View Full Version : Signature Drives in OKC so far DOOMED

Urban Pioneer
06-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Really enjoying the miserable failure of one of these.

Oklahoma City signature drives fall short | NewsOK.com (http://m.newsok.com/oklahoma-city-signature-drives-fall-short/article/4878250)

Bunty
06-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Meanwhile, the signature total for the petition to legalize medical marijuana for Oklahoma is at around 20,000 and considered on target by backers on the way to at least 155,217 required by around Aug. 19. Skeptics think they don't have enough organization or funding. Let's prove them wrong. A bunch of places are available to sign up in the OKC area: Oklahomans For HealthPetition Sites | Oklahomans For Health (http://www.oklahomansforhealth.com/location/)

rezman
06-04-2014, 09:16 AM
I was at the Paseo Arts festival a week or so ago, and was approached by a petitioner asking me to sign up to legalize marijuana, which I refused to do, only because I go to festivals and parades to have fun, not get jammed up by someone pushing their political agenda, which has happened numerous times.

Just the facts
06-04-2014, 09:33 AM
Well I totally missed what this thread was going to be about. I thought it would be a suggestion of must-do driving routes in OKC for entertaining people from out of town and that the search for such routes was going no where. LOL - maybe my wife is right and I DO have a one track mind.

Bunty
06-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Getting back to the local petition drives, I assumed they failed, due to lack of dedication and commitment on the part of the originators and no money to hire signature takers.

Bunty
06-04-2014, 01:07 PM
I was at the Paseo Arts festival a week or so ago, and was approached by a petitioner asking me to sign up to legalize marijuana, which I refused to do, only because I go to festivals and parades to have fun, not get jammed up by someone pushing their political agenda, which has happened numerous times.

Then maybe they need to put up a card table with signs where many people are passing, and see if people will come up to them to sign. But that is only assuming that too many people won't be too shy to come up.

TheTravellers
06-04-2014, 02:09 PM
Disappointing, but not surprising.

As far as being approached at a festival by a petitioner, that's where high concentrations of people are, hence a higher success rate (hopefully), not sure where else they can go to get the most exposure possible (they were at Thunder games, from what I heard, but we don't go to games, so not sure where they were or how well they did there)... I'd ask the petitioner what their petition is for and I'd sign it if it was something I was for and say "no thanks" if it wasn't, and then go about my business after taking probably 5 minutes out of my day to possibly help things progress, but that's just me. :-D

Going to sign the statewide one this week or next, asked a friend to sign it and pass on the info, hopefully he will...

Plutonic Panda
06-04-2014, 02:49 PM
I was at the Paseo Arts festival a week or so ago, and was approached by a petitioner asking me to sign up to legalize marijuana, which I refused to do, only because I go to festivals and parades to have fun, not get jammed up by someone pushing their political agenda, which has happened numerous times.You refused to sign a petition that wouldn't have taken more than 3-5 minutes for a cause many are advocating for because you came there to have fun? Interesting... better they come bother you at your house. How do you think they get signatures? Sit behind a rock so they don't make people think they're shoving their political agenda into their faces?

If you don't support legalizing it, that's fine, but just come out and say it besides making up silly reasons.

rezman
06-04-2014, 03:54 PM
You refused to sign a petition that wouldn't have taken more than 3-5 minutes for a cause many are advocating for because you came there to have fun? Interesting... better they come bother you at your house. How do you think they get signatures? Sit behind a rock so they don't make people think they're shoving their political agenda into their faces?

If you don't support legalizing it, that's fine, but just come out and say it besides making up silly reasons.

As I said, i have been approached numerous times while at outings such as I mentioned. I go to have fun and enjoy myself, not have petions shoved at me. Just as I don't care to walk into the grocery store or Walmart and have people camping out by the door jamming me up to buy something. Too bad if you don't like my reason.

Plutonic Panda
06-04-2014, 11:16 PM
Huh. I have never been approached to sign a petition. I guess I could see how it would get annoying though.