, 01:54 PM
"Street-side eatery opens in Bricktown

Pop's Place, Nonna's Street Side Cafe, has opened at 124 E Sheridan in Bricktown.
The walk-up window specializes in Nathan's hot dogs, wraps, a light morning menu and desserts.

Hours are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. "

mranderson
08-19-2005, 01:58 PM
"Street-side eatery opens in Bricktown

Pop's Place, Nonna's Street Side Cafe, has opened at 124 E Sheridan in Bricktown.
The walk-up window specializes in Nathan's hot dogs, wraps, a light morning menu and desserts.

Hours are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. "

Talk about some quality Cow. Nathan's does the trick.

BDP
08-19-2005, 02:40 PM
Nice. I only wish we could get Nathan's at 2 a.m.

I bet i could make a fortune just operating a hot dog or burrito stand from 12-2:30 every Fri and Satuday nights.

TStheThird
08-20-2005, 09:46 AM
There is a student at OSU that sets up a hot dog cart every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night outside the bars in Stillwater. He does pretty well.

gbyte
08-20-2005, 10:34 AM
I was wondering when that Nathan's place was going to open up :) Saw them the other day working on it.

At OSU they used to have Atomic Burrito down there off the strip and they shut down but I am not sure why as they always had tons of people going through there.

soonerguru
08-20-2005, 04:17 PM
There's been a hot dog vendor who sets up in Bricktown for the last several years. He stays open LATE, selling dogs at 2:30 a.m. after the bars close. He does wicked business. I guess this won't cut into his profits much if it closes at 10 p.m.

karlanee
08-20-2005, 05:25 PM
I LOVE this guy's hotdogs. I swear, these are the best dogs I've ever had around here - or anywhere (I've never had Nathan's though). He's reasonably priced too. And such a nice guy.

I love them loaded with everything and it's a lot of fun to find him there on the street after a late night in Bricktown.

Okay - now I need to go to Bricktown for a dog!!

karlanee
08-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Does anyone remember TodDogs that used to be in Norman about 10 years ago? He sold a good hotdog as well.

soonerguru
08-22-2005, 03:00 PM
I was really looking forward to trying out a Nathan's dog at the new stand, so we made a family plan to go there, walking several blocks.

Imagine: We get there at 7:30 p.m. on a Saturday night and it's closed. The lights were off. I go in Painted Door and ask them what's up only to find out "They sold out of hot dogs at 4 p.m., so they went home."

I asked if hot dogs were all that they sell there and the woman told me they have "delicious wraps" and other things.

I guess they decided to blow off selling anything else. A real bummer for us, and somehow, appropriate considering the half-ass nature of near everything in Bricktown. A supreme disappointment.