View Full Version : You Can Now Remove Your Details From Google Search

Plutonic Panda
05-30-2014, 04:53 PM
https://support.google.com/legal/contact/lr_eudpa?product=websearch&hl=en

From Cnet: You can now ask Google to remove links about you - CNET (http://www.cnet.com/news/you-can-now-ask-google-to-remove-links-about-you/)

Plutonic Panda
05-30-2014, 04:57 PM
Just discovered it isn't available in the US :(

Dennis Heaton
05-30-2014, 05:07 PM

Major BUMMER!!!!!

Prunepicker
06-01-2014, 10:55 PM
I just tried it and found out.

RadicalModerate
06-01-2014, 11:21 PM
I'm sorta bummed out that I got nothin' on Google to be removed if I wanted to . . .
So I guess we need to start trying to keep up with the European Union or whatever . . .?

BBatesokc
06-02-2014, 05:28 AM
Some pretty vague language in Google's commitment to scrub links. I'm betting most links will remain other than those that simply point to very old, very out of date information.

Also, if you're relying on Google to bring you all of the Internet, then you're missing out. There are several other extremely capable search engines other than Google and many utilize algorithms that can give you better results based on certain types of searches. Not to mention Google only brings you around 10% or less of the total web to begin with.

Some of the best of the web is not even detectable by Google and remains 'hidden' because its stored as information on demand in non-static pages (think dynamic databases).

Speaking of, anyone familiar with any local tech schools etc. that offer a GOOD class on Internet searching, privacy concerns online, etc. and related topics? I've seen a few in the last couple of years but they seemed about 5 years behind today's technology.

A CLEET class very recently was actually still using scare tactics to teach about finding people's location via geotagging in metadata in pics on popular social media sites - even though most of the popular media sites redacted such information a few years ago.