View Full Version : Smart Pots - Grow Your Own

Dennis Heaton
06-25-2014, 10:53 AM
If you live in an apartment complex (that doesn't have a "community garden"), and you want to grow your own veggies, check this out...

Smart Pots - Container Gardening, Hydroponic Fabric Containers (http://smartpots.publishpath.com/)

https://www.facebook.com/SmartPots

Just saw this on OETA - Oklahoma Gardening this past weekend.

pedmond
06-25-2014, 11:46 AM
I saw the same show and can confirm Smart Pots work very well for veggies/potatoes and other plants. I bought some about four years ago and have used them each growing season and will probably get another 4 or 5 years out of them before I have to replace them. I also have a number of raised beds, but the smart pots are good for other parts of my yard.

Dennis Heaton
06-25-2014, 11:49 AM
I saw the same show and can confirm Smart Pots work very well for veggies/potatoes and other plants. I bought some about four years ago and have used them each growing season and will probably get another 4 or 5 years out of them before I have to replace them. I also have a number of raised beds, but the smart pots are good for other parts of my yard.

pedmond...It's the Raised Bed SmartPots I want to get. Have you been using those for veggies?

pedmond
06-25-2014, 12:02 PM
pedmond...It's the Raised Bed SmartPots I want to get. Have you been using those for veggies?

No, I built a few of mine and also bought a few thru Amazon. The SmartPots raised beds do look good and I would be tempted to try them out. The company is here in OKC and you can go down to plant and buy them. When I bought mine, they were on Santa Fe, just south of 50th.

gjl
06-25-2014, 12:27 PM
There's nothing like home grown.

Veggies that is. :wink:

Dennis Heaton
06-25-2014, 12:45 PM
No, I built a few of mine and also bought a few thru Amazon. The SmartPots raised beds do look good and I would be tempted to try them out. The company is here in OKC and you can go down to plant and buy them. When I bought mine, they were on Santa Fe, just south of 50th.

I did not know the Plant was here in OKC (guess I better read a bit more). The young lady at OETA - Oklahoma Gardening, told me this morning that TLC has them in stock. TLC just happens to be down the road and to the right. Heading there this weekend.