View Full Version : Riddles and Brainteasers

Plutonic Panda
06-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Post away. Give us some time to figure it out, then post the answer whenever you want.

I'll start off with an extremely easy one.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t1.0-9/10389068_846178482069831_7450854435598020819_n.png

For some reason, I can't help but think Radical Moderate has some stored away...

MadMonk
06-11-2014, 08:02 AM
^^^^^^
Answer: "You are a cutie pie"

Here's one that's not too difficult to reason out:

We hurt without moving.
We poison without touching.
We bear the truth and the lies.
We are not to be judged by our size.
What are we?

RadicalModerate
06-11-2014, 08:11 AM
Okay . . . Here's one that I recall, vaguely, from many years ago:

A couple of guys are driving down the road, without a map or a GPS system, attempting to get to a certain village somewhere in the hinterlands of the English countryside or wherever. They come to a five-way fork in the road, but someone has knocked one of those old-style directional signs into the ditch. How do they know which of the roads to take to get to their desired destination?

Martin
06-11-2014, 08:23 AM
every year or so, a couple friends and i host this game where folks try to find and solve clues around town... here's a clue from a few years ago where we played on ou's campus. actually hosted this year's game a couple weeks ago in southwest okc. -M

http://www.magnvs.de/pics/Clue6a.jpg

MadMonk
06-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Okay . . . Here's one that I recall, vaguely, from many years ago:

A couple of guys are driving down the road, without a map or a GPS system, attempting to get to a certain village somewhere in the hinterlands of the English countryside or wherever. They come to a five-way fork in the road, but someone has knocked one of those old-style directional signs into the ditch. How do they know which of the roads to take to get to their desired destination?
Pick up the signpost and point the correct sign to their origin. That way they know the sign is oriented correctly. But maybe this is too practical of an answer?

Martin
06-11-2014, 08:35 AM
We hurt without moving.
What are we?

an oldie but a goldie... words! -M

HangryHippo
06-11-2014, 08:37 AM
^^^^^^
Answer: "You are a cutie pie"

Here's one that's not too difficult to reason out:

We hurt without moving.
What are we?

Words?

MadMonk
06-11-2014, 09:48 AM
an oldie but a goldie... words! -M
DING!

Words?
DING again. ;)

HangryHippo
06-11-2014, 02:31 PM
What asks but never answers?

Plutonic Panda
06-11-2014, 05:12 PM
What asks but never answers?An interviewer? Late night show host? Psychologist????

Dennis Heaton
06-11-2014, 05:18 PM
The "guys" will never get this one...

How do you keep a woman in suspense?

Plutonic Panda
06-11-2014, 05:28 PM
The "guys" will never get this one...

How do you keep a woman in suspense?Take her for a drive and then floor the car to 100MPH holding a knife in your hand while stroking it saying over and over "almost there".

RadicalModerate
06-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Pick up the signpost and point the correct sign to their origin. That way they know the sign is oriented correctly. But maybe this is too practical of an answer?

Yup. Fairly easy. As if easy was a synonym for practical. =)
I think a woman could be kept in suspense by (after following Pluto's path) arriving at The Round Barn in Arcadia and telling her to sit in the corner, yet Martin's puzzle has me . . . intrigued.

(in this case, "intrigued" is a semi-synonym for "baffled" . . .)

HangryHippo
06-11-2014, 10:27 PM
What asks but never answers?

Any other guesses?