View Full Version : Hostile Bid for Six Flags

floater
08-17-2005, 05:14 PM
It feels like a banner year for takeover attempts of OKC companies:

Snyder bids for Six Flags

By Paul Monies
The Oklahoman

Disaffected Six Flags investor and Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder launched a surprise bid Wednesday to gain control of the Oklahoma City-based company.
In a securities filing, Snyder said he would make a tender offer for about 22 million shares of the theme-park company at $6.50 a share. Six Flags shares closed at $5.49 on the New York Stock Exchange, before news of Snyder’s bid came to light.

Snyder also plans to nominate three of his own candidates for election to the Six Flags board

mranderson
08-17-2005, 05:18 PM
If he keeps the company in Oklahoma City, and actually improves the facilities, especially Frontier City (name fits since it still looks like it did in 1889), then more power to him.

soonerguru
08-17-2005, 09:15 PM
If he keeps the company in Oklahoma City....

That will definitely NOT happen. If he takes it over, consider Six Flags gone.

It seems to be a poorly run company at the moment; not sure it would be that big of a loss to our local economy.

Still, I hope that Story and the gang can get it together and fight this off. They have a lot of work to do and don't seem particularly knowledgeable about how to do it.

Their "growth through acquisition" concept is very Dot-Com era. Didn't work for most of those companies either.

jbrown84
08-18-2005, 04:00 PM
If you read the article, things are turning around finally. It is NEVER good for OKC to lose a company, especially something as high-profile as Six Flags. They may not provide as many jobs as Dell, but it's OKC's most well known company. We don't want to lose it, so I hope Snyder can be warted off. Trust me if he's able to give the CEO job to some former ESPN guy, Six Flags is gone.

Also don't count on him improving Frontier City. If he gets his hands on the company, it will probably be sold or at least be worse off than it is now. The best chances for Frontier City are to keep Six Flags in OKC, and once they are back in the black, they can invest more into their hometown park. Perhaps enough to call it their "flagship" park?

Karried
08-18-2005, 04:04 PM
I wish they could fix up the park or someone would take it over to improve upon some of the outdated rides and make it a great theme park.

fromdust
08-29-2005, 07:16 PM
as most of you probably already know 6 flags put itself up for sale. this is suppossed to curtail the bid by dan snyder.
the oklahoman points out who might bid. dan snyder, cedar fair lp, comcast corp, time warner, blackstone group, and walt disney.
so it seems like we can say good by to 6 flags.

BG918
08-29-2005, 11:53 PM
OKC should do all it can to keep Premier Parks! I do hope that if the company is bought the HQ will remain here and Frontier City will at last receive its long-awaited expansion.

jbrown84
08-30-2005, 10:21 PM
Hey maybe Bob Funk or the Gaylords will buy it! Probably wishful thinking. Don't expect any improvements for Front City now.